1967 Ford Shelby GT350 Convertible Tribute
Striking, Desirable 1967 Shelby GT 350 Convertible Tribute
Recently Rebuilt Engine, Transmission, & Considerably
Upgraded Suspension, Brakes, & Performance!
A Striking Example, Finished in Red with
White Stripes and a White Power Top
Options Include P/S, P/B, Power Windows (front & rear), & More!
INTRODUCTION TO CLASSIC CARS LTD. EBAY AUCTIONS
Thank you for visiting our eBay auction. We appreciate your interest in the 1967 Shelby GT350 Tribute and feel that it is important that we provide some basic information relative to our business philosophy, and utilization of eBay to market our collectible & classic vehicles.
For 25 years, Classic Cars Ltd. has operated a "brick & mortar” showroom located in Pleasanton, CA. just outside of San Francisco, California. We have sold hundreds of unique, classic and collectible vehicles to buyers all over the USA/world and regularly deal with buyers that have not had the experience of purchasing a large item (both physically and monetarily!) on eBay, or through an Internet source. We enjoy 100% lifetime positive feedback on all vehicle sales from customers around the world, and is a reflection of our commitment to accurate, complete, and thorough vehicle descriptions.
PLEASE NOTE: Unlike many other Internet services, we believe in doing business the "old fashioned way” and not listing cars that we have not seen, do not have in our possession and have not evaluated from both a mechanical and cosmetic perspective (including a California required inspection). While some sites are enjoyable to read, we have experienced firsthand the problems that can result from inaccurate representations of "Exclusive" vehicles and the implication that the listing organization is actually familiar with the cars quality and selling individual / organization. With 25+ years of experience in a permanent location we stand behind our vehicles (not just sending you to someone who has a car for sale that we found floating around the Internet), are full licensed and bonded by the state of California and have all of the required insurance in place.
While we have had comments about the length of our narrative, most of our buyers believe that ‽more is better.” As a result, we make every effort to anticipate questions and provide a comprehensive description and detailed photographs of virtually every part of the Mustang. However, if you are looking for a brief summary of the vehicle, please view the photographs and scroll to the very bottom of the listing where you will find a summary of the car for sale including; make, model, mileage, specifications, etc.
Please keep in mind that we will gladly…..
- Answer any questions and take the time to guide prospective customers through the buying process over the telephone (925-846-1451)
- Assist with locating a quality, suitable enclosed transporter at very competitive prices
- Provide proof that we are licensed, bonded (for the financial transaction), fully insured, and operate from an established showroom just outside of the downtown district of historic Pleasanton, CA
- Provide feedback from previous buyers, and specific references for vehicle purchases in your area (we also ask that you view our detailed eBay feedback by clicking on the number to the right of the eBay user name)
- Provide additional information including specific photographs or clarification of any part of our description of the vehicle
Thank you again, please let me know if I can be of assistance.
FINALLY, PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT OUR VIDEO ON YOUTUBE AT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZIwtHdP95Ib
Cheers and Happy "eBaying”!
Paul R. Wankle, Pres.
Classic Cars Ltd.
THIS PARTICULAR 1967 FORD MUSTANG SHELBY 350 TRIBUTE CONDITION SUMMARY
There is little argument amongst automobile enthusiasts that the GT350 Shelby is one of Ford's best accomplishments when it comes to producing a high performance street car in the 1960's. The cars were fast, had wonderful styling and became highly collectible. However, there is one problem. Even in today's more affordable marketplace the cars command lofty prices, to say the least. When the cars become available, which is not very often, asking prices can approach $250,000+.
So, if you like the appearance (and performance) of the Shelby GT350 convertible, but you are not in a position to write a check for $250,000~, a high quality 'tribute” or "recreation” may be for you. This example is being offered at a reasonable price and represents a beautiful, usable GT350 convertible that has the appearance of the original & desirable original car down to the proper painted hood/deck lid stripes, rear side scoops, Shelby badging, and a host of correct GT350 Shelby details.
