1986 Datsun / Nissan 300 ZX - SOLD
One Owner California Car Since New (30+ Years of Careful Ownership!)
Delivered in Nearby San Jose, CA…Never Left California!
Totally Rust Free, Comprehensive Maintenance Records, Original Delivery Documents
Exceptional Example of a Desirable 5-Speed, Highly Optioned T-Top 300ZX
Exceptional Paint, Body, Interior, Rear Cargo Area & Engine Compartment
NOTE: Our listings are rather lengthy. They not only describe this particular car but also some history of the make/model, considerations in buying a classic car and facts about our firm. However, we continually hear from out-of-state / out-of- country buyers (many of our clients) that they prefer the level of detail that we provide. However, if you are not prepared to read the full listing, please scan the DETAILS below along with viewing the PHOTOGRAPHS at the bottom. If you'd prefer, please call us at 925-846-1451 and we'll gladly discuss the 300ZX and answer any questions over the telephone, including our "Buy it Now” policy. Yes, the Cobra can be purchased prior to the end of the eBay auction.
PLEASE NOTE: EACH TIME WE LIST A VEHICLE ON EBAY WE RECEIVE COMMENTS THAT THERE ARE NO PHOTOS OF THE INTERIOR, ENGINE, UNDERCARRIAGE, ETC. OF THE CAR. THERE ARE CLOSE TO 100 PHOTOS OF ALL AREAS OF THIS 300ZX, BUT WHEN YOU REACH WHAT APPEARS TO BE THE LAST PHOTO, YOU WILL NEED TO SCROLL DOWN ON eBay TO VIEW THE REMAINING PHOTOS. IF YOU ARE STILL UNABLE TO SEE THEM, PLEASE CALL US AT 925-846-1451 AND WE WILL PROVIDE A DIRECT LINK. NOTE: IT IS A VIOLATION OF eBay POLICY FOR US TO LIST THE URL ON THE eBay LISTING. PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE ADDITIONAL PHOTOS OF ANY PART OF THE 300ZX. ALL OF OUR PHOTOS ARE TAKEN IN NATURAL LIGHT AND WE DO NOT "PHOTO-SHOP” OR TOUCH-UP THE PHOTOS IN ANY WAY.
This car is offered at a realistic price and, unlike bidding on cars in an auction environment, you will have the benefit of extensive information and history on the car prior to making a buying decision. Equally as important is the fact that Classic Cars Ltd. has been in business for 24+ years and enjoys an excellent national / international relationship with over 920 positive eBay feedback responses.
Please keep in mind that we will gladly...
1. Answer any questions over the telephone and take the time to guide prospective customers through the buying process (925-846-1451).
2. Assist with locating a quality, suitable transporter at very competitive prices.
3. Provide proof that we are licensed, bonded (for the financial transaction), fully insured, and operate from an established showroom environment.
4. Provide feedback from previous buyers, and specific references for vehicle purchases in your area (we also ask that you view our detailed eBay feedback by clicking on the number to the right of the eBay user name)
5. Offer additional information including specific photographs or clarification of any part of our description of the vehicle
Thank you again, please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Paul R. Wankle, Pres.
Classic Cars Ltd.
HISTORY OF THIS 1986 NISSAN 300ZX
On New Year's Eve of 1986, a very excited enthusiast took delivery of this 1986 Nissan 300ZX from San Jose Nissan. The car had virtually all of the available options at the time and registered only 38 miles on the odometer. Since his purchase, the car has been owned by the same local owner, maintained by the Nissan dealer and pampered during his 30 years of ownership. The one owner's history of ownership and maintenance is documented by the following:
- 1986 Nissan Warranty Book stamped by San Jose delivery with 38 miles on 12/31/86
- Original window "Temporary Registration” window sticker with owner's name
- Original 1986 Nissan 300ZX Owner's Manual
- Originally issued "Automatic Temperature Control Reference Card”
- Extensive maintenance and repair history dating back to 1996 including dealer servicing history by delivering dealer, San Jose Nissan, Dublin Nissan and other servicing companies (for tires, frequent oil service, smog, etc.)
- All original tools, jack, spare tire (never used or removed)
- Factory original optional wheels
- Original with no modifications from stock and as delivered
It's difficult to know where to begin to describe this 1986 Nissan 300ZX. Unlike examples in inclement areas around the USA, this car has led an easy California life. It has NO rust and is in truly excellent cosmetic condition in every respect. The old adage "a photo is worth a thousand words” certainly applies in this instance. As the photos suggest, the car has exceptionally high gloss paint, no accident damage, beautiful exterior trim, rubber accents and stainless steel outside trim. The car has the appearance of a car that is just several years old and certainly does not show its age as a result of the owner's fanatical care, garaging, and minimal use in the recent past. In fact, the owner's decision to finally sell the car (he has been struggling with the decision for a few years!) is to see the car go to someone who will use and enjoy the car on a regular basis as much as he did in past years.
