2008 Ford Shelby GT500 Convertible
Absolutely Striking with Only 22,700 Miles From New!
Torch Red Exterior with Black Top, Interior & Stripes / Trim
Meticulously Maintained - "As New" Condition
500 Horsepower / 6-Speed...Convertible!
NOTE: Our listings are rather lengthy. They not only describe this particular car but also some history of the make/model, considerations in buying a classic car and facts about our firm. However, we continually hear from out of state / out of country buyers (many of our clients) that they prefer the level of detail that we provide. However, if you are not prepared to read the full listing, please read the OVERVIEW below along with the PHOTOGRAPHS at the bottom. If you'd prefer, please call us at 925-846-1451 and we'll gladly discuss the Shelby Mustang and answer any questions over the telephone, including our ‽Buy it Now” policy. Yes, the GT500 can be purchased prior to the end of the eBay auction.
PLEASE NOTE: EACH TIME WE LIST A VEHICLE ON eBay WE RECEIVE COMMENTS THAT THERE ARE NO PHOTOS OF THE INTERIOR, ENGINE, UNDERCARRIAGE, ETC. OF THE CAR. THERE ARE CLOSE TO 100 PHOTOS OF ALL AREAS OF THIS SHELBY MUSTANG, BUT WHEN YOU REACH WHAT APPEARS TO BE THE LAST PHOTO, YOU WILL NEED TO SCROLL DOWN ON eBay TO VIEW THE REMAINING PHOTOS. IF YOU ARE STILL UNABLE TO SEE THEM, PLEASE CALL US AT 925-846-1451 AND WE WILL PROVIDE A DIRECT LINK. NOTE: IT IS A VIOLATION OF eBay POLICY FOR US TO LIST THE URL ON THE eBay LISTING. PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE ADDITIONAL PHOTOS OF ANY PART OF THE SHELBY MUSTANG. ALL OF OUR PHOTOS ARE TAKEN IN NATURAL LIGHT AND WE DO NOT ‽PHOTO-SHOP” OR TOUCH-UP THE PHOTOS IN ANY WAY.
This car is offered at a realistic price and, unlike bidding on cars in an auction environment, you will have the benefit of extensive information and history on the car prior to making a buying decision. Equally as important is the fact that Classic Cars Ltd. has been in business for 25 years and enjoys an excellent national / international relationship with nearly 940 positive eBay feedback responses.
Please keep in mind that we will gladly...
1. Answer any questions over the telephone and take the time to guide prospective customers through the buying process (925-846-1451).
2. Assist with locating a quality, suitable transporter at very competitive prices.
3. Provide proof that we are licensed, bonded (for the financial transaction), fully insured, and operate from an established showroom environment.
4. Provide feedback from previous buyers, and specific references for vehicle purchases in your area (we also ask that you view our detailed eBay feedback by clicking on the number to the right of the eBay user name)
5. Offer additional information including specific photographs or clarification of any part of our description of the vehicle
Thank you again, please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Paul R. Wankle, Pres.
Classic Cars Ltd.
OVERVIEW - THIS PARTICULAR 2008 SHELBY MUSTANG GT500
As is true with virtually all of our collector and high performance vehicles, this desirable 2008 Shelby GT500 comes to us from a referral customer who has been familiar with our specialty showroom for years.
While some descriptions require a considerable narrative to discuss imperfections and conditions problems, our job is made simple based on the condition of this GT500. Simply state, the car is as close to ‽new condition” as any 2008 performance convertible that we have seen. The car has been extremely well maintained mechanically and cosmetically and it shows.
The paint is brilliant and the interior shows no signs of wear, has never been smoked in, or seen pets/kids. The trim, convertible top are in excellent condition and the Mustang is free from door dings, front and rear ‽bumper rash” as a result of its occasional suburban use for cruising on clear California days.
It would be difficult to find a prettier, better running example of the highly sought after 2008 Shelby GT500 and…it's red!
