1968 Chevrolet C10
Freshly Restored Chevrolet C10 Short Bed Pickup
The Best of the Best in Late 60's ½ Ton Pick-Ups!
Show Quality Example Finished In Factory Original & Desirable
Light Blue with Off White Roof / Lower Trim, Chrome Moldings
Crate 350c.i, 700R Transmission, A/C, P/S, P/B, Tilt,
Riddler Wheels, AND MUCH MORE!
NOTE: Our listings sometimes get rather lengthy. However, we continually hear from out of state / out of country buyers (the majority of our clients) that they prefer the level of detail that we provide. However, if you are not prepared to read multiple pages of description, we ask that you review the "Specifications" on the car along with viewing the photos. And, yes, we are able to sell the car prior to the end of the eBay auction…please call us at 925-846-1451 with any questions regarding the Car, Classic Cars Ltd., or transportation.
ALSO, PLEASE NOTE: EACH TIME WE LIST A VEHICLE ON EBAY WE RECEIVE COMMENTS THAT THERE ARE NO PHOTOS OF THE INTERIOR, ENGINE, UNDERCARRIAGE, ETC. THERE ARE 100 PHOTOS OF ALL AREAS OF THE VEHICLE, BUT, WHEN YOU REACH WHAT APPEARS TO BE THE LAST PHOTO, YOU WILL NEED TO SCROLL TO VIEW THE REMAINING PHOTOS. IF YOU ARE STILL UNABLE TO SEE THE PHOTOS, PLEASE CALL US AT 925-846-1451 AND WE WILL PROVIDE A LINK FOR THE PHOTOS (IT IS A VIOLATION OF eBay POLICY TO LIST THE URL ON THE eBay LISTING).
Finally, all our photos are taken in a completely natural setting with no artificial lighting. We make every attempt to show every part of the vehicle and may have additional specific photos that we can make available upon request (we are only able to list 100 photos on our Website).
FINALLY, PLEASE SEE THE VIDEO ON THE CHEVY C10 ON YOUTUBE AT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FebOTWQ4PE
CLASSIC CARS LTD.
ABOUT THIS 1968 CHEVROLET C10 PICKUP SHORT BED
Today, arguably, the late 60's Chevy pickup trucks, especially the short beds, represent the best of the best in collectible mid-size trucks. While the 1968 model was similar to the 1967, many enthusiasts prefer the large window for '68 along with subtle, but attractive styling improvements. These included but are not limited to:
- Large rear window
- "Chevrolet” hood letters
- Low angled front hood
- Large rectangular grill opening
- Chevy "Bowtie” in the center of the grill
- Parking lights in the grill
- Front & rear side markers (upgraded to '69 version during the restoration)
- Bowtie fender emblems and ‽10”
- Some "CST” model included additional trim as found on this example including lower bright stainless along the lower body line, chrome around the grill, and a deluxe ‽sculptured” interior (refer to photos)
The 1968 model year pickup trucks also saw the benefit of a larger, 307c.i. engine compared with the long standing 283c.i. that powered the trucks in previous years. This particular pickup has been upgraded to a strong 350c.i crate engine and coupled to a 700R overdrive engine.
Also, the 1968 still had a hand operated parking brake and 4-wheel drum brakes. However, this truck received the benefit of an upgrade to front disc brakes (power) as part of a number of enhancements / upgrades. Specifically, a partial list of improvements includes:
- 350c.i crate engine with Edelbrock 4bbl carburetor
- 700R4 automatic overdrive transmission
- Rebuilt 3.08 rear end
- Power steering
- Power brakes with front disks
- "Xcelerator” dual exhaust
- CCP front drop spindles
- In-dash factory air upgraded to current specs
- Ididit billet tilt steering
- Riddler 18" wheels
- Spray bed liner
- Rubber rear cargo floor mat
- Space saver spare mounted under bed
- Viper alarm
Additionally, it is important to note that this truck still retains the original options sticker in the glove box showing the following original information / options as found on the truck when it was delivered new in 1968:
- VIN # CE148S215747
- Model # CE10934
- Option # 453AD - Lt Blue Off White
- Option # 4898AB - Side trim molding
- Option 4752AD - Foam seat
- 4Z538B - Ammeter-Oil gauge
- Option - 46114JP - Blue vinyl trim (Replaced with black and new seats, door panels, carpet, rubber mats, rubber trim and more…
- 4V01BA - Heavy duty radiator
During the restoration, the C10 truck underwent a transformation and desirable options were added including:
- R134 Air Conditioning
- Power Steering
- Crate 350c.i. engine
- 700R Overdrive transmission
- Power Steering
- Tilt Wheel
- Kenwood Excelon radio with front kick panel mounted speakers
- 18” Riddler wheels & 265/60 18” tires (rear) 235/60 18” (front)
- Truck bed liner
- Rubber rear bed mat
THIS 1968 CHEVROLET C10 PICKUP SHORT BED - CONDITION
This is an extremely high quality truck and shows attention to detail that separates many ‽home built” trucks from professionally restored examples. The current owner acquired the truck and reports that the complete restoration was completed 2 years ago and that he has driven the truck fewer than 3,000 miles of the 10,000 miles since the truck was finished.
