2003 BMW Z8
Extremely Rare Investment Quality / Collector BMW Z8
413 Original Miles Time Capsule Z8 - Finished in Titanium / Black
Lifelong Maintained in a Temperature Controlled, Humidified ‽Bubble”
Last and Most Desirable Year with 308 USA Cars Produced in 2003 (#AH62144)
Factory Hardtop, All Delivery Documents….Still Smells NEW!
"In truth, the Z8's visual charisma is so powerful that just sitting in this car with the engine off is more fun than driving many cars...Besides, name another car that is both fabulous to drive today and likely to be found on the 18th green at Pebble Beach in 2025." Car and Driver
NOTE: Our listings are rather lengthy. They not only describe this particular car but also some history of the make/model, considerations in buying a classic car and facts about our firm. However, we continually hear from out-of-state / out-of- country buyers (many of our clients) that they prefer the level of detail that we provide. However, if you are not prepared to read the full listing, please scan the DETAILS below along with viewing the PHOTOGRAPHS at the bottom. If you'd prefer, please call us at 925-846-1451 and we'll gladly discuss the Z8 and answer any questions over the telephone, including our "Buy it Now” policy. Yes, the BMW can be purchased prior to the end of the eBay auction.
PLEASE NOTE: EACH TIME WE LIST A VEHICLE ON eBay WE RECEIVE COMMENTS THAT THERE ARE NO PHOTOS OF THE INTERIOR, ENGINE, UNDERCARRIAGE, ETC. OF THE CAR. THERE ARE NUMEROUS PHOTOS OF ALL AREAS OF THIS BMW, BUT WHEN YOU REACH WHAT APPEARS TO BE THE LAST PHOTO, YOU WILL NEED TO SCROLL DOWN ON eBay TO VIEW THE REMAINING PHOTOS. IF YOU ARE STILL UNABLE TO SEE THEM, PLEASE CALL US AT 925-846-1451 AND WE WILL PROVIDE A DIRECT LINK. NOTE: IT IS A VIOLATION OF eBay POLICY FOR US TO LIST THE URL ON THE eBay LISTING. PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE ADDITIONAL PHOTOS OF ANY PART OF THE BMW.
Unlike bidding on cars in an auction environment, you will have the benefit of extensive information and history on the car prior to making a buying decision. Equally as important is the fact that Classic Cars Ltd. has been in business for 25 years and enjoys an excellent national / international relationship with over 930 positive eBay feedback responses.
Please keep in mind that we will gladly...
1. Answer any questions over the telephone and take the time to guide prospective customers through the buying process (925-846-1451).
2. Assist with locating a quality, suitable transporter at very competitive prices.
3. Provide proof that we are licensed, bonded (for the financial transaction), fully insured, and operate from an established showroom environment.
4. Provide feedback from previous buyers, and specific references for vehicle purchases in your area (we also ask that you view our detailed eBay feedback by clicking on the number to the right of the eBay user name)
5. Offer additional information including specific photographs or clarification of any part of our description of the vehicle
Thank you again, please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Paul R. Wankle, Pres.
Classic Cars Ltd.
DETAILS - THIS PARTICULAR 2003 BMW Z8
This will be one of our more straightforward, even brief descriptions of a vehicle that we have the honor of representing on behalf of the BMW Z8' s original owner. This BMW Z8 was purchased by an avid enthusiast / collector who has a significant collection of high performance, sports, and unique vehicles. The BMW has shared the garage(s) with some impressive company including Ferrari's, Porsche's, and another highly modified Z8 along with a host of other high performance examples.
To say the owner of the Z8 was impressed with the car when it was introduced and he agreed with the period road tests / reviews that raved about the car including BMW Power Magazine who exclaimed:
"First impressions of a remarkable new sports car. An experience like no other began with the capture of my vision, drawn along the rise and fall of sculptured fenders as if the aluminum bodywork emanated a curious magnetism. I unconsciously gauged the Z8's overall proportions and in the instant it took for my eyes to sweep the car's entirety, concluded they were in impeccable balance. Beautiful, a term I don't often bestow upon mechanical devices, seemed appropriate for my reaction..."
"The new Z8 roadster is the best example yet of ultra-sophisticated technology wrapped by unashamed emotional appeal. Its graceful lines evoke a time when life wasn't so complicated; when design was expressive of values beyond mere costliness...All of this wouldn't mean beans, of course, unless the Z8 delivered on this promising blend of high-tech and haute couture. And it does - unequivocally, unquestioningly, undisputedly, unassailably, uncompromisingly...Balanced to the eye and to the aesthetic mind, unburdened by extraneous visual elements, the Z8 is both a marvel of technology and a beautiful driving experience."
The Z8' s discriminating owner purchased more than one Z8, one to modify and drive and this example to preserve as a collectible. He, like many experts, felt the car had considerable potential as an investment considering its advanced technology, overall performance, historical importance, and anticipated long term desirability / collectability.
