1971 Buick Skylark Custom
Beautiful Ebony Exterior &
Pearl White Interior & Convertible Top
Largely Stock Example with Tasteful
Cosmetic & Comfort Improvements
Factory 350c.i. V8, Automatic, Power Top, P/S, PB,
Stock Working Radio & Upgraded Glove Box Sound System
NOTE: Our listings sometimes get rather lengthy. However, we continually hear from out of state / out of country buyers (the majority of our clients) that they prefer the level of detail that we provide. However, if you are not prepared to read multiple pages of description, we ask that you review the "Specifications" on the car along with viewing the photos. And, yes, we are able to sell the car prior to the end of the eBay auction…please call us at 925-846-1451 with any questions regarding the car, Classic Cars Ltd., or transportation.
ALSO, PLEASE NOTE: EACH TIME WE LIST A VEHICLE ON eBay WE RECEIVE COMMENTS THAT THERE ARE NO PHOTOS OF THE INTERIOR, ENGINE, UNDERCARRIAGE, ETC. THERE ARE 100 PHOTOS OF ALL AREAS OF THE VEHICLE, BUT, WHEN YOU REACH WHAT APPEARS TO BE THE LAST PHOTO, YOU WILL NEED TO SCROLL TO VIEW THE REMAINING PHOTOS. IF YOU ARE STILL UNABLE TO SEE THE PHOTOS, PLEASE CALL US AT 925-846-1451 AND WE WILL PROVIDE A LINK FOR THE PHOTOS (IT IS A VIOLATION OF eBay POLICY TO LIST THE URL ON THE eBay LISTING)
Finally, all our photos are taken in a completely natural setting with no artificial lighting. We make every attempt to show every part of the vehicle and may have additional specific photos that we can make available upon request (we are only able to list 100 photos on our Website).
CLASSIC CARS LTD.
ABOUT THIS 1971 BUICK SKYLARK CUSTOM HISTORY
The Skylark comes to us, as do the large majority of our cars, from a local, long standing customer who owns a number of collector and specialty vehicles. He is thinning his collection to make room for an expensive addition to his small group of cars deciding that it is time for someone else to have the opportunity to enjoy the Buick.
The current owner acquired the Skylark 5 years ago from a long time buyer in Las Vegas who completed the high quality paint and body work and other improvements to bring it up to its current condition. As the photos suggest, the car is in absolutely beautiful condition with striking paint, Pearl interior, a very tidy engine compartment, trunk, and rust free underside and suspension components. Best of all, the Skylark runs and drives as good as it looks and is totally reliable and ready to enjoy with confidence.
Desirable options on the Skylark include:
- Factory 350c.i & Automatic
- Factory Power Windows
- Factory Power Steering
- Power Brakes
- AM Radio (& upgraded sound system in glove box)
- Power convertible top (Pearl white with matching boot cover)
- Factory in-dash tachometer
- Stainless steel wheel well trim
- Beautiful upgraded Buick wheels / excellent matching tires
The trim tag confirms the Buick as an authentic Buick Skylark "Custom" with code #44467.
THIS 1971 BUICK SKYLARK CUSTOM - CONDITION
This is an extremely nice example of a rare Buick Skylark Custom that reflects excellent care and restoration efforts over its lifetime. It shows attention to detail that separates many average to good condition cars from quality, well maintained excellent West Coast collectibles like this Buick Skylark.
Based on the beautiful quality of the paint, interior, and drive-line components, this Buick is a car that could be used on a regular basis and also taken tot car shows, and gatherings. It represents a lovely example is a striking color combination and is reliable and mechanically well sorted. The car has not been modified from a mechanical perspective and only attractive cosmetic upgrades have been added. It is a Not only is the car reliable, it is very solid, rattle free and instill confidence. The ‽ ” is totally turn- key, has been full sorted and is ready to enjoy for the upcoming 2018 season.
The Buick's paint rates very high. It is free from orange peel and other noticeable defects and shows no signs of partial repainting. The body is laser straight & solid, and the undercarriage (photos shown) is dry with absolutely no rust through, damage to the frame, or suspension components.
The body on the Skylark is free from dents and other damage and, as a fair weather, weekend car. As a limited use vehicle, it remains free from parking lot dents and road rash on the front. The bumpers are straight, free from damage, and the chrome is excellent. Also, inspection of the other exterior parts of the car (emblems, grill, trim, etc.) shows them to be in absolutely beautiful condition. The photos accurately describe the cars condition, and our 25 year reputation supports our description of the quality of this example.
The doors, hood, and trunk gaps are very good and close / lock securely. The doors do not sag, and, of course, the hinges are solid and rust free. The undersides of the hood and trunk are free from rust, dirt and grease and in excellent condition. The entire engine bay is very clean and reflects excellent maintenance. It has not been detailed for show but cared for in this manner by its mature owner/driver.
The glass on the car is free from cracks and the rubber and felt trim are excellent having been replaced during the restoration.
The Skylark drivability reflects the considerable care that the car has received over the course of the last 47 years (difficult to believe, but true!). It starts immediately under all conditions, and runs cool, even in the 100+ degree weather in Northern California. The Buick idles smoothly at 800 rpm (fitted with an in-dash factory tachometer) with no hesitation upon acceleration. It shifts smoothly, the transmission does not slip, and there is no noise in the drive-line. The Buick has excellent power, stops and steers straight and does not pull, or wander. Upgraded disc brakes ensure that the car stops straight and sure. The parking brake works and is properly adjusted.
The transmission is free from any issues and there are no signs of slipping, noise, or shifting issues. The remainder of the cars drive-line components is equally as good.