SHELBY EQUIPMENT / OPTIONS
The muscular Shelby GT500 is propelled by a 500-hp, 5.4-liter supercharged V-8 paired with a six-speed manual transmission. Standard equipment includes a limited-slip differential, traction control, a performance-tuned suspension, 18-inch aluminum alloy wheels with performance tires (255/45 front, 285/40 rear), four-wheel anti-lock disc brakes with Brembo front calipers, an aluminum hood with air vents, unique front and rear fascia's, racing stripes (not included on the convertible but were and option and are included on this car), and GT500 side stripes, leather sport seats, a power driver's seat, a leather-wrapped sport steering wheel, a six-speaker AM/FM audio with a six-disc in-dash changer and MP3 player, and an upgraded anti-theft system.
Of course, the Shelby comes fully loaded including a power top with rear boot cover, power windows, brakes, steering, A/C, and a host of additional standard features. The unique Shelby badges separate the GT500 from a lesser Mustang as does the factory stripes, GT500 gas filler, wheels, and other exterior and interior accents unique to the Shelby. While this car has some subtle improvements, they are subtle and in no way detract from the appearance of the stock car. In fact, they add to the already incredible performance and, in one instance, improve the sound of the car; more on that later...
Our job in describing this Shelby GT500 is straightforward thanks to the fanatical care that the Mustang received by its very particular owner. With just over 28,000 miles since new, the car has been used as a fair weather car, never smoked in, or seen kids, or pets. Frankly, its condition is more reflective of a car that is only a few years old and it is difficult to find any cosmetic imperfections. It has, of course, been garaged its entire life, always detailed, and kept in the condition that can be seen in the 100~ photos in our listing. We cannot imagine finding a better example of a highly sought after, high performance GT500. Major features are All SHELBY badging in place as from Shelby factory, both interior and exterior.
The Shelby GT500 carries VIN # 1ZVHT89S385196976 and was first titled on 5/1/2009 with 16 miles. The CARFAX report is totally clean with no indication of accident, repainting, theft, or any other negative activity. It also documents the car passing smog on a regular basis, shows a chronological progression of the low mileage (fewer than 3,000 miles per year!), and even confirms that the vehicle has received vehicle servicing.
The entire car is in remarkable condition both inside and outside. The owner was very meticulous in his care, including a comprehensive, extensive detail of the exterior, interior, engine bay & trunk (completed regularly, not just for the sale of the car). Under the hood, the detailed engine appears as new and has a couple of chrome after-market accent pieces. The trunk shows little use, with the spare tire having never been used. The carpet inside the deck lid is embossed with SHELBY. Inside, the seats show little or no wear and all upholstery and carpet is in fine condition. Outside, the white finish is shiny and free of significant defects. There is only a bit of rash under the nose fascia and it is out of sight. The entire underside of the car is ‽California clean”, as expected.
With the exception of a few very minor cosmetic improvements, the car remains totally stock. These changes include a ‽Stubby” radio antenna, improved rear Shelby lettering, and some nice chrome and powder coated touches in the engine compartment (refer to photos). Note the powder coated, body color, stiffening bar. In addition to the cars excellent mechanical and cosmetic condition, it is the attention to detail that makes this Shelby GT500 stand out.
Simply stated, the GT500 shows and drives as new. With only 28,000~ miles, the car is tight, rattle free, and has never been tracked, or abused by its mature owner / driver.
We should note that this GT500 deserves considerable respect and should not be in the hands of an inexperienced or overly exuberant driver. It is VERY fast but incredibly fun to drive.
While totally stock in appearance the GT500 has had the benefit of some subtle changes that enhance performance without affecting reliability or drivability. These include:
- Improved air box with original Ford unit included
- Short throw 6-speed transmission
- Electronically controlled exhaust "Cut-Outs” - At the push of a button the exhaust is opened for improved sound and performance - (Professionally installed at a cost of $2,000.00+)
The Shelby runs and drives like new and have been well maintained by its enthusiast owner / driver. The car is 100% turn-key and ready for the upcoming summer months!
