1972 GMC 1/2 Ton Pick-Up
Purchased New at Local Chevrolet Dealer by its Original Owner!
High Quality Frame-Off Restoration within 3,000 Miles
Show Quality Paint & Body, Interior, Highly Detailed
NOTE: Our listings are rather lengthy. They not only describe this particular car but also some history of the make/model, considerations in buying a classic car and facts about our firm. However, we continually hear from out-of-state / out-of- country buyers (many of our clients) that they prefer the level of detail that we provide. However, if you are not prepared to read the full listing, please scan the DETAILS below along with viewing the PHOTOGRAPHS at the bottom. If you'd prefer, please call us at 925-846-1451 and we'll gladly discuss the Sierra and answer any questions over the telephone, including our ‽Buy it Now” policy. Yes, the GMC can be purchased prior to the end of the eBay auction.
PLEASE NOTE: EACH TIME WE LIST A VEHICLE ON EBAY WE RECEIVE COMMENTS THAT THERE ARE NO PHOTOS OF THE INTERIOR, ENGINE, UNDERCARRIAGE, ETC. OF THE CAR. THERE ARE CLOSE TO 100 PHOTOS OF ALL AREAS OF THIS GMC, BUT WHEN YOU REACH WHAT APPEARS TO BE THE LAST PHOTO, YOU WILL NEED TO SCROLL DOWN ON eBay TO VIEW THE REMAINING PHOTOS. IF YOU ARE STILL UNABLE TO SEE THEM, PLEASE CALL US AT 925-846-1451 AND WE WILL PROVIDE A DIRECT LINK. NOTE: IT IS A VIOLATION OF EBAY POLICY FOR US TO LIST THE URL ON THE EBAY LISTING. PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE ADDITIONAL PHOTOS OF ANY PART OF THE GMC.
This truck is offered at a realistic price and, unlike bidding on cars in an auction environment, you will have the benefit of extensive information and history on the car prior to making a buying decision. Equally as important is the fact that Classic Cars Ltd. has been in business for 25 years and enjoys an excellent national / international relationship with over 930 positive eBay feedback responses.
Please keep in mind that we will gladly...
1. Answer any questions over the telephone and take the time to guide prospective customers through the buying process (925-846-1451).
2. Assist with locating a quality, suitable transporter at very competitive prices.
3. Provide proof that we are licensed, bonded (for the financial transaction), fully insured, and operate from an established showroom environment.
4. Provide feedback from previous buyers, and specific references for vehicle purchases in your area (we also ask that you view our detailed eBay feedback by clicking on the number to the right of the eBay user name)
5. Offer additional information including specific photographs or clarification of any part of our description of the vehicle
Thank you again, please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Paul R. Wankle, Pres.
Classic Cars Ltd.
HISTORY - THIS PARTICULAR 1972 GMC SIERRA
Classic Cars Ltd. is celebrating 25 years in Pleasanton and, over the years, we have sold a large number of vehicles that the owner's thought would never be sold. However, as is the case with this sympathetically restored GMC Sierra, the trucks owner has faced serious medical issues resulting in his inability to use the truck that was his pride and joy. The family has asked us to find a new "caregiver" for the truck who can enjoy it as much as the owner did for many years.
It is increasingly difficult to find one owner cars/trucks, much less an example that was delivered locally and remained in the area for its entire life. This GMC Sierra is one such example. The car was delivered to its local owner in 1972 by Groth Chevrolet, Livermore, CA. just 10 miles from our location. Additionally, the truck was manufactured I the Fremont, CA. plant, just 30 miles from our location. The family reports that the truck was always extremely well cared for and was free from rust, damage and modifications when the owner decided to bring the Sierra to "As-New” condition and undertook a comprehensive, frame off restoration.
We regularly see some exceptional collectible vintage cars and trucks. However, this particular Sierra is simply one of the nicest early 70's examples that we have seen in years. This truck represents a tastefully restored, high, one owner quality example of a desirable vintage truck. As a rust free, straight California truck, it was a prime example for a total and complete restoration. The GMC was totally disassembled, removed from the chassis and literally every nut and bolt was removed, refinished, replaced or re-plated. This truck is unusual as we often see vehicles with a list of excuses and needs. Not so with this truck that falls in the category of a "no expense spared" restoration.
