1969 Chevrolet El Camino
An Example of California Automotive History
Rust Free California "Born & Raised” - One Owner for Over 48~ Years!
Stock with Factory A/C, 350c.i. TH 350, V8, P/S, P/B, / Original Radio
Perfect as a High Performance "Sleeper” ("LS" Engine Perhaps?),
Unique Advertising Vehicle, or Use As-Is!
PLEASE NOTE: EACH TIME WE LIST A VEHICLE ON eBay WE RECEIVE COMMENTS THAT THERE ARE NO PHOTOS OF THE INTERIOR, ENGINE, UNDERCARRIAGE, ETC. OF THE CAR. THERE ARE PHOTOS OF ALL AREAS OF THE EL CAMINO BUT, WHEN YOU REACH WHAT APPEARS TO BE THE LAST PHOTO, YOU WILL NEED TO SCROLL DOWN ON eBay TO VIEW THE REMAINING PHOTOS. IF YOU ARE STILL UNABLE TO SEE THEM, PLEASE CALL US AT 925-846-1451 AND WE WILL PROVIDE A DIRECT LINK. NOTE: IT IS A VIOLATION OF eBay POLICY FOR US TO LIST THE URL ON THE eBay LISTING
CLASSIC CARS LTD.
(925) 846 1451
INTRODUCTION TO CLASSIC CARS LTD. eBay AUCTIONS
Thank you for visiting our eBay auction. We appreciate your interest in the El Camino and feel that it is important that we provide some basic information relative to our business philosophy and utilization of eBay to offer our collectible & classic vehicles to a worldwide audience.
For 25 years, Classic Cars Ltd. has operated a "brick & mortar" showroom located in Pleasanton, CA. just outside of San Francisco California. We have sold hundreds of unique, classic and collectible vehicles and regularly deal with buyers who have not had the experience of purchasing a large (both physically and monetarily!) item on eBay, or through an Internet source. Our lifetime eBay feedback is 100% positive on all vehicle sales from customers around the globe and is a reflection of our commitment to accurate, complete, and thorough vehicle descriptions.
While we have had comments about the length of our narrative on each vehicle, most serious buyers appreciate the detailed photographs and descriptions and believe that "more is better." However, if you are looking for a brief summary of the vehicle, please view the photographs and scroll to the very bottom of the listing where you will find a summary of the car for sale including; Make, model, mileage, specifications, etc.
Please keep in mind that we will gladly...
1. Answer any questions over the telephone and take the time to guide prospective customers through the buying process (925-846-1451).
2. Assist with locating a quality, suitable transporter at very competitive prices.
3. Provide proof that we are licensed, bonded (for the financial transaction), fully insured, and operate from an established showroom environment.
4. Provide feedback from previous buyers, and specific references for vehicle purchases in your area (we also ask that you view our detailed eBay feedback by clicking on the number to the right of the eBay user name)
5. Offer additional information including specific photographs or clarification of any part of our description of the vehicle
Thank you again, please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Paul R. Wankle, Pres.
Classic Cars Ltd.
HISTORY - THIS PARTICULAR 1969 EL CAMINO
This desirable '69 El Camino not only epitomizes a California ‽Survivor”, but has a fascinating history. In 1969, the El Camino was purchased brand new by Mr. S., the owner of Bee Line Service Inc., a repair facility in the Sacramento area (Woodland, CA) since 1952. It became their new "parts runner” and would remain with the company until they went out of business in 2016.
Over the course of many years, the El Camino was very well maintained by Bee Line who specialized in general auto repairs including brakes, tires, wheel alignments, tune-ups, etc. The vehicle rarely left Woodland, CA with the exceptional of an occasional part run to nearby Sacramento. The vehicle retains its distinctive lettering, and is in excellent running driving condition with nice exterior cosmetics. It has been stored all of its life inside when not in uses and shows very well as an original California 1969 El Camino.
Highlights of the El Camino include the following:
- Very solid, rust free California car
- 350 c.i. V8 engine
- Factory TH 350 transmission
- Factory Air Conditioning, P/S, P/B, AM Radio
- Stock wheels
- Original hubcaps
- Factory jack & spare tire
We feel that it is important to decode the significant production numbers, particularly on unique vehicles like this 1969 Chevrolet El Camino. Please let us know if we can clarify any of the decoding or provide additional information.