• Includes original owners manuals / documents
• Clear California title in hand
• Current California registration or California buyers until September 2017
• Passed the California required safety inspection for working wipers, turn signals, lights, brakes, tires, etc.
• Remote key fob
SHELBY MUSTANG GT500 CONVERTIBLE
Construction Unitized welded steel body, aluminum hood
POWERTRAIN AND CHASSIS
Manufacturing location: Romeo, Michigan
Configuration: Iron Block and Aluminum Heads
Intake manifold Cast-aluminum with Roots-type supercharger and air-to-water intercooler
Exhaust manifold: Cast iron
Crankshaft: Forged steel
Throttle Body: Dual 60 mm, electronic
Valvetrain: DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder
Valve diameter: Intake: 37.0 mm; Exhaust: 32.0 mm
Pistons Forged aluminum
Connecting Rods: Cracked forged steel I-beams
Bore x stroke: 3.552 x 4.165 in. / 90.22 x 105.8 mm
Displacement: 330 cu. in. / 5,409 cc
Horsepower: 500 hp @ 6,000 rpm
Torque: 480 lb.-ft. @ 4,500 rpm
Compression ratio: 8.4:1
Redline: 6,250 rpm
Idle Speed: in Neutral 750 rpm
Engine control system: Spanish oak PCM
Recommended fuel: Premium only
Fuel capacity: 16.0 gallons
Fuel Injection: Electronic return-less sequential
Oil capacity: 6.5 quarts 5W-50 Full Synthetic
Coolant capacity: 21 quarts
Layout: Rear-wheel drive
Standard: (Type) Tremec TR6060 6-speed manual
Final Drive: 3.31
Front: Reverse-L independent MacPherson strut, 34-mm tubular stabilizer bar
Rear: Three-link solid axle with coil springs, Panhard rod, 24-mm solid stabilizer bar
Type: Rack and pinion with power assist
Steering column: Tilt
Type: Four wheel power disc with four-channel anti-lock braking system (ABS), electronic brake force distribution (EBD) and traction control
Front: Brembo 14-inch diameter vented discs, four-piston aluminum calipers
Rear: 11.8-inch diameter vented discs, two-piston calipers
TIRES AND WHEELS
Tires: P255/45Z18 front tires, P285/40ZR18 rear tires
Wheels: 18 x 9.5-inch machined aluminum wheels with SVT center caps
DIMENSIONS (inches unless otherwise noted)
Overall length: 188.0
Overall width: 73.9
Overall height: 54.5 Coupe; 55.7 Convertible
Track width: front/rear 61.9 / 62.5
Ground clearance: 5.71
Seating capacity: 4 passenger
Front row: 38.6 Coupe; 38.8 Convertible
Second row: 35.0 Coupe; 36.3 Convertible
Front row: 42.7 Coupe; 42.7 Convertible
Second row: 31.0 Coupe; 30.3 Convertible
Front row: 55.4 Coupe; 55.4 Convertible
Second row: 53.3 Coupe; 45.0 Convertible
Front row: 53.6 Coupe; 53.6 Convertible
Second row: 46.7 Coupe; 45.4 Convertible
Cargo Volume: 12.3 cu. ft., Coupe; 9.7 cu. ft., Convertible
WEIGHTS AND CAPACITIES
Curb weight / pounds
Coupe: 3,920 pounds
Convertible: 4,040 pounds
Weight distribution: (f/r) 57/43
Safety belts: Load-limiting seat belts with pre-tensioners and height-adjustable shoulder belts for front seating positions (coupe); Three-point safety belts for all seating positions; Belt-Minder - safety-belt reminder chime
Air bags: Seat-deployed side air bags for driver and front passenger; Dual-stage driver and front-passenger air bags with crash-severity sensor, driver-seat-position sensor and front-passenger weight sensor
Child safety: LATCH anchors for rear outboard seats
Brakes Anti-lock braking system (ABS);Traction-control system
Fuel: Inertia-activated shutoff switch for fuel pump
Security: SecuriLock - passive anti-theft system; Remote keyless entry; Separate alarm sounder; Anti-tow sensor; Ultrasonic interior motion sensor; Perimeter anti-theft battery
MAJOR STANDARD EQUIPMENT
