1930 Ford Model A 5-Window Coupe
Henry Ford Steel Model A 5-Window Coupe with Rumble Seat!
Long Time California Classic Street Rod
Beautiful, Reliable and Mechanically Excellent…Ready for Show, Cruising or Touring!
NOTE: Our listings are rather lengthy. They not only describe this particular car but also some history of the make/model, considerations in buying a classic car and facts about our firm. However, we continually hear from out of state / out of country buyers (many of our clients) that they prefer the level of detail that we provide. However, if you are not prepared to read the full listing, please read the DETAILS below along with viewing the PHOTOGRAPHS at the bottom. If you'd prefer, please call us at 925-846-1451 and we'll gladly discuss the Model A and answer any questions over the telephone, including our "Buy it Now” policy. Yes, the Model A can be purchased prior to the end of the eBay auction.
PLEASE NOTE: EACH TIME WE LIST A VEHICLE ON EBAY WE RECIEVE COMMENTS THAT THERE ARE NO PHOTOS OF THE INTERIOR, ENGINE, UNDERCARRIAGE, ETC. OF THE CAR. THERE ARE CLOSE TO 100 PHOTOS OF ALL AREAS OF THIS MODEL A, BUT WHEN YOU REACH WHAT APPEARS TO BE THE LAST PHOTO, YOU WILL NEED TO SCROLL DOWN ON eBay TO VIEW THE REMAINING PHOTOS. IF YOU ARE STILL UNABLE TO SEE THEM, PLEASE CALL US AT 925-846-1451 AND WE WILL PROVIDE A DIRECT LINK. NOTE: IT IS A VIOLATION OF EBAY POLICY FOR US TO LIST THE URL ON THE EBAY LISTING. PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE ADDITIONAL PHOTOS OF ANY PART OF THE MODEL A.
This car is offered at a realistic price and, unlike bidding on cars in an auction environment, you will have the benefit of extensive information and history on the car prior to making a buying decision. Equally as important is the fact that Classic Cars Ltd. is celebrating its 25 anniversary and enjoys an excellent national / international relationship with over 930 positive eBay feedback responses.
Please keep in mind that we will gladly...
1. Answer any questions over the telephone and take the time to guide prospective customers through the buying process (925-846-1451).
2. Assist with locating a quality, suitable transporter at very competitive prices.
3. Provide proof that we are licensed, bonded (for the financial transaction), fully insured, and operate from an established showroom environment.
4. Provide feedback from previous buyers, and specific references for vehicle purchases in your area (we also ask that you view our detailed eBay feedback by clicking on the number to the right of the eBay user name)
5. Offer additional information including specific photographs or clarification of any part of our description of the vehicle
Thank you again, please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Paul R. Wankle, Pres.
Classic Cars Ltd.
SUMMARY - THIS MODEL "A” 5-WINDOW HOT ROD
This 5-Window Coupe epitomizes the classic hot rod and was constructed with excellent components to have the appearance of a California Hot Rod that would have been built in the 1950s. The car retains its Henry Ford steel body that has escaped the all too often "chop” and significant alterations to the body or interior. As was often times done to reduce weight and improve performance, the car is fitted with high quality fiberglass fenders, splash pan, and running boards. The build quality of this 5-Window Coupe is high, and the car falls into the category of "turn-key” requiring no work to be used and enjoyed as a reliable, sorted Street Rod.
The owner reports that the Ford has been in California for at least 50 years and the indication from a previous owner is that the car may have lived its entire life in sunny California.
We have owned and represented a large volume of all types of vehicles during our 25 years in business and this car ha a number of features that many "garage built” street rods do not enjoy. In addition to a high build quality, excellent fit and finish and striking black paint, the cars interior is tastefully done, and timeless. Perhaps most important, virtually everything works down to the factory speedometer, lighting systems, horn, gauges, wipers, and even the interior / dash lights. Seat belts have been added for safety.
The Model A has a functional rear rumble seat that is functional and matches the cars interior, and door panels. Also, in the rumble seat area there is a rear battery box that includes a trickle charger that simply needs to be plugged in should the Model A be stored for prolonged periods of time.
