1965 Chevrolet G10
Chevrolet "Shorty” Sport Van Deluxe "Travel Cruiser” - Truly One of a Kind!
Retains Original Dealer Installed Camper Conversion
Pop Up Top (Fully Functional)
(Including Dealer Brochure to Document)
Very Unique Southern California "Flat Window" Surfer / Camper Van
Rust Free Black Plate Example
PLEASE NOTE: EACH TIME WE LIST A VEHICLE ON eBay WE RECEIVE COMMENTS THAT THERE ARE NO PHOTOS OF THE INTERIOR, ENGINE, UNDERCARRIAGE, ETC. OF THE CAR. THERE ARE CLOSE TO 100 PHOTOS OF ALL AREAS OF THE CHEVY BUT, WHEN YOU REACH WHAT APPEARS TO BE THE LAST PHOTO, YOU WILL NEED TO SCROLL DOWN ON eBay TO VIEW THE REMAINING PHOTOS. IF YOU ARE STILL UNABLE TO SEE THEM, PLEASE CALL US AT 925-846-1451 AND WE WILL PROVIDE A DIRECT LINK. NOTE: IT IS A VIOLATION OF eBay POLICY FOR US TO LIST THE URL ON THE eBay LISTING
CLASSIC CARS LTD.
(925) 846 1451
INTRODUCTION TO CLASSIC CARS LTD. eBay AUCTIONS
Thank you for visiting our eBay auction. We appreciate your interest in the Chevrolet and feel that it is important that we provide some basic information relative to our business philosophy and utilization of eBay to offer our collectible & classic vehicles to a worldwide audience.
For 25 years, Classic Cars Ltd. has operated a "Brick & Mortar" showroom located in Pleasanton, CA. just outside of San Francisco California. We have sold hundreds of unique, classic and collectible vehicles and regularly deal with buyers who have not had the experience of purchasing a large (both physically and monetarily!) item on eBay, or through an Internet source. Our lifetime eBay feedback is 100% positive on all vehicle sales from customers around the globe, and is a reflection of our commitment to accurate, complete, and thorough vehicle descriptions.
While we have had comments about the length of our narrative on each vehicle, most serious buyers appreciate the detailed photographs and descriptions and believe that "more is better." However, if you are looking for a brief summary of the vehicle, please view the photographs and scroll to the very bottom of the listing where you will find a summary of the car for sale including; Make, model, mileage, specifications, etc.
Please keep in mind that we will gladly...
1. Answer any questions over the telephone and take the time to guide prospective customers through the buying process (925-846-1451).
2. Assist with locating a quality, suitable transporter at very competitive prices.
3. Provide proof that we are licensed, bonded (for the financial transaction), fully insured, and operate from an established showroom environment.
4. Provide feedback from previous buyers, and specific references for vehicle purchases in your area (we also ask that you view our detailed eBay feedback by clicking on the number to the right of the eBay user name)
5. Offer additional information including specific photographs or clarification of any part of our description of the vehicle
Thank you again, please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Paul R. Wankle, Pres.
Classic Cars Ltd.
HISTORY - THIS PARTICULAR 1965 CHEVY DELUXE ‽TRAVEL CRUISER”
We are proud to be celebrating our 25th year as Classic Cars Ltd.'s premier boutique classic car facility. We have been very fortunate to represent a wide range of collectible cars ranging from sports & high performance to street rods, classics, and unique vehicles. Occasionally, we come across a truly unusual American vehicle and it doesn't get more rare and unique than this mid-60's Chevy Sport Van with a dealer converted aluminum pup-up top. In our 40+ years of automotive experience, we have never seen another short wheel based, dealer converted G10 Camper Van.
What makes this van even more intriguing is its lifelong California history. As the old adage goes: "You can restore a vehicle over and over again, but it's only original once.” This is certainly the case with this van that retains many of its original components down to and including original badging, tail lights, interior dash & trim parts, and the original Chevrolet dealer installed (in the 60's) pop-up camper top.
The body has never been modified and remains virtually rust free along with a totally solid undercarriage due to a long life in Southern California. Improvements that have been made were completed to improve drivability and add additional comfort to this usable, reliable camper van. This van represents a piece of California vehicle history that has survived for over 50 years. It shows the lovely patina from years of use, but not abuse. The body is extremely straight with no major damage, the bright-work remains good, especially for its age, and the body is extremely solid and rust free. The paint is older and could benefit from a good polish but, personally, we wouldn't even think of painting the Chevy and removing the charming patina that has developed over the course of many years in California.
