"They're Only Original Once!"
1930 Ford "A" 5-Window Coupe - SOLD!
Desirable 5-Window Coupe w/ Rumble Seat
100% Original California Car for 85+ Years! - Rare "Barn Find”
Unmolested Original, All Original Panels, No Accidents Ever, Impossible to Duplicate!
Runs & Drives, Functional Gauges, Lights, Usable As-Is
NOTE: Our listings are rather lengthy. They not only describe this particular car but also some history of the make/model, considerations in buying a classic car and facts about our firm. However, we continually hear from out of state / out of country buyers (many of our clients) that they prefer the level of detail that we provide. However, if you are not prepared to read the full listing, please read the DETAILS below along with viewing the PHOTOGRAPHS at the bottom. If you'd prefer, please call us at 925-846-1451 and we'll gladly discuss the Model A and answer any questions over the telephone, including our "Buy it Now” policy. Yes, the Model A can be purchased prior to the end of the eBay auction.
PLEASE NOTE: EACH TIME WE LIST A VEHICLE ON eBay WE RECEIVE COMMENTS THAT THERE ARE NO PHOTOS OF THE INTERIOR, ENGINE, UNDERCARRIAGE, ETC. OF THE CAR. THERE ARE CLOSE TO 100 PHOTOS OF ALL AREAS OF THIS MODEL A, BUT WHEN YOU REACH WHAT APPEARS TO BE THE LAST PHOTO, YOU WILL NEED TO SCROLL DOWN ON eBay TO VIEW THE REMAINING PHOTOS. IF YOU ARE STILL UNABLE TO SEE THEM, PLEASE CALL US AT 925-846-1451 AND WE WILL PROVIDE A DIRECT LINK. NOTE: IT IS A VIOLATION OF eBay POLICY FOR US TO LIST THE URL ON THE eBay LISTING. PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE ADDITIONAL PHOTOS OF ANY PART OF THE MODEL A. ALL OF OUR PHOTOS ARE TAKEN IN NATURAL LIGHT AND WE DO NOT PHOTO-SHOP” OR TOUCH-UP THE PHOTOS IN ANY WAY.
This car is offered at a realistic price and, unlike bidding on cars in an auction environment, you will have the benefit of extensive information and history on the car prior to making a buying decision. Equally as important is the fact that Classic Cars Ltd. has been in business for 24+ years and enjoys an excellent national / international relationship with over 930 positive eBay feedback responses.
Please keep in mind that we will gladly...
1. Answer any questions over the telephone and take the time to guide prospective customers through the buying process (925-846-1451).
2. Assist with locating a quality, suitable transporter at very competitive prices.
3. Provide proof that we are licensed, bonded (for the financial transaction), fully insured, and operate from an established showroom environment.
4. Provide feedback from previous buyers, and specific references for vehicle purchases in your area (we also ask that you view our detailed eBay feedback by clicking on the number to the right of the eBay user name)
5. Offer additional information including specific photographs or clarification of any part of our description of the vehicle
Thank you again, please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Paul R. Wankle, Pres.
Classic Cars Ltd.
DETAILS - THIS PARTICULAR 1931 FORD MODEL A DELUXE COUPE
We are the first to admit that Model A's are readily available in a wide range of conditions ranging from totally stock to heavily modified street rods, and everything in between. However, in our 25 years in business, we have never seen a more original, complete yet fully functional example of a desirable Model A 5-window coupe. While this car did not actually come out of a barn, it has been in California for its entire life and has survived for over 85 years in original condition.
With the current trend of "rat rods” and collectors fully appreciating that cars are only original once”, this car simply cannot be duplicated and represents a totally honest, unbelievably solid, rust free survivor. Frankly, while it could be an excellent basis for a street rod, or restoration back to like new condition, we would resist that temptation keeping it in its current lovely original condition. Another option would be to upgrade the mechanical components (a period flathead engine perhaps?), improve the interior, and drive it in the condition that can never be duplicated.
This Model A has been maintained by a vintage Ford enthusiast and used on the weekends for the occasional trip to our small downtown area for coffee (and to attract crowds!). It has been to local shows and, again, attracted considerable attention for its uniqueness and the fact that it remains a drivable, usable vintage Model A.
So, separates this example from so many other Model A's? Consider the following:
- Lifelong California Car (85+ Years!)
