2017 Chevrolet 150 Handyman Wagon
The Finest Handyman in the Country?
Exceptional "Nut & Bolt” Rotisserie Restoration of a California "150”
100% Professionally Built with a Cost No Object Philosophy
A Beautiful Blend of Modern Technology and a Vintage Classic!
Too Many Upgrades to List…Refer to Listing for Details
PLEASE NOTE: EACH TIME WE LIST A VEHICLE ON eBay WE RECEIVE COMMENTS THAT THERE ARE NO PHOTOS OF THE INTERIOR, ENGINE, UNDERCARRIAGE, ETC. OF THE CAR. THERE ARE CLOSE TO 100 PHOTOS OF ALL AREAS OF THE CHEVY BUT, WHEN YOU REACH WHAT APPEARS TO BE THE LAST PHOTO, YOU WILL NEED TO SCROLL DOWN ON eBay TO VIEW THE REMAINING PHOTOS. IF YOU ARE STILL UNABLE TO SEE THEM, PLEASE CALL US AT 925-846-1451 AND WE WILL PROVIDE A DIRECT LINK. NOTE: IT IS A VIOLATION OF eBay POLICY FOR US TO LIST THE URL ON THE eBay LISTING
CLASSIC CARS LTD.
(925) 846 1451
INTRODUCTION TO CLASSIC CARS LTD. eBay AUCTIONS
Thank you for visiting our eBay auction. We appreciate your interest in the Chevrolet and feel that it is important that we provide some basic information relative to our business philosophy and utilization of eBay to offer our collectible & classic vehicles to a worldwide audience.
For 25 years, Classic Cars Ltd. has operated a "brick & mortar" showroom located in Pleasanton, CA. just outside of San Francisco California. We have sold hundreds of unique, classic and collectible vehicles and regularly deal with buyers who have not had the experience of purchasing a large (both physically and monetarily!) item on eBay, or through an Internet source. Our lifetime eBay feedback is 100% positive on all vehicle sales from customers around the globe, and is a reflection of our commitment to accurate, complete, and thorough vehicle descriptions.
While we have had comments about the length of our narrative on each vehicle, most serious buyers appreciate the detailed photographs and descriptions and believe that "more is better." However, if you are looking for a brief summary of the vehicle, please view the photographs and scroll to the very bottom of the listing where you will find a summary of the car for sale including; Make, model, mileage, specifications, etc.
Please keep in mind that we will gladly...
1. Answer any questions over the telephone and take the time to guide prospective customers through the buying process (925-846-1451).
2. Assist with locating a quality, suitable transporter at very competitive prices.
3. Provide proof that we are licensed, bonded (for the financial transaction), fully insured, and operate from an established showroom environment.
4. Provide feedback from previous buyers, and specific references for vehicle purchases in your area (we also ask that you view our detailed eBay feedback by clicking on the number to the right of the eBay user name)
5. Offer additional information including specific photographs or clarification of any part of our description of the vehicle
Thank you again, please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Paul R. Wankle, Pres.
Classic Cars Ltd.
HISTORY - THIS PARTICULAR 1955 CHEVROLET HANDYMAN 150
We are proud to be celebrating our 25th year as Classic Cars Ltd.'s premier boutique classic car facility. We have been very fortunate to represent a wide range of collectible cars ranging from sports & high performance to street rods, classics, and unique vehicles. Occasionally, we come across a truly exceptional example that represents the "best of the best" in class. Frankly, this 1955 Chevrolet 150 is one such vehicle.
The Chevy was not only constructed at considerable expense, but was a sympathetic, extremely high level restoration that was completed by the owner during his 9~ year ownership. Perhaps, most notable is the fact that the owner/builder is a professional street rod/custom builder who is recognized as a premier hot rod builder in Northern California and built this special car as his personal use vehicle. It has been used very sparingly, only on dry California days, for the occasional Goodguys or other show(s), and maintained in "As Built" condition in virtually every respect.
When introduced, the Chevy Handy Man 150 was intended by Chevrolet to be a budget, entry level wagon to be used by families, or even as a commercial, or work vehicle. Needless to say, this is no longer your "Father's Handy Man" but has been transformed into an example that retains the stock body and charm of the '55 Chevy Wagon but that can be driven all day at highway speeds, offering excellent performance, a high level of comfort, and exceptional reliability. For those who seek the classic appearance of a mid-1950's Chevy without the negatives of dated technology, this '55 truly represents the best of both worlds.
While the extensive list of upgrade and high quality components provide an indication of the exceptional quality of this '55, we ask that you review the 100 photos carefully. This is a prime example of the old adage "A photo is worth 100 words" with the photographs showing attention to the smallest detail and a goal of building not only an incredibly good looking, unique Tri-Five Chevy, but one that rides, performs, and offers "creature comforts" that equal those found in modern automobiles. Finally, the high build quality can be seen in the excellent body panel fit / gaps, custom built chassis, modern drive-line, extensive interior chrome window surrounds and other trim, highly detailed engine and rear cargo compartment, and too many other areas to list. This Chevy Handyman epitomizes a turn-key, no excuses, reliable, custom built Chevy Handyman that can not only be enjoyed but taken to shows with an excellent possibility of receiving show or "People's Choice" recognition.