Based on the exceptional quality of the paint, interior, and drive-line components, we are not hesitant to classify this pickup as show ready. It represents a level of restoration that is far in excess of trucks offered at the large auctions (no names mentioned) and the upgrades make it a totally reliable, comfortable, nice performing ½ ton pickup. The restoration is photo documented and the album will go to the trucks new owner. The C10 is totally turn- key, has been full sorted and is ready to enjoy for the upcoming 2018 season.
The Chevy's paint rates extremely high, is free from orange peel and other noticeable defects and partial repainting since the complete re-spray. The body is extremely straight and solid and the undercarriage (photos shown) is dry with absolutely no rust through, damage to the frame, or suspension components. The suspension components are still "fresh” and the underside of the engine, transmission, and rear end show having been rebuilt and remain clean and dry.
The body is very straight and we have seen no signs of body panel replacement or major accident damage. The body itself is free from dents and other damage and, as a mostly weekend and show truck, it remains free from parking lot dents and road rash on the front. The bumpers are straight, free from damage, and the chrome is excellent. Also, inspection of the other exterior parts of the car (emblems, grill, trim, etc.) shows them to be in absolutely beautiful condition. The photos accurately describe the cars condition and a video is provided to see the truck start, hear the engine and view a walk around.
The doors, hood, and trunk gaps are very good and close / lock securely. The doors do not sag, and, of course, the hinges are solid and rust free. The undersides of the hood and trunk are free from rust, dirt and grease and in excellent condition. The entire engine bay is clean and well presented. The engine has not been cleaned up for the photographs but as a result of ongoing maintenance is clean and free from excessive dirt/grease build-up.
The glass on the car is free from cracks and the rubber trim is excellent.
The Chevy C10 drivability reflects the considerable care that the truck has received since the restoration. It starts immediately under all conditions, and runs cool, even in the 100+ degree weather in Northern California. The idle is smooth and it has been totally reliable. The Chevy has excellent power, stops and steers straight and does not pull, or wander. Upgraded disc brakes ensure that the car stops straight and sure. The parking brake works and is properly adjusted.
The transmission is free from any issues and there are no signs of slipping, noise, or shifting issues. The remainder of the cars drive-line components is equally as good. The truck does not leak excessive fluids, is smoke free, and the engine sounds great. The car is fitted with dual exhaust giving it the perfect sound. The truck is lowered just slightly so it has a nice stance but is not slammed to the ground or modified with air bags of radical suspension changes from stock. The charging system is fully operational and the Chevy holds a charge even after sitting for a prolonged period of time. The gauges (temperature, ammeter, & oil pressure) all display proper readings.
The climate control / heating & defrosting system is completely functional and upgraded to 134. The vents have the appearance of factory installation and the A/C blows cold, heat works.
The spare is space saver mounted properly under the bed.
HISTORY OF THE CHEVROLET C10 PICKUP
Building on the successful first series of C/K pickup, Chevrolet launched a revised version in 1967. Coil springs remained at all four corners beneath the restyled 1967 Chevy C10, but a crisp, clean pickup appeared on the outside, and in some opinions the new Chevy looked even more modern than its half-ton Ford rival, which was also updated that year.
The 1967 and 1968 model years are each unique for a few reasons. The 1967 C/K trucks had a small rear window and no side marker lights, while the 1968 C/K pickups continued to use the grille integrated with the front fascia yet with the minimally visually intrusive side marker lights and a large back window.
Today, this generation of Chevrolet C10 and K10 are some of the most loved collector trucks extant, and for good reason. They are drop-dead gorgeous, have timeless styling, possess good build quality, and are easily drivable in modern traffic. Furthermore production numbers were large and they were home to several of the same engines used in popular Chevy cars, meaning maintenance, restoration, and upgrades are all relatively easy endeavors. All years of this generation of Chevy pickup were offered with either a stamped steel box floor or wood planking. When they were new working trucks, the steel floors tended to be more popular.
