2001 Triumph Motorcycle 955i
Triumph 955i - 3,600 No Surprises / No Excuses Miles
Part of a Collection of Fine Motorcycles and Automobiles
Recently Serviced and Like New
Never Dropped or Damaged & Adult Ridden
NOTE: Our listings not only describe this particular bike, but also some history of the make/model, considerations in buying a classic bike or car, along with facts about our firm. However, we continually hear from out of state / out of country buyers (many of our clients) that they prefer the level of detail that we provide. However, if you are not prepared to read the full listing, please read the OVERVIEW below along with viewing the PHOTOGRAPHS at the bottom. If you'd prefer, please call us at 925-846-1451 and we'll gladly discuss the Triumph and answer any questions over the telephone, including our ‽Buy it Now” policy. And, yes, the 955i can be purchased prior to the end of the eBay auction.
This bike is offered at a realistic price and, unlike bidding on cars or bikes at an auction environment, you will have the benefit of extensive information and history on the car prior to making a buying decision. Equally as important is the fact that Classic Cars Ltd. has been in business for 25 years and enjoys an excellent national / international relationship with over 930 positive eBay feedback responses.
Please keep in mind that we will gladly...
1. Answer any questions over the telephone and take the time to guide prospective customers through the buying process (925-846-1451).
2. Assist with locating a quality, suitable transporter at very competitive prices.
3. Provide proof that we are licensed, bonded (for the financial transaction), fully insured, and operate from an established showroom environment.
4. Provide feedback from previous buyers, and specific references for vehicle purchases in your area (we also ask that you view our detailed eBay feedback by clicking on the number to the right of the eBay user name)
5. Offer additional information including specific photographs or clarification of any part of our description of the bike
Thank you again, please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Paul R. Wankle, Pres.
Classic Cars Ltd.
THIS PARTIUCLAR MH900e
Frankly, there is not too much to say about a 2001 Triumph 955i that has accumulated just over 3,600 California miles since it was delivered in 2001! We will take this opportunity to clarify a few important points, and provide a history of the bike that many believe represents one of the best high performance sports bikes ever produced by Triumph. Specifically:
- From a cosmetic and mechanical perspective, the bike remains in excellent condition in every respect…no surprises, no excuses.
- Within a few months the bike was fully inspected and serviced by the local Triumph dealer. The bike has always received ‽expense no object” care and has been ridden occasionally to ensure full operation at all times. Of course, it has never seen rain.
- The 955i has always been licensed and carries a clear California title
- No surprises, accidents, replaced components, aftermarket parts…100% stock
- No modifications
- Stand shown not included
- Owner's manual included
Note: This is a serious super bike and we recommend that only experienced riders consider the purchase of a bike that is capable of speeds over 165 mph with ¼ mile speeds reaching 130+ mph when piloted by a capable rider.
THE TRIUMPH 955i - HISTORY
The Triumph Daytona T595 was introduced in 1997 in an attempt by Triumph to tap into the sports bike market. Despite the T595 name, the bike featured a 955 cc displacement in-line three-cylinder engine designed in part by Lotus. Along with the other triple-cylinder Triumphs, the Daytona helped to establish the newly managed manufacturer and its distinctive and unique three-cylinder motorcycles.
The T595-model name concatenated the new engine series "T5" and the first two numbers of the "955 cc" displacement. In 1999 the bike was renamed 955i because the T595 model name gave the impression that the bike's engine displaced 595 cc.
Large-scale changes were made in 2001, with a complete restyling of the bodywork by designer Gareth Davies, a newly designed engine raising the horsepower to 149 with internal performance upgrades included Forged steel crankshaft, forged steel connecting rods, and forged aluminum pistons. Focused on reducing weight and better handling, the 2001 955i used a more common double-sided swing arm (DSSA) as opposed to the single-sided swing arm (SSSA) of the previous Daytona's. The DSSA version weighs 7.5 pounds (3.4 kg) less than the SSSA due to the lighter weight swing arm, and it is argued that the DSSA version handles better than the SSSA as it has less flex in the swing arm. The 2001+ 955i version had a more compact and advanced Sagem MC1000 electronic engine management system (2-plug) instead of the original Sagem MC2000 controller (1-plug).
Also called Triumph T595 Daytona (1997-1998)
Production 1997 to 2006
Class Sport bike
Engine 955 cc (58.3 cu in) 4-stroke, inline-3
4 valve per cylinder DOHC, liquid-cooled
Bore / stroke 79.0 mm. 65.0 mm. (3.11 in. 2.56 in.