SUMMARY OF BUILD
Details of the build include, but are certainly not limited to the information found below. The Chevy's new owner will receive a comprehensive file that documents the work performed over the years that clearly exceeds six-figures. The asking price represents a fraction of the investment in the build, and nowhere near what it would cost to undertake a project and duplicate a Chevy of this quallity (not to mention the time commitment!).
- 1955 Chevrolet 150 2 Door Original California Wagon with stock body (no flares or external modifications)
- Comprehensive Rotisserie, ‽nut & bolt” restoration on an original California car (Previous registration documents ‽Sold in 1955”, supporting California history back to 1955
- All work done with metal including new steel floor, new rocker panels- "professional modifications to the spare tire well to accommodate the Corvette rear and custom gas tank
- Custom, professionally built chassis with significant strengthening & highly detailed (refer to undercarriage photos)
- Entire underside undercoated, painted black, and highly detailed
- Fully insulated including Dynamat over POR 15, Firewall insulation over Dynamat
- C4 Corvette front & rear suspension, coil over shock conversion - Ride Tech coil overs
- C6 Corvette Power brakes, power rack & pinion steering, steel braided lines
- 17" American Racing wheels with 235 / 50/ 17” matching tires
- Crate 350 high output (330hp) engine with turn-key kit
- 2 1/2” exhaust routed through frame
- 700R transmission
- Custom stainless steel 19 gallon gas tank
- Highest quality two-stage base coat / clear coat in custom blue with ivory white top portions
- Exterior trim polished, re-chromed, or new
- Polished stainless steel grill
- All new weather stripping, felts, fasteners - evrything replated, new or NOS
- Vintage Air & Heat with in dash controls
- Bow tie radio speakers in doors to match interior
- American Auto Wire
- Flaming River tilt
- Dakota digital gauges including clock - all fully functional with proper readings (refer to photos with vehicle running)
- Glide seat with custom interior & matching seat belts (front & rear)
- ½” carpet with underlayment over Dynamat to provide incredibly quiet ride
- All interior garnish trim moldings chromed including front and rear window surrounds
- All seat & cargo trim chromed
- Power windows (operated by original crank handles…very cool!)
- Power locks
- Tinted glass
- Remote alarm
-Highly detailed engine compartment and underside
We feel that it is important to decode the significant production numbers, particularly on unique vehicles like this 1955 Chevrolet. Please let us know if we can clarify any of the decoding or provide additional information.
VIN #: A55L027369
A = 1955-1957 Series 1500 (Model 150) - Note: 6 Cylinder begins with ‽A”
55 = Year of Vehicle (1955)
L = Assembly Plant: Los Angeles
027369: Sequence / Production Number
Style Number: 55-1263F 55 = 1955, 1263F (Assigned by the Fisher Body Plant)
Body Number: S (body produced in St. Louis) 746 = Assigned by the Fisher Plant - Non duplicating number
Trim: No 524 (Original interior color - light green with dark green texture)
Paint No: 599-LA (Chevrolet Neptune Green Metallic)
Top: None ACC: None
HISTORY - 1955 150 HANDYMAN WAGON
The One-Fifty was mainly conceived as a fleet model and little effort was spent marketing it to the average car buyer of the day, although sales weren't limited to fleets. It was most popular with police, state governments, small businesses, economy-minded consumers, and hot rodders. Chevrolet sold substantially fewer One-Fifties than Two-Tens or the Chevrolet Bel Air in every year of its life.
True to Chevrolet's vision, the 150 was no-frills basic transportation. It had limited options, stark trim, solid colors, plain heavy duty upholstery and rubberized flooring. Small things like ashtrays, cigarette lighters and even mirrors were extra cost options. Compared to the mid-level Two-Ten or premium Bel Air models, the One-Fifty was stark and bland.
Body style choices were also limited to sedans, Handyman wagons (four-door in 1953 - 1954, two-door in 1955 - 1957) and (until 1955) the club coupe. The only body styles specific to the One-Fifty were decidedly fleet oriented - the sedan delivery (a 2-door wagon without rear windows and the rear seat removed) and the business sedan - a 2-door sedan with immobile rear windows and back seat removed. Power-train choices were limited to manual transmissions and low output engines until 1954.
LICENSE / REGISTRATION / INSPECTION
- Currently licensed & registered in California (Clear title) until June 22, 2018 for CA buyers
- No requirement for smog in California and virtually every other state due to age of vehicle
- Includes comprehensive repair history, and receipts
MISCELLANEOUS GENERAL INFORMATION
- Please let us know if we can provide additional detailed photos of any part of the Chevy 150 Handyman
- We have been shipping vehicles for years and have established excellent contacts that are not only high quality but very price competitive. We do not use brokers, terminal shipping or other discount methods. Call us or email for a quote directly to your home or office. We are often able to obtain quality enclosed transportation (the kind of travel this car deserves) for the cost of open shipping.