* We encourage telephone calls to discuss in greater details the condition/specifics of this Chevy. It is truly difficult to fully describe, in writing, the high quality of this particular C10 pickup and some of the small things that sets it apart from other "excellent" condition Chevy trucks.
* We will be glad to discuss a sale of the car prior to the end of the listing on eBay, and ask that interested parties call us at 925-846-1451 for additional information/specifics.
* The Chevy includes the factory hardtop along with a quality car cover (not shown in the photos)
* As with virtually all collector/specialty vehicles, we find that parts and resources are readily available for this (and most every vehicle), thanks in large part to the Internet!
* In addition to the purchase price of the vehicle, California buyers will be subject to sales tax, documentation fee, DMV transfer fees and license/registration. Out-of-state buyers will be responsible for the purchase price of the vehicle and any local taxes/fees will be the purchaser's responsibility to pay in their respective state.
IMPORTANT NOTE: if the vehicle is delivered or driven in California and driven on California roads, sales-tax, license registration and transfer fees will be assessed per California law.
* While we encourage telephone calls to discuss this vehicle in greater detail. Also, if you would prefer that we call you to answer any questions about the vehicle; shipping alternatives, etc. please e-mail us with your telephone number and will gladly get back in touch with you. Also, we encourage pre-inspections but ask that you contact us in advance since we are often times away from our offices.
* As with any collectible vehicle of this vintage we are unable to provide a warranty or guarantee of condition. However, we make every effort to accurately represent our vehicles, and highlight both positive items as well as areas that require attention. We ask that prospective buyers consider our eBay history/feedback, standing in the community, length of time in business, and other factors when purchasing a collectible vehicle from Classic Cars Ltd.
* Please keep in mind that, as with any used vehicle, minor cosmetic issues/flaws may be present that add to the "patina" of the car and are a part of even the best restoration, or even a relatively new, used "pre-owned" vehicle.
PURCHASING A COLLECTOR VEHICLE - THINGS TO CONSIDER
As always, we recommend that you carefully review the seller's background of any collector car being sold over the Internet. We believe that it is important to ask yourself a number of questions including, but not limited to:
- How long have they been in business?
- How much experience do they have with collector cars?
- How many positive collector car vehicle sales have completed (positive EBay feedback)?
- How detailed/complete is the description of the vehicle?
- Do the photos show details of the interior, exterior, top, chrome, etc. or are they simply "Glamour Shots" taken from a distance?
- Does the seller have a Surety Bond to protect the financial transaction?
- What about insurance, licensing by the state, and a local business license?
- Does the seller (if a business) have any DMV (Motor Vehicle) complaints and/or other history of legal action, grievances?
- Does the seller enjoy a favorable local and national/international reputation?
- Can the seller assist with funding sources, transport and out of state/country sales?
ABOUT CLASSIC CARS LTD.
* Classic Cars Ltd. has been in the same, small, California town for over 25 years. We operate a small "brick & mortar", indoor showroom, and specialize in the sale, consignment, and purchase of sports, high performance and specialty vehicles of all types. We have a particular interest in sports cars and unique vehicles.
* The majority of our vehicles come from local, private owners and collectors, and many were sold new in California. We appreciate that rust free cars, with excellent documentation and history are especially attractive to our buyers both locally, and around the country. As a result, we do not purchase our collectible cars from "distressed" sales, such as wholesale auctions, salvage sales, or lien sales. We do not sell vehicles with salvage titles, or those that have a history of significant accident damage or repair.
* Please review our feedback on eBay (user name Never22Many) representing over 930+ positive transactions to buyers all over the United States / World.
* We are fully insured, bonded, and licensed for collector car sales all over the United States/World.
* Classic Cars Ltd. carries a $50,000 Surety bond to cover financial transactions
* We enjoy excellent relationships with a number of transport companies and, as a result, can often times obtain preferred pricing for vehicle shipping. Please give us a call and we will be glad to refer you to suitable transport companies. Needless to say, we would recommend a quality, enclosed transporter that is experience with moving high quality, collectible cars.
* We frequently sell vehicles to out of State / out of country buyers, and will be glad to provide references for buyers in your area.
Classic Cars Ltd.
|Body Type / Style:||Truck
|Exterior Color:||Blue & White|
Exempt from CA Smog
Fresh Complete Engine Rebuild
Front Disc Brakes
Heater / Defroster
| ||Power Brakes|
Runs / Drives Very Well
Seat Belts (Front)
Sport Steering Wheel
Tremendous Attention to Detail