Audio system: Shaker 500: AM/FM stereo with six-disc CD/MP3 capable player with eight speakers
Badging: Unique GT500
Top: Black cloth (Convertible only)
Exhaust: Tuned dual stainless steel
Fascia: Unique GT500 color-keyed front and rear
Fog lamps: Front
Grille: Unique upper with Cobra emblem
Hood: Unique with heat extractors
Locking: Remote keyless entry
Spoiler: Unique color-keyed deck-lid spoiler
Trim: Over-the-top ‽ LeMans” stripes and ‽GT500” side stripes (Coupe)
"GT500” side stripes (Convertible)
Trunk: ‽Fix a Flat” tire repair kit
Air conditioning: Manual
Console Center with full armrest and storage
Cup holders: 2
Door trim inserts: Soft vinyl
Floor mats: Front, color-keyed with driver-side retention
Instrument cluster: Includes boost gauge and message center,
Map pockets: Front doors
Power points: 2
Scuff plates: Door sills, with bright SVT script insert
Seats: Leather sport buckets; 6-way power adjustable driver
seat with power lumbar and 2-way adjustable head restraint
Shift knob: Unique with leather shift boot and parking brake handle
Steering wheel: Leather-wrapped with unique thumb pads, adjustable for tilt
Windows/door locks: Power
"GT500” side stripes: Coupe & Convertible
Shaker 1000: 1000 watt audio system: AM/FM stereo, in-dash six-disc CD/MP3 player, 10 speakers
Satellite radio SIRIUS® Satellite Radio
GT500 Premium Interior Trim Package: Wrapped and stitched instrument panel brow and center condole with upgraded door armrest, electrochromic rearview mirror and aluminum pedal covers
Paint/stripe colors: Torch Red with Ebony Stripes
Convertible top: Black cloth
INTERIOR: Charcoal Black/Charcoal Black
PURCHASING A COLLECTOR VEHICLE - THINGS TO CONSIDER
As always, we recommend that you carefully review the seller's background for any collector car being sold over the Internet. It is important to ask yourself a number of questions including, but not limited to:
- How long have they been in business?
- How much experience do they have with collector cars?
- How many positive collector car vehicle sales have they completed (positive eBay feedback)?
- How detailed/complete is the description of the vehicle?
- Do the photos show details of the interior, exterior, top, chrome, etc. or are they simply "glamour shots" taken from a distance?
- Does the seller have a Surety Bond to protect the financial transaction?
- What about insurance, licensing by the state, and a local business license?
- Does the seller (if a business) have any DMV (Motor Vehicle) complaints and/or other history of legal action, grievances?
- Does the seller enjoy a favorable local and national/international reputation?
- Can the seller assist with funding sources, transport and out of state/country sales?
ABOUT CLASSIC CARS LTD.
- Classic Cars Ltd. has been in the same, small, California town for over 20 years. We operate a small "brick & mortar", indoor showroom, and specialize in the sale, consignment, and purchase of sports, high performance and specialty vehicles of all types. We have a particular interest in sports cars and unique vehicles.
- The majority of our vehicles come from local, private owners and collectors, and many were sold new in California. We appreciate that rust free cars, with excellent documentation and history are especially attractive to our buyers both locally, and around the country. As a result, we do not purchase our collectible cars from "distressed" sales, such as wholesale auctions, salvage sales, or lien sales. We do not sell vehicles with salvage titles, or those that have a history of significant accident damage or repair.