The GMC Sierra runs and drives extremely well, has exceptionally high cosmetics (including show quality paint and body work), a striking interior, detailed engine compartment, and detailed chassis / underside. Also appealing is the fact that the upgrades that were completed were done tastefully to improve the drivability and appearance of the car without cutting or modifying its original configuration. Noteworthy is the fact that the owner was a talented woodworker and his craft can be seen in the absolutely striking wooden center console and dash that houses a complete set of fully functional gauges.
We rarely find ourselves at a loss of words but this truck is so nice that it is difficult to describe the high quality of the trucks cosmetics, and mechanical components / upgrades. However, the following summary will provide highlights by category of some of the many features of this GMC Sierra:
VIN # TCE1422511513
T = GMC
E = V8
1 = ½ Ton
4 = Pickup
2 = 1972
Z = Fremont, CA production
511513 = Production Sequence
- Frame off 2-stage re-paint with truck totally disassembled and drive-line removed from vehicle - Show level, totally free from orange peel or signs of poor preparation
- Laser straight body
- Excellent door fit with working locks
- Proper hood gaps with re-done springs for ease of opening / use
- No indication or report of previous accident damage
- Beautiful chrome, stainless trim, correct emblems
- Replaced chrome grill
- Re-chromed bumpers (front & rear)
- All new rubber trim, window felts and ‽soft” items replaced
- Immaculate truck bed, chromed tailgate supports
- Damage free lenses
- Halogen (4) headlights
- Excellent glass including windshield (free from stars / cracks)
- Replaced tires and restored wheels to factory stock specifications
- Completely restored immaculate interior including: seats, dash, door panels, headliner
- Custom designed center console housing two speakers and space for storage
- Gauge cluster of functional gauges including: Oil pressure, Voltmeter, Water temperature, vacuum (in addition to stock gauges with odometer re-set)
- All new carpet
- Rubber mats covering front
- New matching headliner & visors
- Grant steering wheel
- Fully functional lighting system, gauges, dash lights, exterior lights
- Functional horn
- Aftermarket / upgraded AM/FM CD radio
- All new gauge cluster, restored heating controls, all new interior trim…immaculate!
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Completely rebuilt 350c.i / Turbo Hydramatic transmission
- 60 lbs. oil pressure / all gauges read properly and function
- Edelbrock aluminum valve covers
- Stainless braided coolant lines
- Upgraded red spark plug wires
- MSD ignition
- MSD coil
- Hooker Headers
- Dual exhaust / chrome tips
- New coolant / overflow reservoirs
- Chrome alternator
- Chrome Air cleaner
- New radiator shroud
- No damage inner hood panels / core support
- Diehard battery
- New shocks / rebuilt suspension
HISTORY OF THE GMC PICKUP
Built: Fremont, CA
More than a century ago the pure utilitarian functions of the pickup truck was the key selling point. Such rough-and-ready vehicles usually were found on farms. Eventually, the manufacturers discovered that money was to be made by dressing up otherwise plain pickups, thereby expanding the customer base. The dressy pickups could still accomplish truck tasks but do them in style.
In 1972, GMC ranked 4th in production of U.S. light trucks. Nicknamed ‽Action Line” for their more modern looks, the GMC (and Chevy C10) featured coil spring trailing arm rear suspension, and greatly improved ride and handling.
While the GMC Sierra had been in production since 1967, along with its counterpart, the Chevrolet C/10, several changes occurred in 1971. A new design (the "egg crate") with black paint over portions of the GMC grille was used. Second, an upgraded trim package was introduced on the GMC that was referred to as the Sierra. The package consisted of a variety of improvements including increased comfort features, overall nicer interiors, more padding and insulation, carpet, chrome trim, and upper and lower side molding and tailgate trim. 1971 was the first year for AM/FM radios factory installed. Finally, the front brakes on all light-duty trucks were switched from drum brakes to disc brakes, resulting in much less brake fade under heavy use. Those intrigued with details will note that the door and window cranks were slightly longer due to the molded plastic door panels, and the vent windows were now secured with a single screw on the inside of the door, differentiating it from the 1971 model year.
PURCHASING A COLLECTOR VEHICLE - THINGS TO CONSIDER
As always, we recommend that you carefully review the seller's background for any collector car being sold over the Internet. It is important to ask yourself a number of questions including, but not limited to:
- How long have they been in business?
- How much experience do they have with collector cars?
- How many positive collector car vehicle sales have they completed (positive eBay feedback)?
- How detailed/complete is the description of the vehicle?
- Do the photos show details of the interior, exterior, top, chrome, etc. or are they simply "glamour shots" taken from a distance?