Some of the upgrades that have been completed to add safety and more modern conveniences include:
- Upgraded, comfortable cloth seats (easily changed to vintage should the owner choose but original seats are not available)
- Headrest speakers
- Shoulder harnesses added
- Hella H4 headlights added
- New NOS tail-lights sourced and added
- Custom made curtains
- "Dog House” sound/heat insulation
When it comes to mechanical upgrades, a considerable investment has been made over time to make this van reliable and usable at highway speeds.
- Rebuilt Chevy 250c.i. straight 6 cylinder engine with reported low mileage (runs great!)
- Upgraded strong 2004R automatic OVERDRIVE NOTE: This is a 1980's transmission used in a number of mid-80's GM vehicles that include but are not limited to the 1986 & 1987 Oldsmobile 442, and Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS
- Front disc brake conversion
- Aluminum radiator
- HEI distributor
- High output alternator
- Dual circuit brake master cylinder
- All new brake lines & braided brake hoses
- BFG Radial Tires
- Optima deep cycle battery
- New front & rear shock absorbers
- New leaf spring shackle bushings
- Electric fan
- Factory spare & jack
This van would be right at home in a beach front community in Southern California as a ‽surfer van”, or could be converted into a usable camper. Note: when the pop-up portion is open, a 6 foot+ individual can stand upright in the camper!
Best of luck bidding on this one of a kind, unique piece of California history!
HISTORY CHEVROLET G10 VANS
The 1st generation Chevy Van refers to the first Chevrolet G-Series vans G-10 1/2 ton production years 1964 through 1966. General Motors saw a market for a compact van based on a modified passenger car platform to compete with the already successful Ford Econoline and Dodge A100. The 1964 Chevy Van had a cab forward design with the engine was placed in a "doghouse" between and behind the front seats. The implementation of situating the driver on top of the front axle with the engine near the front wheels is called internationally a "cab over" vehicle. Engines and brakes were sourced from the Chevy II, a more conventional compact car than Chevrolet Corvair.
The forward engine design allowed a flat rear floor with low deck heights in the rear of the van for loading/unloading cargo. This model was also sold by GMC as Handi-Van. The 1st Gen vans were available in only the short 90-inch wheelbase and were only sold with the standard 90 hp 153-cubic-inch straight-4 or Chevrolet Straight-6 engine. A first gen is quickly identified by its single piece flat windshield glass. The first 1964 Chevy Van was originally marketed and sold as a panel van for purely utilitarian purposes. Windows were available as an option, but were simply cut into the sides from the factory. In 1965, Chevy added Sport Van which featured windows actually integrated into the body. GMC marketed their window van as Handi-Bus. Air conditioning, power steering and power brakes were not available in the 1st generation vans.
Often referred to as the original "classic" flat windshield van. The 90 hp (67 kW) 153 cu in (2.51 L) four-cylinder engine was standard equipment with optional 120 hp (89 kW) 194 cu in (3.18 L) Chevrolet Straight-6 engine available. The straightforward construction and a boxy design was ideal for economically hauling cargo, tools and equipment around town. The base cargo model was the Chevy Van, available with or without windows and side cargo doors. Even the heater and right front passenger seat were optional. The Warner 3-speed manual transmission was standard with column shift. A 2-speed Powerglide automatic transmission was available as an option.
For 1965, the van remained largely unchanged. The grille openings were widened, and received one additional slot just above the bumper to increase cooling. Seat belts were added. The exciting news for the 1965 model year was the introduction of the Chevy Sport Van and GMC Handi-Bus. Sportvan was a passenger friendly van with windows molded into the van body. A retractable rear courtesy step for the passenger side doors was used on the Sport Van. The 194 6-cylinder engine was now standard equipment, with an available 'Hi-Torque' 140 hp (100 kW) 230 cu in (3.8 L) six-cylinder
LICENSE / REGISTRATION / INSPECTION
- Currently licensed & registered in California (Clear title) until 8/1/18, 2018 for CA buyers
- No requirement for smog in California and virtually every other state due to age of vehicle
- Includes original dealer brochure for camper conversion to ‽Travel Cruiser”
MISCELLANEOUS GENERAL INFORMATION
- Please let us know if we can provide additional detailed photos of any part of the Chevy G10 "Travel Cruiser” Van
- We have been shipping vehicles for years and have established excellent contacts that are not only high quality but very price competitive. We do not use brokers, terminal shipping, or other discount methods. Call us or email for a quote directly to your home or office.
- As with virtually all collector/specialty vehicles, we find that parts and resources are readily available for this (and most every vehicle), thanks in large part to the Internet!