We have sold hundreds of unique, classic and collectible vehicles and regularly deal with buyers that have not had the experience of purchasing a large (both physically and monetarily) item on eBay, or through an Internet source. Our eBay feedback is 100% positive on all vehicle sales from customers around the globe and is a reflection of our commitment to accurate, complete, and thorough vehicle descriptions.
- We have been shipping vehicles for years and have established excellent contacts that are not only high quality but very price competitive. We do not use brokers, terminal shipping or other discount methods. Call us or email for a quote directly to your home or office. We are often able to obtain quality enclosed transportation (the kind of travel this car deserves) for the cost of open shipping.
- Please review our feedback on eBay (user name Never22Many) representing over 940 positive transactions to buyers all over the United States / World.
- We are fully insured, bonded, and licensed for collector car sales all over the United States/World.
- Classic Cars Ltd. carries a $50,000 Surety bond to cover financial transactions
- We frequently sell vehicles to out of State / out of country buyers, and will be glad to provide references for buyers in your area.
MISCELLANEOUS GENERAL INFORMATION
- As with virtually all collector/specialty vehicles, we find that parts and resources are readily available for this (and most every vehicle), thanks in large part to the Internet.
- In addition to the purchase price of the vehicle, California buyers will be subject
to sales tax, a documentation fee, DMV transfer fees and license/registration. Out-of-state buyers will be responsible for the purchase price of the vehicle and any local taxes/fees will be the purchaser's responsibility to pay in their respective state. IMPORTANT NOTE: If the vehicle is delivered or driven in California and driven on California roads, sales-tax, license/registration and transfer fees will be assessed per California law.
- While we encourage telephone calls to discuss this vehicle in greater detail. Also, if you would prefer that we call you to answer any questions about the vehicle; shipping alternatives, etc. please e-mail us with your telephone number and will gladly get back in touch with you.
- We encourage inspections of this Shelby Mustang by serious, qualified individuals or professional inspectors. Please call at 925-846-1451 to arrange a convenient time.
- As with any collectible vehicle of this vintage we are unable to provide a warranty or guarantee of condition. However, we make every effort to accurately represent our vehicles, and highlight both positive items as well as areas that require attention. We ask that prospective buyers consider our eBay history/feedback, standing in the community, length of time in business, and other factors when purchasing a collectible vehicle from Classic Cars Ltd.
- Minor cosmetic issues/flaws may be present on every vehicle (regardless of cost) including small chips, nicks, scratches, etc. that can be seen on even the best restoration, or even a relatively new, used "pre-owned" vehicle. Also, ownership of a collectible / specialty vehicle is more enjoyable if the owner is familiar with the "realities" of these unique cars. Unlike more modern day vehicles, these cars require regular, ongoing care/maintenance and some mechanical knowledge, patience, and understanding can make the experience considerably more pleasant. That said, collector / "specialty" car owners will tell you (emphatically) that they love their cars and wouldn't trade them for anything!!
- The information contained in this description is believed to be accurate but, in some instances, has been provided by the car's owner / owners or outside sources. As a result, we are unable to guarantee the accuracy of the information. We encourage verification of "numbers" and significant data prior to the purchase of any collector vehicle that you are considering.
Classic Cars Ltd.
|Body Type / Style:||Convertible
|Exterior Color:||Torch Red|
|Transmission: ||6 Speed Manual
Clear Title Included
Close Ratio 6-Speed
Custom Car Cover
Dual Side Mirrors
Exceptional Paint Quality
Factory Air Conditioning
Factory Bucket Seats
Factory Center Console
Factory Dual Exhaust
Factory Power Top
Factory Upgraded Suspension
Fog / Driving Lights
| ||Fuel Injection|
Original Warranty Booklet
Power Driver's Seat
Sway Bars (Front & Rear)