Frankly, this Z8 is undoubtedly one of the finest existing examples in the world. Having traveled 413 miles to keep it in running/driving condition at all times, the car was stored in a temperature controlled, humidified "bubble" (refer to photos) for its entire life, when not in limited use. It has never been exposed to adverse weather, never washed, and stored on a special rubber pads to prevent the OEM tires from developing flat spots. The battery is original as is literally every component on the car. It is, for all intents and purposes, a brand new car that falls into the category of NO surprises. It has never been through an auction, has never had any paint work, body damage, and is cosmetically as delivered by the BMW dealer when new… It has been under the control of the owner for its entire life and treated like the gem that it is.
The car comes complete with all of the factory delivery documents & items, including but not limited to:
- The desirable matching factory hardtop
- Factory Z8 book
- Original stickers in place
- Hardtop stand & cover
- Tonneau cover
- Wind deflector
- Front un-installed license plate bracket
- Battery tender
- Car cover
NOTE: The car has received regular fluid changes by its meticulous owner and has only been driven on his private roads, never on the street. It remains unregistered and unlicensed.
This BMW Z8 has the potential of being shown at Pebble Beach, or Legends of the Autobahn and receiving top awards. It represents a rare opportunity for the new owner to experience what it was like to take delivery of a BMW Z8 when they were brand new.
Serious, qualified buyers are encouraged to contact us by telephone to discuss a private showing of this exceptional BMW and discuss any questions regarding the BMW, its history, Classic Cars Ltd. or other details.
SPECIFICATIONS OF THE 2003 BMW Z8
- Curb weight without hardtop 3494 lbs.
- Curb weight with hardtop 3554 lbs.
- Weight distribution, front/rear, % 50.2/49.8
- Wheelbase: in. 98.6
- Track, front/rear, in.: 61.1/61.7
- Length x width x height: in.: 173.2 x 72.0 x 51.9
Body Type: Aluminum space frame, aluminum body panels
- Cx with raised soft-top: 0.43
- Cx with hardtop installed: 0.39
- EPA size classification 2-Seater
HISTORY OF THE BMW Z8
The first impressions about the BMW Z8 were offered by the Z07 design study showcased at the 1997 Tokyo Auto Show and soon after at the 1998 North American International Auto Show in Detroit. Due to the favorable public reaction, BMW had decided to build the Z8 as a limited series.
Nowadays, the BMW 507 is desired by many collectors and one in good state can worth more than $600,000. A comparable, if not even brighter, future is practically guaranteed for the Z8. This mesmerizing roadster includes all the necessary ingredients to become a classic: exquisite performance, outstanding design and rarity. BMW has built only 1,500 Z8s a year. Around 3,000 were sold in the USA and they will definitely be handled with care. In addition, to make sure that today's Z8s will continue to purr well into the 21st century, BMW has promised to supply parts for this sports car for at least 50 years.
‽Just looking at those beautiful, classic lines, I get the feeling of romantic passion, ‽said Chris Bangle, chief designer at BMW. ‽This body, built in BMW's high-end technology using the most sophisticated aluminum space frame, represents the ultimate standard of fascinating motoring: A classic roadster - and the Z8 is indeed a classic roadster in every respect - simply has to have a long engine bay, body lines swinging down at the sides from door level, a sexy derriere, and big wheels.”
Despite that, the Z8 is also thoroughly contemporary. Its extensive, flowing hood allows an engine position well back in the chassis to make it a so-called ‽front mid-engine” design. Aluminum construction was used extensively throughout, including the space frame, much of the suspension, and all body panels with the exception of bumpers (made of impact-resistant polyurethane) and steel door hinges. Other contemporary details included 18-inch alloy wheels and low profile, run-flat performance tires.
The roadster's advanced lighting technology featured Xenon low-beam headlights with dynamic auto-leveling and, concealed in the leading edges of the headlamp covers, high-intensity washers. The Z8 was the first car ever with neon turn signals and brake lights that illuminate ten times as fast as conventional bulbs, giving other drivers more time to react.
The original 507's body was aluminum. Taking up that tradition in a 21st Century form, all the Z8's body panels, except its bumpers and door hinges were aluminum. Here BMW had taken the use of this lightweight alloy a step further and designed an entire space frame in aluminum. This concept combined moderate weight with body rigidity that was unparalleled by any other open sports car in this category.
The monocoque frame was made of extrusion-pressed beams much like the trusses of a timber house. Nearly 1,000 rivets and 190 ft. of fused welding seam (MIG) hold the frame and body panels together. The frame was made largely in-house at BMW's Dingolfing plant.