SUMMARY OF SPECIFICATIONS / BUILD
- Chevy 350c.i - Vortec Heads / four bolt main / 9.1 compression
- Manifold Induction: Holly 670 CFM Street Avenger 4 barrel carb. With Chevy dual plane intake manifold
- Hooker competition headers
- Custom exhaust and mufflers
- MSD 6A-high energy ignition control & distributor
- Taylor ignition wires
- Engine installed & built professionally by Stock to Performance, Concord, Ca.
- Complete new front suspension system installed May 2013
- Front disc brakes
- Front suspension: 4” dropped I-beam axle
- Complete TCI suspension
- Pete and Jake hot rod chrome shocks
- Rear suspension 4-Bar set-up with chrome Alden coil over shocks
- Front Chevy disk/ rear Chevy drum
- Front Custom Zenith chrome wire 72 spoke 14” x 6”
-Rear Custom Zenith chrome wire - 72 spoke - 15" x 8" with offset to inside
Custom built by The Wire Wheel King Campbell, Ca.
- General Altimax
- 1965 Chevy Nova axle - 10 bolt Chevy with Posi- traction Ratio 3.08
TRANSMISSION / REAR
- 1972 Chevy TH 350 turbo with floor mounted Lobar shifter
- Rear end: 1965 Chevy Nova axle
- 10 bolt Chevy with Posi- traction Ratio 3.08
- Stock brown leather inside and rumble seat area
- Steering wheel: Model T Ford
- Custom chrome column and billet aluminum bracket
- Seat belts
- Alpine CD, FM & AM with power antenna (mounted behind seat)
- Dashboard - Stock with Stewart Warner horizontal speedometer, float gas gauge
- Other gauges, amp meter, water temp and oil pressure
DRIVING THE FORD 5-WINDOW COUPE
Get ready for a lot of looks and plan on spending extra time talking about this one every time you stop! The 5-Window is just a great looking Hot Rod. Most important, the car starts, immediately, drives straight, stops well and has really excellent power from the rebuilt, strong Chevy V8. The car has been well maintained over the course of many years, and has been owned by mature enthusiasts who have treated it with the respect that it deserves. It is a reliable street rod that the owner uses it regularly, and indicates that he would ‽drive it anywhere.”
HISTORY FORD HOT RODS / STREET RODS
Hot rods are typically old, classic American cars with large engines modified for linear speed. The origin of the term "hot rod" is unclear. A possible origin includes replacement of the camshaft with a new ("hotter") version, sometimes known as a hot stick or hot rod.
The first hot rods were old cars (most often Fords, typically Model T's, 1928 - 31 Model A's, or 1932-34 Model B's), modified to reduce weight. Typical modifications were removal of convertible tops, hoods, bumpers, windshields, and / or fenders; channeling the body; and modifying the engine by tuning and/or replacing with a more powerful type. Wheels and tires were changed for improved traction and handling. "Hot rod" was sometimes a term used in the 1950s as a derogatory term for any car that did not fit into the mainstream. Hot Rodders' modifications were considered to improve the appearance as well, leading to show cars in the 1960's replicating these same modifications along with a distinctive paint job.
Some believe that today's mundane ‽look-a-like” cars have been the reason for a resurgence of hot-rods. While the focus today is more on driving hot rods over racing them, so the term "Street Rod” was coined to denote a vehicle manufactured prior to 1949, often with a more reliable late model drive train. Street Rodding as it was now known was a different phenomenon than hot rodding, as street rodding was mainly family-oriented. National events are hosted by the National Street Rod Association (NSRA), which also stressed safety as the NHRA did 20 years before.
Today, there is a contemporary movement of traditional hot rod builders, car clubs, and artists who have returned to the roots of hot rodding as a lifestyle. This includes a new breed of traditional hot rod builders, artists, and styles, as well as classic style car clubs. Events like Grease Orama feature traditional hot rods and the greaser lifestyle. Magazines like Ol' Skool Rodz, Gears and Gals, and Rat-Rods and Rust Queens cover events and people.
ABOUT CLASSIC CARS LTD.
