2002 Ducati MH900e
DUCATI MH900e- Modern Day Mike Hailwood Replica
87 MILES SINCE NEW!!
#847 of 2,000 Produced (Only ~500 Distributed to the USA)
Fitted with Rare Rear Camera & Screen - Licensed & Titled in California
NOTE: Our listings not only describe this particular bike, but also some history of the make/model, considerations in buying a classic car and facts about our firm. However, we continually hear from out of state / out of country buyers (many of our clients) that they prefer the level of detail that we provide. However, if you are not prepared to read the full listing, please read the OVERVIEW below along with viewing the PHOTOGRAPHS at the bottom. If you'd prefer, please call us at 925-846-1451 and we'll gladly discuss the Ducati and answer any questions over the telephone, including our ‽Buy it Now” policy. And, yes, the MH900e can be purchased prior to the end of the eBay auction.
This bike is offered at a realistic price and, unlike bidding on cars or bikes at an auction environment, you will have the benefit of extensive information and history on the car prior to making a buying decision. Equally as important is the fact that Classic Cars Ltd. has been in business for 25 years and enjoys an excellent national / international relationship with over 930 positive eBay feedback responses.
Please keep in mind that we will gladly...
1. Answer any questions over the telephone and take the time to guide prospective customers through the buying process (925-846-1451).
2. Assist with locating a quality, suitable transporter at very competitive prices.
3. Provide proof that we are licensed, bonded (for the financial transaction), fully insured, and operate from an established showroom environment.
4. Provide feedback from previous buyers, and specific references for vehicle purchases in your area (we also ask that you view our detailed eBay feedback by clicking on the number to the right of the eBay user name)
5. Offer additional information including specific photographs or clarification of any part of our description of the bike
Thank you again, please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Paul R. Wankle, Pres.
Classic Cars Ltd.
THIS PARTIUCLAR MH900e
Frankly, there is not too much to say about a 2002 MH900e that has accumulated 87 miles since it was delivered in 2002. We will take this opportunity to clarify a few important points, and provide a history of the bike that many believe has considerable future investment potential. Specifically:
- From a cosmetic and mechanical perspective, the bike remains in ‽As Delivered” condition…no surprises, no excuses.
- Within a few months the bike was fully inspected and serviced by the local Ducati dealer
- The MH900e is licensed and caries a clear California title
- #847 of a total production of 2,000 (500 distributed to the USA)
- No surprises, accidents, replaced components, aftermarket parts (other than the rare, desirable, rear camera and screen
- No modifications
- Includes two (2) stands
- Owner's manual included
THE DUCATI MH900e - HISTORY
The MH900e is a rare beast, a concept bike that made it to production. When Ducati's controversial chief designer Pierre Terblanche came up with a show bike homage to Mike "The Bike" Hailwood's 1978 Isle of Man TT-winning Ducati, he knew it would be a lightning rod in terms of reaction. "The people it's aimed at understand it, and I don't care about the ones who don't," he told the press.
The bike was a combination of old and new. Retro-looking half-fairing and 900cc air-cooled motor (with faux finned oil sump to recall the SS models of the 1970s), but equipped with monster brakes, zoomy tail-section, upside-down forks, single-sided swing-arm and wide, sticky tires.
Well, enough people understood it that the MH900e (for Mike Hailwood "evoluzione") was put into limited production. Sales were undertaken in a unique way: To make sure everyone who wanted one had a fair shot at buying it, the Hailwood replica was sold on the Internet, straight from the factory, no waiting lists, and no dealer markups. Offered at the stroke of midnight on January 1, 2000, the first 1000 sold out within hours, prompting Ducati to double the production run.
Deposit down, buyers then waited a year, sometimes more, for their bikes to be built and delivered. Of the 2000 constructed, it's believed that approximately 500 were sent to America.
This bike spent most of its time in a climate controlled environment (office) and the miles that it has accumulated were to take it in for service and ensure that it is always operational. It is #397 of the 2,000-unit production run. It remains in literally ‽As Delivered” condition.