- 100% Original Configuration with no body modifications or alterations
- Excellent panel fit, doors close easily and solidly
- No rust through on body, fenders, inner doors, floor boards, or frame
- Amazingly straight, all steel, original panels with no damage
- Excellent headlights, grill, straight bumpers, running boards and rumble seat "lid”
- Rumble seat option including original Ford springs and remnants of original upholstery
- Functional gauges including speedometer, ammeter, gas gauge and lights
- Starts every time, and runs and drives well
- Original engine, transmission, and other mechanical components
- Complete undamaged wheels, 5 chrome center caps, headlights and other trim
• Original 4 cylinder Model A engine
• Original 3 speed Model A transmission; floor shift
• Original 4 wheel mechanical brakes; could use adjustment
• Tires hold air with newer tubes installed
• Rear mounted spare tire w/ Ford script
• Starts cold or hot
• No overheating issues even in warm, Northern California
• No significant leaks from engine, transmission or cooling system
• Deluxe 5-window coupe body style w/ rumble seat
• Windshield opens at the bottom by 5+”
• All Henry steel body
• Excellent body gaps
• Recently replaced vinyl top (center section) and new wood
• No running board rubber but easily replaced / sourced
• Ford script step plates on center of running boards
• Factory original stock tail light with license bracket
• Two right rear steps into rumble seat
• Both doors open and close well with good gaps (passenger side as good as we have ever seen on a Model A)
• NO rust through on the underside of the doors, inner doors, or floor boards
• Dual outside rear view mirrors on doors (not original)
• Both sides of hood fit very well, fold properly and have original latches
• Welting under hood is still in place
• Good condition of welting between fenders and body
• All 6 panes of glass excellent - windows roll-up / down easily
• Both bumpers are free of damage and are totally straight
• Front of radiator core is quite free of bent fins
• Ooh-gah horn mounted near left headlight (functional)
• Original seats (including what appears to be original, or VERY old material) covered with seat covers
• Stock dash
• Original gauges (working)
• Factory original steering wheel with working throttle and headlight switches
• Shiny chrome gauge bezel
• Solid floors with replaced wood and access for battery (recently replaced)
• Windshield tilts out properly at bottom
• Vacuum windshield wiper; drivers side only (disconnected but was working)
• Drivers and passengers side door window crank and opener in place with windows that roll up and down easily
• Small original Ford script plates on each door sill
• Rumble seat springs in place with signs of original fabric still in the rear area
• Totally solid, no rust rumble seat compartment / floors
• Engine is not detailed but also is not covered in gunk
• Clear California title; current California registration
• California smog test not required for vehicles 1975 and older
HISTORY OF THE FORD MODEL A
Ford began automobile production in 1903 with an alphabet series of models starting with A and ending with the final Model T in mid 1927. The Model T was the most successful car ever at that time, with a total production of about 15 million from 1908 through 1927. It was the first ever car produced on a moving assembly line with interchangeable parts and priced for the common man. Although Henry Ford at one time thought that the Model T with yearly improvements would thrive without end, he realized in 1927 that both Chevrolet and Plymouth were making inroads and he decided to design and build a totally new car. Since it was to be entirely different, Ford chose to start over model designation again with A”.
The first of the new Model A's were sold in late 1927 as 1928 models and production continued through 1931 with a total of about 5 million vehicles. Due in large part to keeping prices low and good marketing, the Model A was extremely successful, considerably outselling the competition. This was true even though both Chevrolet and Plymouth had some mechanical advances, such as hydraulic brakes, that Ford had not yet incorporated and would not until well into the 1930's.
It is believed that about 1 million Model A's are still in existence and reproduction part availability is so great that you could literally build your own car from available parts for the more common body styles. Further, there is an excellent California-based club, The Model A Ford Club of America (MAFCA), that offers many opportunities to cruise, show and talk about your Model A. Additionally, they publish an excellent monthly magazine that enthusiasts find very helpful. MAFCA also has many members who are extremely knowledgeable regarding all details of the car, particularly restoration and maintenance. Listening to the unique Model A sound at a MAFCA gathering is quite exciting. As a bonus, it is probably the most affordable collectible car both to buy and to restore/maintain.
PURCHASING A COLLECTOR VEHICLE - THINGS TO CONSIDER
As always, we recommend that you carefully review the seller's background for any collector car being sold over the Internet. It is important to ask yourself a number of questions including, but not limited to:
- How long have they been in business?
- How much experience do they have with collector cars?
- How many positive collector car vehicle sales have they completed (positive eBay feedback)?
- How detailed/complete is the description of the vehicle?
- Do the photos show details of the interior, exterior, top, chrome, etc. or are they simply "glamour shots" taken from a distance?
- Does the seller have a Surety Bond to protect the financial transaction?