Building the Z8 in was as unique a process as was the car itself. Z8 bodies were constructed and painted at BMW's Dingolfing plant, approximately 60 miles northeast of Munich; the front and rear bumpers were manufactured at the nearby Landshut facility. Completed bodies were then shipped to a dedicated area of the company's Munich factory for final assembly. There, a small team of highly skilled craftspeople largely hand-built Z8s in 31 assembly steps. The complete construction and finishing process took about 10 times as long as that for a 3 Series sedan.
PURCHASING A COLLECTOR VEHICLE - THINGS TO CONSIDER
As always, we recommend that you carefully review the seller's background for any collector car being sold over the Internet. It is important to ask yourself a number of questions including, but not limited to:
- How long have they been in business?
- How much experience do they have with collector cars?
- How many positive collector car vehicle sales have they completed (positive eBay feedback)?
- How detailed/complete is the description of the vehicle?
- Do the photos show details of the interior, exterior, top, chrome, etc. or are they simply "glamour shots" taken from a distance?
- Does the seller have a Surety Bond to protect the financial transaction?
- What about insurance, licensing by the state, and a local business license?
- Does the seller (if a business) have any DMV (Motor Vehicle) complaints and/or other history of legal action, grievances?
- Does the seller enjoy a favorable local and national/international reputation?
- Can the seller assist with funding sources, transport and out of state/country sales?
ABOUT CLASSIC CARS LTD.
- Classic Cars Ltd. has been in the same, small, California town for over 25 years. We operate a small "brick & mortar", indoor showroom, and specialize in the sale, consignment, and purchase of sports, high performance and specialty vehicles of all types. We have a particular interest in sports cars and unique vehicles.
- The majority of our vehicles come from local, private owners and collectors, and many were sold new in California. We appreciate that rust free cars, with excellent documentation and history are especially attractive to our buyers both locally, and around the country. As a result, we do not purchase our collectible cars from "distressed" sales, such as wholesale auctions, salvage sales, or lien sales. We do not sell vehicles with salvage titles, or those that have a history of significant accident damage or repair.
- We have sold thousands of unique, classic and collectible vehicles and regularly deal with buyers that have not had the experience of purchasing a large (both physically and monetarily) item on eBay, or through an Internet source. Our eBay feedback is 100% positive on all vehicle sales from customers around the globe and is a reflection of our commitment to accurate, complete, and thorough vehicle descriptions.
- We have been shipping vehicles for years and have established excellent contacts that are not only high quality but very price competitive. We do not use brokers, terminal shipping or other discount methods. Call us or email for a quote directly to your home or office. We are often able to obtain quality enclosed transportation (the kind of travel this car deserves) for the cost of open shipping.
- Please review our feedback on eBay (user name Never22Many) representing over 930 positive transactions to buyers all over the United States / World.
- We are fully insured, bonded, and licensed for collector car sales all over the United States/World.
- Classic Cars Ltd. carries a $50,000 Surety bond to cover financial transactions
- We frequently sell vehicles to out of State / out of country buyers, and will be glad to provide references for buyers in your area.
MISCELLANEOUS GENERAL INFORMATION
- As with virtually all collector/specialty vehicles, we find that parts and resources are readily available for this (and most every vehicle), thanks in large part to the Internet.
- This example is being sold at its out of state location. Buyers outside of California are not subject to tax, license and registration. If the car is purchased by a California buyer, all of the appropriate sales tax, license and registration, and other state fees will apply.
- While we encourage telephone calls to discuss this vehicle in greater detail. Also, if you would prefer that we call you to answer any questions about the vehicle; shipping alternatives, etc. please e-mail us with your telephone number and will gladly get back in touch with you.
- We encourage inspections of this BMW by serious, qualified individuals or professional inspectors. Please call at 925-846-1451 to arrange a convenient time.
- We make every effort to accurately represent our vehicles, and highlight both positive items as well as areas that require attention. We ask that prospective buyers consider our eBay history/feedback, standing in the community, length of time in business, and other factors when purchasing a collectible vehicle from Classic Cars Ltd.
- Minor cosmetic issues/flaws may be present on every vehicle (regardless of cost) including small chips, nicks, scratches, etc. that can be seen on even the best restoration, or even a relatively new, used "pre-owned" vehicle. Also, ownership of a collectible / specialty vehicle is more enjoyable if the owner is familiar with the "realities" of these unique cars.
- The information contained in this description is believed to be accurate but, in some instances, has been provided by the car's owner / owners or outside sources. As a result, we are unable to guarantee the accuracy of the information. We encourage verification of "numbers" and significant data prior to the purchase of any collector vehicle that you are considering.
Classic Cars Ltd.
|Body Type / Style:||Convertible / Hardtop
|Exterior Color:||Titanium Silver|
|Interior Color:||Black Leather|
|Transmission: ||6 Speed Manual
|SEE DESCRIPTION.....|| ||SEE DESCRIPTION.....|