- Classic Cars Ltd. has been in the same, small, California town for over 24 years. We operate a small "brick & mortar", indoor showroom, and specialize in the sale, consignment, and purchase of sports, high performance and specialty vehicles of all types. We have a particular interest in sports cars and unique vehicles.
- The majority of our vehicles come from local, private owners and collectors, and many were sold new in California. We appreciate that rust free cars, with excellent documentation and history are especially attractive to our buyers both locally, and around the country. As a result, we do not purchase our collectible cars from "distressed" sales, such as wholesale auctions, salvage sales, or lien sales. We do not sell vehicles with salvage titles, or those that have a history of significant accident damage or repair.
- We have sold hundreds of unique, classic and collectible vehicles and regularly deal with buyers that have not had the experience of purchasing a large (both physically and monetarily) item on eBay, or through an Internet source. Our eBay feedback is 100% positive on all vehicle sales from customers around the globe and is a reflection of our commitment to accurate, complete, and thorough vehicle descriptions.
- We have been shipping vehicles for years and have established excellent contacts that are not only high quality but very price competitive. We do not use brokers, terminal shipping or other discount methods. Call us or email for a quote directly to your home or office. We are often able to obtain quality enclosed transportation (the kind of travel this car deserves) for the cost of open shipping.
- Please review our feedback on eBay (user name Never22Many) representing over 930 positive transactions to buyers all over the United States / World.
- We are fully insured, bonded, and licensed for collector car sales all over the United States/World.
- Classic Cars Ltd. carries a $50,000 Surety bond to cover financial transactions
- We frequently sell vehicles to out of State / out of country buyers, and will be glad to provide references for buyers in your area.
MISCELLANEOUS GENERAL INFORMATION
- As with virtually all collector/specialty vehicles, we find that parts and resources are readily available for this (and most every vehicle), thanks in large part to the Internet.
- In addition to the purchase price of the vehicle, California buyers will be subject to sales tax, a documentation fee, DMV transfer fees and license/registration. Out-of-state buyers will be responsible for the purchase price of the vehicle and any local taxes/fees will be the purchaser's responsibility to pay in their respective state. IMPORTANT NOTE: If the vehicle is delivered or driven in California and driven on California roads, sales-tax, license/registration and transfer fees will be assessed per California law.
- While we encourage telephone calls to discuss this vehicle in greater detail. If you would prefer that we call you to answer any questions about the vehicle; shipping alternatives, etc. please e-mail us with your telephone number and will gladly get back in touch with you.
- We encourage inspections of this Model A by serious, qualified individuals or professional inspectors. Please call at 925-846-1451 to arrange a convenient time.
- As with any collectible vehicle of this vintage we are unable to provide a warranty or guarantee of condition. However, we make every effort to accurately represent our vehicles, and highlight both positive items as well as areas that require attention. We ask that prospective buyers consider our eBay history/feedback, standing in the community, length of time in business, and other factors when purchasing a collectible vehicle from Classic Cars Ltd.
- Minor cosmetic issues/flaws may be present on every vehicle (regardless of cost) including small chips, nicks, scratches, etc. that can be seen on even the best restoration, or even a relatively new, used "pre-owned" vehicle. Also, ownership of a collectible / specialty vehicle is more enjoyable if the owner is familiar with the "realities" of these unique cars. Unlike more modern day vehicles, these cars require regular, ongoing care/maintenance and some mechanical knowledge, patience, and understanding can make the experience considerably more pleasant. That said, collector / "specialty" car owners will tell you (emphatically) that they love their cars and wouldn't trade them for anything!!
- The information contained in this description is believed to be accurate but, in some instances, has been provided by the car's owner / owners or outside sources. As a result, we are unable to guarantee the accuracy of the information. We encourage verification of "numbers" and significant data prior to the purchase of any collector vehicle that you are considering.
Classic Cars Ltd.
|Body Type / Style:||Coupe
California Lic & Reg
Chrome Wire Wheels
Clean California Body
Dual Side Mirrors
Exempt from CA Smog
Front Disc Brakes
Instrument Panel Dash Pad
Original Sheet Metal
Runs / Drives Very Well
Seat Belts (Front)
Wooden Steering Wheel