The car is a highly equipped / optioned example and the owner explained that he ordered it from nearby San Jose Nissan "fully loaded.” Upgrades include the following:
- Leather interior
- Digital dashboard
- 300ZX logo in headrests
- 300ZX logo factory mats
- Alloy wheels
- Door edge guards
Another benefit of this car is its original condition, 100% lack of modifications and functional electronic dash, steering wheel controls, stock radio (including power antenna, and other automated features that often time are not maintained or fail over time. The leather interior is in excellent condition with only one minor area of wear on the left side seat lower panel, but the left side seat bolster remains in excellent condition (typically significantly damaged on higher mileage cars). The driver's side power seat is fully functional, power windows operate quickly and properly.
The remainder of the interior is in beautiful condition including the totally crack free dashboard, door panels, front dash, gauges, and other components. Original "ZX” logo mats have protected the carpet that is damage free and in good condition, including the rear cargo area. The rear sunshade is in place, not damaged and the carpet is very good. The original "bags” for the T-Tops are properly stowed, and the jack and tools have never been removed from the rear area and remain in factory new condition.
The wheels are attractive factory items complete with "Z” center caps on all wheels (free from curb rash and damage). Excellent, recent tires are quality Goodyear Eagle GT II with even wear and substantial remaining tread. The battery has been recently replaced and the car has received an oil service and inspection within the previous 100 miles.
MAINTENANCE / MECHANICAL CONDITION
The extensive thick file documents the virtually exclusive dealer maintenance of this car since 1986. More often than not, after several years, we see maintenance being performed by independent repair facilities rarely having the benefit of ongoing service by the professionals at the delivering dealer (in this case, Nissan). However, this car had the benefit of seeing the dealer for years after it was delivered and the file includes early serving dating back to the first inspection along with subsequent required service (major and minor) at the factory recommended intervals. While the file is too extensive to list in detail, the car's owner always followed the dealer's recommendations for repairs / maintenance and the car received regular preventative care. Additionally, oil services and inspections were completed more frequently that suggested by Nissan during the car's lifetime. We will be glad to discuss maintenance details / specifics with interested individuals but it is clear that this car received "cost no object care” up to the point where it was being used less frequently by the owner.
IMPORTANT NOTE: As part of the regular dealer servicing of this Nissan 300ZX, during a normal visit for maintenance, the odometer was replaced in 1999. The replacement is documented in accordance with California DMV requirements and a sticker on the door that shows the replacement on 2/13/99 when the 300ZX had 67,916 miles. It was replaced by the dealer with a replacement (used) odometer that had a mileage reading of 177,000. The dealer indicated that he would charge $500.00 to reset the mileage to the original & correct mileage but the owner declined since he felt he would never sell the car (and the change was documented in accordance with State law). So, while the cars odometer reads 188,198 at this writing, it is estimated that the car has mileage in the 85-90K range. That mileage is shown on the eBay listing, NOT the actual reading that erroneously reflects the mileage that the car has traveled.
The car is in beautiful original condition and has been driven minimally by its original owner during the past several years. In fact, he has considered selling the 300ZX for some time but his emotional attachment and long-time ownership has not allowed him to part with the car.
NISSAN 300ZX HISTORY
The third generation Z-Cars was designed by Kazumasa Takagi. For the North American, European, and Australian markets, the 300ZX name followed the numerical convention put forth by Yutaka Katayama.
As of the 1984 model year, the 300ZX featured a new design: pronounced wedge shape with distinctive pop-up headlights that seemed to peep out from slots in the chiseled nose when they were down; and the turbo models had a distinctive scoop along the left side of their hoods.
The 300ZX was built on the same chassis as the 280ZX: with a trailing arm rear suspension, MacPherson struts up front and the same 91.3 inches of wheelbase between them. But, compared to the 280ZX, the 300ZX accelerated and handled better.
Under the hood you could see a new 3.0 liter V6 single overhead cam engine. The 300ZX offered excellent performance with road tests suggesting 0- 60 MPH times of less than 7 seconds. The ZX was offered with a four speed as standard, or an optional automatic, or 5-speed.
In 1986, the 300ZX received the first updates since its introduction a few years earlier. The car featured now side skirts and attractive rocker panel flares; the fiberglass spoiler was replaced with a durable plastic one. Nissan also offered a new base model without T-tops. Various options were offered including leather interior, digital dash, upgraded wheels, and an improved sound system.
The 300ZX was the continuation of the "Z” cars and continued Nissan's reputation as one of the premier makers of sports cars of the era. With a new design, this series of Z cars offered much better handling and acceleration than the previous 280ZX. It also remained a success model on both North American and Japanese market.