Model: Ducati MH900e
ENGINE & TRANSMISSION
-904.00 ccm (55.16 cubic inches)
- Engine type: V2, four-stroke
- Power: 75.00 HP (54.7 kW))
76.00 Nm (7.7 kgf-m or 56.1 ft.lbs)
Final drive: Chain
Chassis, suspension, brakes and wheels
Front brakes: Dual disc
Rear brakes: Single disc
PHYSICAL MEASUREMENTS & CAPACITIES
Dry weight: 186.0 kg (410.1 pounds)
Power/weight ratio: 0.4032 HP/kg
Seat height: 825 mm (32.5 inches)
ABOUT CLASSIC CARS LTD.
- Classic Cars Ltd. has been in the same, small, California town for over 25 years. We operate a small, highly specialized "brick & mortar", indoor showroom, with a focus on the sale, consignment, and purchase of sports, high performance and specialty vehicles of all types. We have a particular interest in sports cars and unique vehicles.
- The majority of our vehicles come from local, private owners and collectors, and many were sold new in California. We appreciate that rust free cars, with excellent documentation and history are especially attractive to our buyers both locally, and around the country. As a result, we do not purchase our collectible cars/bikes from "distressed" sales, such as wholesale auctions, salvage sales, or lien sales. We do not sell vehicles with salvage titles, or those that have a history of significant accident damage or repair.
- We have sold hundreds of unique, classic and collectible vehicles and regularly deal with buyers that have not had the experience of purchasing a large (both physically and monetarily) item on eBay, or through an Internet source. Our eBay feedback is 100% positive on all vehicle sales from customers around the globe and is a reflection of our commitment to accurate, complete, and thorough vehicle descriptions.
- We have been shipping vehicles for years and have established excellent contacts that are not only high quality but very price competitive. We do not use brokers, terminal shipping or other discount methods. Call us or email for a quote directly to your home or office. We are often able to obtain quality enclosed transportation (the kind of travel this car deserves) for the cost of open shipping.
- Please review our feedback on eBay (user name Never22Many) representing over 930+ positive transactions to buyers all over the United States / World.
- We are fully insured, bonded, and licensed for collector car sales all over the United States/World.
- Classic Cars Ltd. carries a $50,000 Surety bond to cover financial transactions
- We frequently sell vehicles to out of State / out of country buyers, and will be glad to provide references for buyers in your area.
MISCELLANEOUS GENERAL INFORMATION
- As with virtually all collector/specialty vehicles, we find that parts and resources are readily available for this (and most every vehicle), thanks in large part to the Internet.
- In addition to the purchase price of the vehicle, California buyers will be subject to sales tax, a documentation fee, DMV transfer fees and license / registration. Out-of-state buyers will be responsible for the purchase price of the vehicle and any local taxes/fees will be the purchaser's responsibility to pay in their respective state. IMPORTANT NOTE: If the vehicle is delivered or driven in California and driven on California roads, sales-tax, license/registration and transfer fees will be assessed per California law.
- While we encourage telephone calls to discuss this vehicle in greater detail we will not respond to inquiries asking "What is the reserve". Also, if you would prefer that we call you to answer any questions about the vehicle; shipping alternatives, etc. please e-mail us with your telephone number and will gladly get back in touch with you.
- We encourage inspections of the Ducati by serious, qualified individuals or professional inspectors. Please call at 925-846-1451 to arrange a convenient time.
- We make every effort to accurately represent our vehicles, and highlight both positive items as well as areas that require attention. We ask that prospective buyers consider our eBay history/feedback, standing in the community, length of time in business, and other factors when purchasing a collectible vehicle from Classic Cars Ltd.
- Minor cosmetic issues/flaws may be present on every vehicle (regardless of cost) including small chips, nicks, scratches, etc. that can be seen on even the best restoration, or even a relatively new, used "pre-owned" vehicle.
- The information contained in this description is believed to be accurate but, in some instances, has been provided by the car's owner, previous owners, or outside sources. As a result, we are unable to guarantee the accuracy of the information. We encourage verification of "numbers" and significant data prior to the purchase of any collector vehicle that you are considering.
Classic Cars Ltd.
|Body Type / Style:||Motorcycle
|Interior Color:||Black Seat|
|Engine:||V2 Four Stroke
|Transmission: ||6 Speed Manual
RARE Rear View Camera
Display Screen for Camera
Close-Up of Rear Camera