Compression ratio: 12.0:1
Top speed 165+ mph (259 km/h)
128 hp (95 kW) (rear wheel)@ 10,500 rpm
66.0 lb.<.ft (89.5 N<.m) (rear wheel))@ 8,500 rpm
Front: 45 mm (1.8 in) forks with dual rate springs and adjustable preload, compression and rebound damping
Rear: Monoshock with adjustable preload, rebound and compression damping
Front: Double disc. 320 mm (13 in) Nissin 4-piston calipers.
Rear: Single disc. 2-piston calipers. 220 mm (8.7 in)
Front: 120 / 70 ZR 17, Rear: 190 / 50 ZR 17
1,426 mm (56.1 in)
Dimensions L: 2,112 mm (83.1 in)
W: 725 mm (28.5 in)
H: 1,165 mm (45.9 in)
Seat height 815 mm (32.1 in)
Weight 219.08 kg (483.0 lb) (wet)
Fuel capacity 21 l (4.6 imp gal; 5.5 US gal)
ABOUT CLASSIC CARS LTD.
- Classic Cars Ltd. has been in the same, small, California town for over 25 years. We operate a small, highly specialized "brick & mortar", indoor showroom, with a focus on the sale, consignment, and purchase of sports, high performance and specialty vehicles of all types. We have a particular interest in sports cars, high performance bikes, and unique vehicles.
- The majority of our vehicles come from local, private owners and collectors, and many were sold new in California. We appreciate that rust free cars, with excellent documentation and history are especially attractive to our buyers both locally, and around the country. As a result, we do not purchase our collectible cars/bikes from "distressed" sales, such as wholesale auctions, salvage sales, or lien sales. We do not sell vehicles with salvage titles, or those that have a history of significant accident damage or repair.
- We have sold hundreds of unique, classic and collectible vehicles and regularly deal with buyers that have not had the experience of purchasing a large (both physically and monetarily) item on eBay, or through an Internet source. Our eBay feedback is 100% positive on all vehicle sales from customers around the globe and is a reflection of our commitment to accurate, complete, and thorough vehicle descriptions.
- We have been shipping vehicles for years and have established excellent contacts that are not only high quality but very price competitive. We do not use brokers, terminal shipping or other discount methods. Call us or email for a quote directly to your home or office. We are often able to obtain quality enclosed transportation (the kind of travel this car deserves) for the cost of open shipping.
- Please review our feedback on eBay (user name Never22Many) representing over 930+ positive transactions to buyers all over the United States / World.
- We are fully insured, bonded, and licensed for collector car sales all over the United States/World.
- Classic Cars Ltd. carries a $50,000 Surety bond to cover financial transactions
- We frequently sell vehicles to out of State / out of country buyers, and will be glad to provide references for buyers in your area.
MISCELLANEOUS GENERAL INFORMATION
- As with virtually all collector/specialty vehicles, we find that parts and resources are readily available for this bike (and most every vehicle), thanks in large part to the Internet.
- In addition to the purchase price of the vehicle, California buyers will be subject to sales tax, a documentation fee, DMV transfer fees and license / registration. Out-of-state buyers will be responsible for the purchase price of the vehicle and any local taxes/fees will be the purchaser's responsibility to pay in their respective state. IMPORTANT NOTE: If the vehicle is delivered or driven in California and driven on California roads, sales-tax, license/registration and transfer fees will be assessed per California law.
- While we encourage telephone calls to discuss this vehicle in greater detail we will not respond to inquiries asking "What is the reserve". Also, if you would prefer that we call you to answer any questions about the vehicle; shipping alternatives, etc. please e-mail us with your telephone number and will gladly get back in touch with you.
- We encourage inspections of this Triumph 955i by serious, qualified individuals or professional inspectors. Please call at 925-846-1451 to arrange a convenient time.
- We make every effort to accurately represent our vehicles, and highlight both positive items as well as areas that require attention. We ask that prospective buyers consider our eBay history/feedback, standing in the community, length of time in business, and other factors when purchasing a collectible vehicle from Classic Cars Ltd.
- Minor cosmetic issues/flaws may be present on every vehicle (regardless of cost) including small chips, nicks, scratches, etc. that can be seen on even the best restoration, or even a relatively new, used "pre-owned" vehicle.
- The information contained in this description is believed to be accurate but, in some instances, has been provided by the bike's owner, previous owners, or outside sources. As a result, we are unable to guarantee the accuracy of the information. We encourage verification of "numbers" and significant data prior to the purchase of any collector vehicle that you are considering.
Classic Cars Ltd.
|Body Type / Style:||Motorcycle
|Interior Color:||Black Trim|
|Transmission: ||6 Speed Manual