(VIN # 136809Z317838
1 36 80 9 Z 317838
1 = Chevrolet
36 = Custom ElCamino
80 = 2 Dr. Sedan Pick-Up
9 = 1969 (last digit of the year)
Z = Assembly Plant Code (Fremont, CA)
317838 = Sequence / Build Number
CONDITION SUMMARY - 1969 EL CAMINO
The El Camino represents a clean example of a California car that was owned by the original owner of Bee Line services and his son who later took over the business. The car remained in their possession in Woodland, California until the business was closed several years ago and was given to a close friend after the passing of the owner of the business. The El Camino remains in original, unmodified condition with one notable exception. Several years ago, for the benefit of reduced operating costs and increased mileage, the El Camino was converted to propane. It has operated on propane for several years and performs identically to a gas powered 350c.i. Propane is readily available in all areas of the country and can be purchased at many gas stations, equipment supply locations for less than the cost of gasoline. We are told that the conversion back to gasoline is straightforward, but, frankly, we see no disadvantages to using it in its current configuration.
Mechanically, the pick-up is strong and drives really well. The El Camino starts immediately under all conditions, has excellent power, shifts smoothly and properly and there are no sign of major leaks from the engine or drive-line. The El Camino retains stock driveline including the engine, transmission, rear end, and other major mechanical components. The El Camino is fitted with power steering and brakes and factory air-conditioning that appears to have all of the proper components but has not been used and may need to be charged, and/or serviced to become operational.
We were told by the previous owner that the car was used locally and that he was confident that the mileage of 145,xxx is, in fact, original. The car received ongoing maintenance while in the possession of Bee Line Services to ensure that it was reliable and could be used on regular basis. It spent its entire life in dry, inland California and the lack of rust on the body supports the El Camino's lack of exposure to the elements and inclement weather.
The El Camino passed the California has functional lighting, turn signals, brake lights, etc. and as a 1969 is exempt form California smog (and smog inspections in most U.S. cities).
Cosmetically, the car remains in very god condition having had the benefit of one respray and replacement of the original graphics that have been on the El Camino since 1969. The paint is in good condition with minimal flaws/imperfections from regular use, but as the photos reflect, it shows very well indeed. The paint remains high gloss, the lettering is intact, and the trim is free from the rust or ‽patina” found on cars in inclement weather regions like the Midwest / East Coast.
The interior (seat) was redone in a durable vinyl material that is free from damage. The carpet is in good condition and the car retains its original dash, gauges (cloudy), AM radio, and other interior panels. The headliner is good but the door panels, especially the driver's side; show considerable wear as does the arm rest. The interior would benefit from freshening and a thorough cleaning but is complete with the exception of the vent window crank on the passenger side.
Perhaps most important, the body panel fit is good and there are no signs of rust on the body, or bed of the El Camino. There are no indications of accident damage and the glass is in excellent condition. Windows roll up freely, and the door locks are functional.
The engine compartment retains its original configuration with the exception of the components needed to convert to propane including a different fuel delivery system and air cleaner. The engine bay is original and with minimal clean-up could be brought to a higher level. Again, the El Camino runs great and, personally, we would resist temptation to convert to gas if for no other reason than to maintain the unique history of this 1969 El Camino.
HISTORY - 1969 EL CAMINO
We must admit that, personally, we think the 1969 El Camino is one of the cars that epitomizes the muscle car era of the 1960's & 1969's. The El Camino was a comfortable car that provided great performance and very good handling.
The Chevrolet El Camino was a mid-sized automobile (in its day) produced by the Chevrolet division of General Motors in three generations for the 1964 through 1977 model years. Part of the GM A-Body platform, the El Camino was one of Chevrolet's most successful nameplates. Body styles include coupes, sedans, convertibles and station wagons. Super Sport versions were produced through the 1973 model year. Many believe the 1969 El Camino represents one of the most collectible and desirable El Caminos of the mid 1960's / early 1969's.
In 1969, sheet metal revisions gave the bodies a more squared-up stance and interiors were redesigned, too. The 1969 El Camino came in sport coupe, sport sedan, convertible, four-door sedan, a couple of wagons, and coupe utility (the El Camino) body styles. Models include the Malibu sport coupe, Malibu convertible and El Camino pickup.
In the 1960's / 1969's many cars were special ordered and the factory available options included a wide range of comfort and convenience items.
LICENSE / REGISTRATION / INSPECTION
- Currently licensed & registered in California (Clear title) until 1/18 for CA buyers
- Passed recent California safety inspection (proper lights, turn signals, etc.)
- No smog required in California (vehicles 1975 and older are exempt)
MISCELLANEOUS GENERAL INFORMATION
- Please let us know if we can provide additional detailed photos of any part of the El Camino.
- We have been shipping vehicles for years and have established excellent contacts that are not only high quality but very price competitive. We do not use brokers, terminal shipping or other discount methods. Call us or email for a quote directly to your home or office. We are often able to obtain quality enclosed transportation (the kind of travel this car deserves) for the cost of open shipping.