- In addition to the purchase price of the vehicle, California buyers will be subject to sales tax, documentation fee, DMV transfer fees and license/registration. Out-of-state buyers will be responsible for the purchase price of the vehicle and any local taxes/fees will be the purchaser's responsibility to pay in their respective state. IMPORTANT NOTE: If the vehicle is delivered or driven in California and driven on California roads, sales-tax, license registration and transfer fees will be assessed per California law.
- We encourage telephone calls to discuss this vehicle in greater detail and will be glad to call you to answer any questions about the vehicle; shipping alternatives, etc. please e-mail us with your telephone number and will gladly get back in touch with you.
- As with any collectible vehicle of this vintage we are unable to provide a warranty or guarantee of condition. However, we make every effort to accurately represent our vehicles, and highlight both positive items as well as areas that require attention. We ask that prospective buyers consider our eBay history/feedback, standing in the community, length of time in business, and other factors when purchasing a collectible vehicle from Classic Cars Ltd.
- Please keep in mind that minor cosmetic issues/flaws may be present on every vehicle (regardless of cost) including small chips, nicks, scratches, etc. that can be seen on even the best restoration, or even a relatively new, used "pre-owned" vehicle. Also, ownership of a collectible / specialty vehicle is more enjoyable if the owner is familiar with the "realities" of these unique cars. Unlike more modern day vehicles, these cars require regular, ongoing care/maintenance and some mechanical knowledge, patience, and understanding can make the experience considerably more pleasant. That said, collector / specialty car owners will tell you (emphatically) that they love their cars and wouldn't trade them for anything!!
- The information contained in this description is believed to be accurate but, in some instances, has been provided by the car's owner / owners or outside sources. As a result, we are unable to guarantee the accuracy of the information. We encourage verification of "numbers" and significant data prior to the purchase of any collector vehicle that you are considering.
PURCHASING A COLLECTOR VEHICLE - THINGS TO CONSIDER
As always, we recommend that you carefully review the seller's background of any collector car being sold over the Internet. We believe that it is important to ask yourself a number of questions including, but not limited to:
- How long have they been in business?
- How much experience do they have with collector cars?
- How many positive collector car vehicle sales have completed (positive eBay feedback)?
- How detailed/complete is the description of the vehicle?
- Do the photos show details of the interior, exterior, top, chrome, etc. or are they simply "Glamour Shots" taken from a distance?
- Does the seller have a Surety Bond to protect the financial transaction?
- What about insurance, licensing by the state, and a local business license?
- Does the seller (if a business) have any DMV (Motor Vehicle) complaints and/or other history of legal action, grievances?
- Does the seller enjoy a favorable local and national/international reputation?
- Can the seller assist with funding sources, transport and out of state/country sales?
ABOUT CLASSIC CARS LTD.
- Classic Cars Ltd. has been in the same, small, California town for 25 years. We operate a small "brick & mortar", indoor showroom, and specialize in the sale, consignment, and purchase of sports, high performance and specialty vehicles of all types. We have a particular interest in sports cars and unique vehicles.
- The majority of our vehicles come from local, private owners and collectors, and many were sold new in California. We appreciate that rust free cars, with excellent documentation and history are especially attractive to our buyers both locally, and around the country. As a result, we do not purchase our collectible cars from "distressed" sales, such as wholesale auctions, salvage sales, or lien sales. We do not sell vehicles with salvage titles, or those that have a history of significant accident damage or repair.
- Please review our feedback on eBay (user name Never22Many) representing over 930~ positive transactions to buyers all over the United States / World.
- We are fully insured, bonded, and licensed for collector car sales all over the United States/World.
- Classic Cars Ltd. carries a $50,000 Surety bond to cover financial transactions
- We frequently sell vehicles to out of State / out of country buyers, and will be glad to provide references for buyers in your area.
Classic Cars Ltd.
|Body Type / Style:||Minivan
|Exterior Color:||Green & WHite|
|Interior Color:||Green / Black|
|Transmission: ||2004R Overdrive Automatic
|Mileage:||TMU (Total Miles Unknown)
|"Black Plate" California Car|
California Lic & Reg
Dual Side Mirrors
Exempt From Smog in California
Front Disc Brakes
Heater / Defroster
| ||Incredible "Survivor"|
No Rust CA. Body
Original California Car
Rear Storage Area
Runs / Drives Very Well
Seat Belts (Front)
Step Comes Out with Door Open
Includes Jack (not Shown)
Dynamat on Center Engine Cover