We ask that you thoroughly review our comprehensive photographs and in-depth description to view specific areas of the GT350 not often seen in other listings. We make every effort to show virtually every part of the car including the undercarriage, trunk, and engine bay photos in order to provide the prospective buyer with an idea of what went into the build of this Mustang.
EXTERIOR / BODY & PAINT
This 1967 Mustang has undergone a complete transformation from its humble beginnings as a "C” Code convertible to a GT350 Shelby convertible. The "Shelby” received a complete respray and replacement of door and window rubber trim and weather stripping, exterior lights, and other components, and all Shelby style body parts (hood, trunk, grill, etc.) were fitted after the car was painted. The owner reports that no rust was identified during the restoration and undercoating was applied to the underside of the car, hood and trunk as future protection. The car was finished in beautify, bright red with white dual stripes, a power white convertible top (black ‽headliner”), and power windows were added (front and rear). Of course, the car still retains power steering and power brakes although the factory air conditioning and related components were removed although the dash vents remain in place.
Attention was paid to ensure that the car received the proper dual-snout hood and bumper and the side / boot lip spoilers. Also added was Shelby badging including, but not limited to the Shelby style roll bar, functional rear (side) scoops for rear brake cooling, front blacked grill with large driving lights, center painted and clear coated stripes, GT 350 lower side stripes, rear Shelby gas cap, chrome hood pins, center spoke wheels, and other appropriate trim for a 1967 Shelby GT350.
The mechanical improvements are apparent and the car has been used and "sorted.” It starts instantly and runs very strong.
The interior has been upgraded to include leather seats, replacement carpet, a 3-spoke wooden steering wheel, Shelby logo door sills, red door panels and a matching red full console. The interior matches the car and is finished in a lovely shade of red with black trim. The dash pad is in very good condition and the gauges are functional and clear. Interior lights work and the doors fit and seal well. Door locks are operational. The dash has interior toggles to operate the power top, and Shelby front driving lights.
Mechanical work performed on the car is extensive and outlined in categories below.
The "Shelby” received the benefit of completely rebuilt engine and transmission, new suspension, brakes and all components for superior handling, performance, sound and a power convertible top. Less than an estimated 5,000 miles have been added to the car since the mechanical work was completed.
The Shelby received the benefit of a completely rebuilt 289 c.i. V8 high performance engine complete with the following:
- High Performance Aluminum Head Build Kit (KMJ Performance)
- Roller Rockers (302 7/16”) Lifters and Push Rods (KMJ Performance)
- Holley Cam
- Double Roller Timing Chain (Summit)
- Summit Four-Barrel Carburetor
- Cobra Finned Aluminum Valve Covers and Air Filter
- Long Tube Headers
- Custom Installation and built exhaust system including dual pipes, new mufflers and chromed tips
- New Aluminum Fuel Lines Wire Technologies Suppression Cables
- New Power Steering Pump
- Double Oil Pan
- New Belts & Hoses
- Aluminum Fuel & Brake Lines
- Electrical Wiring Pro Comp Billet Distributor Kit & New Wiring
- Single Wire 100 Amp Alternator (Power Master)
- Coil and 6AL Ignition Box
All components were new at the time of the rebuild, a reported 3,000~ miles ago
The automatic transmission was rebuilt using heavy duty components, a kick-down gear, synthetic transmission fluid, and gears making the car usable at highway speeds.
The "Shelby” is fitted with new performance suspension eliminating the poor performing leaf springs. Upgrades include:
- New Rod and Custom tubular a-arm adjustable coil-over front suspension kit (RC 107)
- Rear adjustable coil-over triangulated 4-link rear suspension kit (RC 114)
- Rack and pinion steering (Rod & Custom) resulting in considerably improved steering
- Custom steering box/arm
- Anti-sway bars fitted
The old-style support bars, bouncy leaf springs, dicey shocks and dated steering have been eliminated resulting in excellent handling.