- Does the seller have a Surety Bond to protect the financial transaction?
- What about insurance, licensing by the state, and a local business license?
- Does the seller (if a business) have any DMV (Motor Vehicle) complaints and/or other history of legal action, grievances?
- Does the seller enjoy a favorable local and national/international reputation?
- Can the seller assist with funding sources, transport and out of state/country sales?
ABOUT CLASSIC CARS LTD.
- Classic Cars Ltd. has been in the same, small, California town for over 20 years. We operate a small "brick & mortar", indoor showroom, and specialize in the sale, consignment, and purchase of sports, high performance and specialty vehicles of all types. We have a particular interest in sports cars and unique vehicles.
- The majority of our vehicles come from local, private owners and collectors, and many were sold new in California. We appreciate that rust free cars, with excellent documentation and history are especially attractive to our buyers both locally, and around the country. As a result, we do not purchase our collectible cars from "distressed" sales, such as wholesale auctions, salvage sales, or lien sales. We do not sell vehicles with salvage titles, or those that have a history of significant accident damage or repair.
- We have sold hundreds of unique, classic and collectible vehicles and regularly deal with buyers that have not had the experience of purchasing a large (both physically and monetarily) item on eBay, or through an Internet source. Our eBay feedback is 100% positive on all vehicle sales from customers around the globe and is a reflection of our commitment to accurate, complete, and thorough vehicle descriptions.
- We have been shipping vehicles for years and have established excellent contacts that are not only high quality but very price competitive. We do not use brokers, terminal shipping or other discount methods. Call us or email for a quote directly to your home or office. We are often able to obtain quality enclosed transportation (the kind of travel this car deserves) for the cost of open shipping.
- Please review our feedback on eBay (user name Never22Many) representing over 930 positive transactions to buyers all over the United States / World.
- We are fully insured, bonded, and licensed for collector car sales all over the United States/World.
- Classic Cars Ltd. carries a $50,000 Surety bond to cover financial transactions
- We frequently sell vehicles to out of State / out of country buyers, and will be glad to provide references for buyers in your area.
MISCELLANEOUS GENERAL INFORMATION
- As with virtually all collector/specialty vehicles, we find that parts and resources are readily available for this (and most every vehicle), thanks in large part to the Internet.
- In addition to the purchase price of the vehicle, California buyers will be subject
to sales tax, a documentation fee, DMV transfer fees and license/registration. Out-of-state buyers will be responsible for the purchase price of the vehicle and any local taxes/fees will be the purchaser's responsibility to pay in their respective state. IMPORTANT NOTE: If the vehicle is delivered or driven in California and driven on California roads, we are required to charge sales-tax, license/registration and transfer fees per California law.
- While we encourage telephone calls to discuss this vehicle in greater detail. Also, if you would prefer that we call you to answer any questions about the vehicle; shipping alternatives, etc. please e-mail us with your telephone number and will gladly get back in touch with you.
- We encourage inspections of this GMC by serious, qualified individuals or professional inspectors. Please call at 925-846-1451 to arrange a convenient time.
- We make every effort to accurately represent our vehicles, and highlight both positive items as well as areas that require attention. We ask that prospective buyers consider our eBay history/feedback, standing in the community, length of time in business, and other factors when purchasing a collectible vehicle from Classic Cars Ltd.
- Minor cosmetic issues/flaws may be present on every vehicle (regardless of cost) including small chips, nicks, scratches, etc. that can be seen on even the best restoration, or even a relatively new, used "pre-owned" vehicle. Also, ownership of a collectible / specialty vehicle is more enjoyable if the owner is familiar with the "realities" of these unique cars.
- The information contained in this description is believed to be accurate but, in some instances, has been provided by the car's owner / owners or outside sources. As a result, we are unable to guarantee the accuracy of the information. We encourage verification of "numbers" and significant data prior to the purchase of any collector vehicle that you are considering.
Classic Cars Ltd.
|Body Type / Style:||Truck
|Exterior Color:||Dark Green|
|3-Point Seat Belts|
All Original Steel Body / Bed
Aluminum Valve Cover
Body Off Restoration
California Lic & Reg
Custom Interior / Dash
Exceptional Paint Quality
Exempt from CA Smog
Front Disc Brakes
| ||Functional Horn|
Heater / Defroster
No Previous Damage Body
No Rust CA. Body
Original California Car
Runs / Drives Very Well
Seat Belts (Front)
3,036 Since Frame Off Resto
Restoration In Progress