- What about insurance, licensing by the state, and a local business license?
- Does the seller (if a business) have any DMV (Motor Vehicle) complaints and/or other history of legal action, grievances?
- Does the seller enjoy a favorable local and national/international reputation?
- Can the seller assist with funding sources, transport and out of state/country sales?
ABOUT CLASSIC CARS LTD.
- Classic Cars Ltd. has been in the same, small, California town for over 24 years. We operate a small "brick & mortar", indoor showroom, and specialize in the sale, consignment, and purchase of sports, high performance and specialty vehicles of all types. We have a particular interest in sports cars and unique vehicles.
- The majority of our vehicles come from local, private owners and collectors, and many were sold new in California. We appreciate that rust free cars, with excellent documentation and history are especially attractive to our buyers both locally, and around the country. As a result, we do not purchase our collectible cars from "distressed" sales, such as wholesale auctions, salvage sales, or lien sales. We do not sell vehicles with salvage titles, or those that have a history of significant accident damage or repair.
We have sold hundreds of unique, classic and collectible vehicles and regularly deal with buyers that have not had the experience of purchasing a large (both physically and monetarily) item on eBay, or through an Internet source. Our eBay feedback is 100% positive on all vehicle sales from customers around the globe and is a reflection of our commitment to accurate, complete, and thorough vehicle descriptions.
- We have been shipping vehicles for years and have established excellent contacts that are not only high quality but very price competitive. We do not use brokers, terminal shipping or other discount methods. Call us or email for a quote directly to your home or office. We are often able to obtain quality enclosed transportation (the kind of travel this car deserves) for the cost of open shipping.
- Please review our feedback on eBay (user name Never22Many) representing over 930 positive transactions to buyers all over the United States / World.
- We are fully insured, bonded, and licensed for collector car sales all over the United States/World.
- Classic Cars Ltd. carries a $50,000 Surety bond to cover financial transactions
- We frequently sell vehicles to out of State / out of country buyers, and will be glad to provide references for buyers in your area.
MISCELLANEOUS GENERAL INFORMATION
- As with virtually all collector/specialty vehicles, we find that parts and resources are readily available for this (and most every vehicle), thanks in large part to the Internet.
- In addition to the purchase price of the vehicle, California buyers will be subject
to sales tax, a documentation fee, DMV transfer fees and license/registration. Out-of-state buyers will be responsible for the purchase price of the vehicle and any local taxes/fees will be the purchaser's responsibility to pay in their respective state. IMPORTANT NOTE: If the vehicle is delivered or driven in California and driven on California roads, sales-tax, license/registration and transfer fees will be assessed per California law.
- While we encourage telephone calls to discuss this vehicle in greater detail. If you would prefer that we call you to answer any questions about the vehicle; shipping alternatives, etc. please e-mail us with your telephone number and will gladly get back in touch with you.
- We encourage inspections of this Model A by serious, qualified individuals or professional inspectors. Please call at 925-846-1451 to arrange a convenient time.
- As with any collectible vehicle of this vintage we are unable to provide a warranty or guarantee of condition. However, we make every effort to accurately represent our vehicles, and highlight both positive items as well as areas that require attention. We ask that prospective buyers consider our eBay history/feedback, standing in the community, length of time in business, and other factors when purchasing a collectible vehicle from Classic Cars Ltd.
- Minor cosmetic issues/flaws may be present on every vehicle (regardless of cost) including small chips, nicks, scratches, etc. that can be seen on even the best restoration, or even a relatively new, used "pre-owned" vehicle. Also, ownership of a collectible / specialty vehicle is more enjoyable if the owner is familiar with the "realities" of these unique cars. Unlike more modern day vehicles, these cars require regular, ongoing care/maintenance and some mechanical knowledge, patience, and understanding can make the experience considerably more pleasant. That said, collector / "specialty" car owners will tell you (emphatically) that they love their cars and wouldn't trade them for anything!!
- The information contained in this description is believed to be accurate but, in some instances, has been provided by the car's owner / owners or outside sources. As a result, we are unable to guarantee the accuracy of the information. We encourage verification of "numbers" and significant data prior to the purchase of any collector vehicle that you are considering.
Classic Cars Ltd.
|Body Type / Style:||Coupe
|Transmission: ||3 Speed Manual
California Lic & Reg
Exempt From Smog in California
| ||Functional Horn|
No Previous Damage Body
Runs & Drives Well
Virtually 100% Complete
Optional Factory Rumble Seat
Incredible Original Panels / Fit
Great Potential "As-Is" or Modify
Currently Licensed & Reg. In California