The braking system has been rebuilt including the following:
- Cross-drilled, slotted front disc power brake kit (rear drums)
- Power booster/master cylinder/proportion valve all from Rod and Custom (RC 138)
- New aluminum brake lines
WHEELS & TIRES
- 10-Spoke Shelby Wheels, with Cobra Centers
- Matching BF Goodrich Radial T/A
For audiophiles the JL sound system will impress. It has sound that is impressive and one of the best we've heard. There are FOUR JL Audio 6” speakers in the cabin, and 2 massive JL Audio 12” speakers in the trunk that are custom-built in a Ground Shaker Box (the Box can be easily removed from the trunk). There are TWO JL Audio 4-Channel Amplifiers, and a 12-volt Capacitor custom mounted in the trunk. The head unit looks like the original 1967 Mustang AM/FM stereo, although it is new and digital from Custom AutoSound. There is a Custom AutoSound 10-CD Changer in the trunk, and a self-charging iPod connector in the console cubby. You can connect your iPhone, or leave an iPod (like a Shuffle of Nano) connected inside the cubby so that it is not visible, yet 100% functional. Everything may be operated from the stereo head unit. Whether loud or soft, rock or classical, the system is crisp and powerful - if turned up; you will feel the power through the back of the seats.
1967 FORD MUSTANG / SHELBY GT350 - HISTORY & BACKGOUND
The 1967 redesign of the Mustang added a longer, fiberglass hood, and new front and rear facia. The design of the original 1965 version was evident, but these styling upgrades gave the car a more aggressive appearance and achieved Carroll Shelby's goal of differentiating his car from the Mustang on which it was based. The separate high-beam headlamps in the grille added more character, while a thin, chrome front bumper sat below a mesh grille with the classic "Shelby GT350" logo in place (except for the very early cars). The small hood scoop was there to deliver fresh air to the engine. Shelby also included new, horizontal taillights and an integrated Kamm-type rear spoiler. Functional rear brake-cooling scoops adorned the rear quarter panels. Ten-spoke, fifteen-inch, cast-aluminum rims were the wheel choice with Goodyear lettered radials.
The GT350 was available with air conditioning and an AM/FM radio. The steering wheel was a wood-rimmed and satin-trimmed design with the classic Shelby logo in the center. Behind this wheel was a very classy-looking set of gauges. A 140-mph speedometer and a whopping 8,000-rpm tachometer were joined along with a smaller analog clock, fuel level, water temperature, and oil pressure gauges.
The 1967 GT350 came with an iron-block, 289-cubic-inch (4.7-liter) V-8 rated at 306 horsepower and 329 lb-foot of torque. For a pushrod design, the GT350 revved relatively high, with the horsepower peak not in full swing until the 6,000-rpm redline. 1967 was well before modern fuel injection came about, and the car used a single Holley four-barrel carburetor. The true dual-exhaust with H-shaped crossover system came standard with Flowmasters and chrome exhaust tips. Power was routed to the ground through a sturdy, four-speed manual transmission with a single, dry-disc clutch. A three-speed automatic was made available as an option. Rear-end ratios were 3.89-to-1 for the four-speed manual and 3.50-to-1 for the automatic. Acceleration was impressive, with a 0-to-60 time of around seven seconds and a top speed of 140 mph. Braking duties were handled by 11.3-inch discs up front and drums in the rear. Power assist was standard. The front suspension consisted of unequal-length control arms, coil springs, adjustable tube arms, and an anti-sway bar. Out back was a live axle, with multi-leaf, semi-elliptical springs and tube shocks. The steering was a power-assisted recirculating ball design.
MISCELLANEOUS GENERAL INFORMATION
- We have a number of additional, detailed photographs but are only able to show 100~ on our listings. Please let us know if we can provide additional detailed photos of any part of the Mustang. We have a large number of additional photos of virtually every part of the car.
- We have been shipping vehicles for years and have established excellent contacts that are not only high quality but very price competitive. We do not utilize brokers, terminal shipping or other discount methods. Call us or email for a quote directly to your home or office.