The car does not leak excessive fluids, is smoke free, and the engine sounds great. The car is fitted with dual exhaust giving it the perfect sound. The charging system is fully operational and the Buick holds a charge even after sitting for a prolonged period of time.
The heating & defrosting system is completely functional. Lighting systems are operational including lights, turn signals, high beams, dash lights, etc.
The spare is mounted in the trunk and includes the factory jack.
HISTORY OF THE 1971 BUICK SKYLARK
A restyled A-body appeared for the 1968 Skylark that received subtle body styling improvements through 1971. Earlier Skylarks offered either a six or eight cylinders but by 1971, the engine options included the upgraded, venerable 350 cubic-inch V8. Both base Skylarks and upscale models were offered as hardtops and desirable convertibles
Buick Skylark 2-Door Convertible Specifications:
- Length: 5161 mm / 203.2 in
- Width: 1963 mm / 77.3 in
- Height: 1354 mm / 53.3 in
- Wheelbase: 2845 mm / 112 in
- Front track: 1549 mm / 61 in
- Rear track: 1524 mm / 60 in
- Ground clearance: 140 mm / 5.5 in
* We encourage telephone calls to discuss in greater details the condition/specifics of this Buick. It is truly difficult to fully describe, in writing, the high quality of this particular Skylark and some of the small things that set it apart from other "excellent" condition Buick's.
* We will be glad to discuss a sale of the car prior to the end of the listing on eBay, and ask that interested parties call us at 925-846-1451 for additional information/specifics.
* As with virtually all collector/specialty vehicles, we find that parts and resources are readily available for this (and most every vehicle), thanks in large part to the Internet
* In addition to the purchase price of the vehicle, California buyers will be subject to sales tax, documentation fee, DMV transfer fees and license/registration. Out-of-state buyers will be responsible for the purchase price of the vehicle and any local taxes/fees will be the purchaser's responsibility to pay in their respective state.
IMPORTANT NOTE: if the vehicle is delivered or driven in California and driven on California roads, sales-tax, license registration and transfer fees will be added per California law.
* While we encourage telephone calls to discuss this vehicle in greater detail we will not respond to inquiries asking "What is the reserve". Also, if you would prefer that we call you to answer any questions about the vehicle; shipping alternatives, etc. please e-mail us with your telephone number and will gladly get back in touch with you. Also, we encourage pre-inspections but ask that you contact us in advance since we are often times away from our offices.
* As with any collectible vehicle of this vintage we are unable to provide a warranty or guarantee of condition. However, we make every effort to accurately represent our vehicles, and highlight both positive items as well as areas that require attention. We ask that prospective buyers consider our eBay history/feedback, standing in the community, length of time in business , and other factors when purchasing a collectible vehicle from Classic Cars Ltd.
* Please keep in mind that, as with any used vehicle, minor cosmetic issues/flaws may be present that add to the "patina" of the car and are a part of even the best restoration, or even a relatively new, used "pre-owned" vehicle.
PURCHASING A COLLECTOR VEHICLE - THINGS TO CONSIDER
As always, we recommend that you carefully review the seller's background of any collector car being sold over the Internet. We believe that it is important to ask yourself a number of questions including, but not limited to:
- How long have they been in business?
- How much experience do they have with collector cars?
- How many positive collector car vehicle sales have completed (positive EBay feedback)?
- How detailed/complete is the description of the vehicle?
- Do the photos show details of the interior, exterior, top, chrome, etc. or are they simply "Glamour Shots" taken from a distance?
- Does the seller have a Surety Bond to protect the financial transaction?
- What about insurance, licensing by the state, and a local business license?
- Does the seller (if a business) have any DMV (Motor Vehicle) complaints and/or other history of legal action, grievances?
- Does the seller enjoy a favorable local and national/international reputation?
- Can the seller assist with funding sources, transport and out of state/country sales?
ABOUT CLASSIC CARS LTD.
* Classic Cars Ltd. has been in the same, small, California town for over 25 years. We operate a small "brick & mortar", indoor showroom, and specialize in the sale, consignment, and purchase of sports, high performance and specialty vehicles of all types. We have a particular interest in sports cars and unique vehicles.
* The majority of our vehicles come from local, private owners and collectors, and many were sold new in California. We appreciate that rust free cars, with excellent documentation and history are especially attractive to our buyers both locally, and around the country. As a result, we do not purchase our collectible cars from "distressed" sales, such as wholesale auctions, salvage sales, or lien sales. We do not sell vehicles with salvage titles, or those that have a history of significant accident damage or repair.
* Please review our feedback on eBay (user name Never22Many) representing over 930+ positive transactions to buyers all over the United States / World.
* We are fully insured, bonded, and licensed for collector car sales all over the United States/World.
* Classic Cars Ltd. carries a $50,000 Surety bond to cover financial transactions
* We enjoy excellent relationships with a number of transport companies and, as a result, can often times obtain preferred pricing for vehicle shipping. Please give us a call and we will be glad to refer you to suitable transport companies. Needless to say, we would recommend a quality, enclosed transporter that is experience with moving high quality, collectible cars.
* We frequently sell vehicles to out of State / out of country buyers, and will be glad to provide references for buyers in your area.
Classic Cars Ltd.
|Body Type / Style:||Convertible
California Lic & Reg
Clear Title Included
Dual Side Mirrors
Exempt From Smog in California
Factory AM Radio
Front Disc Brakes
Front Rubber Mats
Heater / Defroster
| ||Heater / Defroster|
Rear Seat Belts
Runs / Drives Very Well
Seat Belts (Frt. & Rear)
350c.i / Automatic