- As with virtually all collector/specialty vehicles, we find that parts and resources are readily available for this (and most every vehicle), thanks in large part to the Internet!
- In addition to the purchase price of the vehicle, California buyers will be subject to sales tax, documentation fee, DMV transfer fees and license/registration. Out-of-state buyers will be responsible for the purchase price of the vehicle and any local taxes/fees will be the purchaser's responsibility to pay in their respective state. IMPORTANT NOTE: If the vehicle is delivered or driven in California and driven on California roads, sales-tax, license registration and transfer fees will be assessed per California law.
- We encourage telephone calls to discuss this vehicle in greater detail and will be glad to call you to answer any questions about the vehicle; shipping alternatives, etc. please e-mail us with your telephone number and will gladly get back in touch with you.
- As with any collectible vehicle of this vintage we are unable to provide a warranty or guarantee of condition. However, we make every effort to accurately represent our vehicles, and highlight both positive items as well as areas that require attention. We ask that prospective buyers consider our eBay history/feedback, standing in the community, length of time in business, and other factors when purchasing a collectible vehicle from Classic Cars Ltd.
- Please keep in mind that minor cosmetic issues/flaws may be present on every vehicle (regardless of cost) including small chips, nicks, scratches, etc. that can be seen on even the best restoration, or even a relatively new, used "pre-owned" vehicle. Also, ownership of a collectible / specialty vehicle is more enjoyable if the owner is familiar with the "realities" of these unique cars. Unlike more modern day vehicles, these cars require regular, ongoing care/maintenance and some mechanical knowledge, patience, and understanding can make the experience considerably more pleasant. That said, collector / specialty car owners will tell you (emphatically) that they love their cars and wouldn't trade them for anything!!
- The information contained in this description is believed to be accurate but, in some instances, has been provided by the car's owner / owners or outside sources. As a result, we are unable to guarantee the accuracy of the information. We encourage verification of "numbers" and significant data prior to the purchase of any collector vehicle that you are considering.
PURCHASING A COLLECTOR VEHICLE - THINGS TO CONSIDER
As always, we recommend that you carefully review the seller's background of any collector car being sold over the Internet. We believe that it is important to ask yourself a number of questions including, but not limited to:
- How long have they been in business?
- How much experience do they have with collector cars?
- How many positive collector car vehicle sales have completed (positive eBay feedback)?
- How detailed/complete is the description of the vehicle?
- Do the photos show details of the interior, exterior, top, chrome, etc. or are they simply "Glamour Shots" taken from a distance?
- Does the seller have a Surety Bond to protect the financial transaction?
- What about insurance, licensing by the state, and a local business license?
- Does the seller (if a business) have any DMV (Motor Vehicle) complaints and/or other history of legal action, grievances?
- Does the seller enjoy a favorable local and national/international reputation?
- Can the seller assist with funding sources, transport and out of state/country sales?
ABOUT CLASSIC CARS LTD.
- Classic Cars Ltd. has been in the same, small, California town for 25 years. We operate a small "brick & mortar", indoor showroom, and specialize in the sale, consignment, and purchase of sports, high performance and specialty vehicles of all types. We have a particular interest in sports cars and unique vehicles.
- The majority of our vehicles come from local, private owners and collectors, and many were sold new in California. We appreciate that rust free cars, with excellent documentation and history are especially attractive to our buyers both locally, and around the country. As a result, we do not purchase our collectible cars from "distressed" sales, such as wholesale auctions, salvage sales, or lien sales. We do not sell vehicles with salvage titles, or those that have a history of significant accident damage or repair.
- Please review our feedback on eBay (user name Never22Many) representing over 930~ positive transactions to buyers all over the United States / World.
- We are fully insured, bonded, and licensed for collector car sales all over the United States/World.
- Classic Cars Ltd. carries a $50,000 Surety bond to cover financial transactions
- We frequently sell vehicles to out of State / out of country buyers, and will be glad to provide references for buyers in your area.
Classic Cars Ltd.
|Body Type / Style:||Coupe
|Exterior Color:||Blue & White|
|Interior Color:||Blue & White|
|Transmission: ||Automatic & Overdrive
Aluminum Valve Covers
American Racing Mags
California Lic & Reg
Custom Headers & Exhaust
Custom Interior / Dash
Dual Side Mirrors
Exceptional Paint Quality
Exempt From Smog in California
Freshly Professionally Painted
Front Rubber Mats
Heater / Defroster
In Dash "Bow Tie" Radio
| ||New Carpet|
New Stainless Exhaust
New Wiring Harness
No Rust CA. Body
Powder Coated Components
Rear Bench Seat
Runs / Drives Very Well
Seat Belts (Frt. & Rear)
Titled in California
Tremendous Attention to Detail