- In addition to the purchase price of the vehicle, California buyers will be subject to sales tax, documentation fee, DMV transfer fees and license/registration. Out-of-state buyers will be responsible for the purchase price of the vehicle and any local taxes/fees will be the purchaser's responsibility to pay in their respective state. IMPORTANT NOTE: If the vehicle is delivered or driven in California and driven on California roads, sales-tax, license registration and transfer fees will be assessed per California law.
- We encourage telephone calls to discuss this vehicle in greater detail or if you'd like, email your contact information and we will gladly get back in touch with you.
- We make every effort to accurately represent our vehicles, and highlight both positive items as well as areas that require attention. We ask that prospective buyers consider our eBay history/feedback, standing in the community, length of time in business, and other factors when purchasing a collectible vehicle from Classic Cars Ltd.
- Please keep in mind that minor cosmetic issues/flaws are present on virtually every vehicle (regardless of age) including small chips, nicks, scratches, etc. on both the exterior and interior and are part of purchasing a relatively new, used "pre-owned" vehicle. Frankly, often times the photos make the vehicle appear to be in flawless condition and do not show the minor flaws or imperfections that may exist.
- The information contained in this description is believed to be accurate but, in some instances, has been provided by previous owners and/or outside sources. As a result, we are unable to guarantee the accuracy of the information. We encourage verification of any information prior to the purchase of any vehicle that you are considering.
PURCHASING A COLLECTOR VEHICLE - THINGS TO CONSIDER
- As always, we recommend that you carefully review the seller's background of any collector car being sold over the Internet. We believe that it is important to ask yourself a number of questions including, but not limited to:
- How long have they been in business?
- How much experience do they have with collector cars?
- How many positive collector car vehicle sales have completed (positive eBay feedback)?
- How detailed/complete is the description of the vehicle?
- Do the photos show details of the interior, exterior, top, chrome, etc. or are they simply "Glamour Shots" taken from a distance?
- Does the seller have a Surety Bond to protect the financial transaction?
- What about insurance, licensing by the state, and a local business license?
- Does the seller (if a business) have any DMV (Motor Vehicle) complaints and/or other history of legal action, grievances?
- Does the seller enjoy a favorable local and national/international reputation?
- Can the seller assist with funding sources, transport and out of state/country sales?
ABOUT CLASSIC CARS LTD.
- Classic Cars Ltd. has been in the same, small, California town for over 25 years. We operate a small "brick & mortar", indoor showroom, and specialize in the sale, consignment, and purchase of sports, high performance and specialty vehicles of all types. We have a particular interest in sports cars and unique vehicles.
- The large majority of our vehicles come from local, private owners and collectors, and many have a California history. We appreciate that rust free cars, with excellent documentation and history are especially attractive to our buyers both locally, and around the country. As a result, we do not purchase our collectible cars from "distressed" sales, such as wholesale auctions, salvage sales, or lien sales. We do not sell vehicles with salvage titles, or those that have a history of significant accident damage or repair.
- Please review our feedback on eBay (user name Never22Many) representing over 940+ positive transactions to buyers all over the United States / World.
- We are fully insured, bonded, and licensed for collector car sales all over the United States/World.
- Classic Cars Ltd. carries a $50,000 Surety bond to cover financial transaction
- We enjoy excellent relationships with a number of transport companies and, as a result, can often times obtain preferred pricing for vehicle shipping. Please give us a call and we will be glad to refer you to suitable transport companies. Needless to say, we would recommend a quality, enclosed transporter that is experience with moving high quality, collectible cars.
- We frequently sell vehicles to out of State / out of country buyers, and will be glad to provide references for buyers in your area in virtually any state or country.
Classic Cars Ltd.
|Body Type / Style:||Convertible
Dual Side Mirrors
Exempt from CA Smog
Factory Power Top
Front Disc Brakes
Front Sway Bar
Large Front Driving Lights
| ||Power Brakes|
Rear Seat Belts
Recent Mechanical Upgrades
Shelby Air Cleaner
Shelby Logo Wheels
Shelby Valve Covers