PURCHASING A COLLECTOR VEHICLE - THINGS TO CONSIDER
As always, we recommend that you carefully review the seller's background for any collector car being sold over the Internet. It is important to ask yourself a number of questions including, but not limited to:
- How long have they been in business?
- How much experience do they have with collector cars?
- How many positive collector car vehicle sales have they completed (positive eBay feedback)?
- How detailed/complete is the description of the vehicle?
- Do the photos show details of the interior, exterior, top, chrome, etc. or are they simply "glamour shots" taken from a distance?
- Does the seller have a Surety Bond to protect the financial transaction?
- What about insurance, licensing by the state, and a local business license?
- Does the seller (if a business) have any DMV (Motor Vehicle) complaints and/or other history of legal action, grievances?
- Does the seller enjoy a favorable local and national/international reputation?
- Can the seller assist with funding sources, transport and out of state/country sales?
ABOUT CLASSIC CARS LTD.
- Classic Cars Ltd. has been in the same, small, California town for over 24 years. We operate a small, "brick & mortar", indoor showroom, and specialize in the sale, consignment, and purchase of sports, high performance and specialty vehicles of all types. We have a particular interest in sports cars and unique vehicles.
- The majority of our vehicles come from local, private owners and collectors, and many were sold new in California. We appreciate that rust free cars, with excellent documentation and history are especially attractive to our buyers both locally, and around the country. As a result, we do not purchase our collectible cars from "distressed" sales, such as wholesale auctions, salvage sales, or lien sales. We do not sell vehicles with salvage titles, or those that have a history of significant accident damage or repair.
We have sold hundreds of unique, classic and collectible vehicles and regularly deal with buyers that have not had the experience of purchasing a large (both physically and monetarily) item on eBay, or through an Internet source. Our eBay feedback is 100% positive on all vehicle sales from customers around the globe and is a reflection of our commitment to accurate, complete, and thorough vehicle descriptions.
- We have been shipping vehicles for years and have established excellent contacts that are not only high quality but very price competitive. We do not use brokers, terminal shipping or other discount methods. Call us or email for a quote directly to your home or office. We are often able to obtain quality enclosed transportation (the kind of travel this car deserves) for the cost of open shipping.
- Please review our feedback on eBay (user name Never22Many) representing over 920 positive transactions to buyers all over the United States / World.
- We are fully insured, bonded, and licensed for collector car sales all over the United States/World.
- Classic Cars Ltd. carries a $50,000 Surety bond to cover financial transactions
- We frequently sell vehicles to out of State / out of country buyers, and will be glad to provide references for buyers in your area.
MISCELLANEOUS GENERAL INFORMATION
- As with virtually all collector/specialty vehicles, we find that parts and resources are readily available for this (and most every vehicle), thanks in large part to the Internet.
- In addition to the purchase price of the vehicle, California buyers will be subject to sales tax, a documentation fee, DMV transfer fees and license/registration. Out-of-state buyers will be responsible for the purchase price of the vehicle and any local taxes/fees will be the purchaser's responsibility to pay in their respective state. IMPORTANT NOTE: If the vehicle is delivered or driven in California and driven on California roads, sales-tax, license/registration and transfer fees will be assessed per California law.
- While we encourage telephone calls to discuss this vehicle in greater detail we will not respond to inquiries asking "What is the reserve". Also, if you would prefer that we call you to answer any questions about the vehicle; shipping alternatives, etc. please e-mail us with your telephone number and will gladly get back in touch with you.
- We encourage inspections of this 300ZX by serious, qualified individuals or professional inspectors. Please call at 925-846-1451 to arrange a convenient time.
- As with any collectible vehicle of this vintage we are unable to provide a warranty or guarantee of condition. However, we make every effort to accurately represent our vehicles, and highlight both positive items as well as areas that require attention. We ask that prospective buyers consider our eBay history/feedback, standing in the community, length of time in business, and other factors when purchasing a collectible vehicle from Classic Cars Ltd.
- Minor cosmetic issues/flaws may be present on every vehicle (regardless of cost) including small chips, nicks, scratches, etc. that can be seen on even the best restoration, or even a relatively new, used "pre-owned" vehicle. Also, ownership of a collectible / specialty vehicle is more enjoyable if the owner is familiar with the "realities" of these unique cars. Unlike more modern day vehicles, these cars require regular, ongoing care/maintenance and some mechanical knowledge, patience, and understanding can make the experience considerably more pleasant. That said, collector / "specialty" car owners will tell you (emphatically) that they love their cars and wouldn't trade them for anything!!
- The information contained in this description is believed to be accurate but, in some instances, has been provided by the car's owner / owners or outside sources. As a result, we are unable to guarantee the accuracy of the information. We encourage verification of "numbers" and significant data prior to the purchase of any collector vehicle that you are considering.
Classic Cars Ltd.
|Body Type / Style:||Coupe
|Transmission: ||5 Speed Manual