- As with virtually all collector/specialty vehicles, we find that parts and resources are readily available for this (and most every vehicle), thanks in large part to the Internet!
- In addition to the purchase price of the vehicle, California buyers will be subject to sales tax, documentation fee, DMV transfer fees and license/registration. Out-of-state buyers will be responsible for the purchase price of the vehicle and any local taxes/fees will be the purchaser's responsibility to pay in their respective state. IMPORTANT NOTE: If the vehicle is delivered or driven in California and driven on California roads, sales-tax, license registration and transfer fees will be assessed per California law.
- We encourage telephone calls to discuss this vehicle in greater detail and will be glad to call you to answer any questions about the vehicle; shipping alternatives, etc. please e-mail us with your telephone number and will gladly get back in touch with you.
- As with any collectible vehicle of this vintage we are unable to provide a warranty or guarantee of condition. However, we make every effort to accurately represent our vehicles, and highlight both positive items as well as areas that require attention. We ask that prospective buyers consider our eBay history/feedback, standing in the community, length of time in business, and other factors when purchasing a collectible vehicle from Classic Cars Ltd.
- Please keep in mind that minor cosmetic issues/flaws may be present on every vehicle (regardless of cost) including small chips, nicks, scratches, etc. that can be seen on even the best restoration, or even a relatively new, used "pre-owned" vehicle. Also, ownership of a collectible / specialty vehicle is more enjoyable if the owner is familiar with the "realities" of these unique cars. Unlike more modern day vehicles, these cars require regular, ongoing care/maintenance and some mechanical knowledge, patience, and understanding can make the experience considerably more pleasant. That said, collector / specialty car owners will tell you (emphatically) that they love their cars and wouldn't trade them for anything!!
- The information contained in this description is believed to be accurate but, in some instances, has been provided by the car's owner / owners or outside sources. As a result, we are unable to guarantee the accuracy of the information. We encourage verification of "numbers" and significant data prior to the purchase of any collector vehicle that you are considering.
PURCHASING A COLLECTOR VEHICLE - THINGS TO CONSIDER
As always, we recommend that you carefully review the seller's background of any collector car being sold over the Internet. We believe that it is important to ask yourself a number of questions including, but not limited to:
- How long have they been in business?
- How much experience do they have with collector cars?
- How many positive collector car vehicle sales have completed (positive eBay feedback)?
- How detailed/complete is the description of the vehicle?
- Do the photos show details of the interior, exterior, top, chrome, etc. or are they simply "Glamour Shots" taken from a distance?
- Does the seller have a Surety Bond to protect the financial transaction?
- What about insurance, licensing by the state, and a local business license?
- Does the seller (if a business) have any DMV (Motor Vehicle) complaints and/or other history of legal action, grievances?
- Does the seller enjoy a favorable local and national/international reputation?
- Can the seller assist with funding sources, transport and out of state/country sales?
ABOUT CLASSIC CARS LTD.
- Classic Cars Ltd. has been in the same, small, California town for 25 years. We operate a small "brick & mortar", indoor showroom, and specialize in the sale, consignment, and purchase of sports, high performance and specialty vehicles of all types. We have a particular interest in sports cars and unique vehicles.
- The majority of our vehicles come from local, private owners and collectors, and many were sold new in California. We appreciate that rust free cars, with excellent documentation and history are especially attractive to our buyers both locally, and around the country. As a result, we do not purchase our collectible cars from "distressed" sales, such as wholesale auctions, salvage sales, or lien sales. We do not sell vehicles with salvage titles, or those that have a history of significant accident damage or repair.
- Please review our feedback on eBay (user name Never22Many) representing over 920~ positive transactions to buyers all over the United States / World.
- We are fully insured, bonded, and licensed for collector car sales all over the United States/World.
- Classic Cars Ltd. carries a $50,000 Surety bond to cover financial transactions
- We frequently sell vehicles to out of State / out of country buyers, and will be glad to provide references for buyers in your area.
Classic Cars Ltd.
|Body Type / Style:||Coupe
|Exterior Color:||Blue & White|
|Clean California Body|
Exempt From Smog in California
Factory AM Radio
Factory Air Conditioning
Factory Seat Belts
Front Disc Brakes
Front Rubber Mats
Heater / Defroster
| ||Heater / Defroster|
No Rust CA. Body
Original California Car
Original Jack & Tools
Runs / Drives Very Well
Titled in California
Spare Tire / Wheel Included
Large Bee Line Jacket Included!