1967 Chevrolet Camaro RS/SS Convertible Big Block
High End Restoration- Correct RS /SS
4-Speed "Big Block” - 396 c.i. Convertible
Trim Code Numbers Matching Bolero Red, Bolero Red, Deluxe Interior, Power Top, P/S/, P/B, Rally Wheels, Redlines, 100% Stock Configuration
Includes Maintenance / Build History, Original Owner's Manual / Repair & Restoration Manuals, Clear California Title and Many Other Extras!
NOTE: Our listings sometimes get rather lengthy. However, we continually hear from out of state / out of country buyers (many of our clients) that they prefer the level of detail that we provide. However, if you are not prepared to read multiple pages of description, we ask that you review the ‽Overview” on the car along with viewing the photos. Also, if you'd prefer, please call us at 925-846-1451 and we'll gladly discuss the Camaro and answer any questions over the telephone, including about our Buy it Now policies. Yes, the Camaro RS/SS can be purchased prior to the end of the eBay auction. Again, please give us a call for details.
ALSO, PLEASE NOTE: EACH TIME WE LIST A VEHICLE ON EBAY WE RECEIVE COMMENTS THAT THERE ARE NO PHOTOS OF THE INTERIOR, ENGINE, UNDERCARRIAGE, ETC. OF THE CAR. THERE ARE 100 PHOTOS OF ALL AREAS OF THE CAR BUT, WHEN YOU REACH WHAT APPEARS TO BE THE LAST PHOTO, YOU WILL NEED TO SCROLL TO VIEW THE REMAINING PHOTOS. IF YOU ARE STILL UNABLE TO SEE THE PHOTOS, PLEASE CALL US AND WE WILL PROVIDE A LINK FOR THE PHOTOS (IT IS A VIOLATION OF EBAY POLICY TO LIST THE URL ON THE EBAY LISTING).
All of our photos are taken in natural light and we do not ‽Photo-Shop” our photos. The cosmetic quality of this 1967 Camaro (both inside & out) is outstanding and the photos accurately reflect the condition of this spectacular & desirable late 60's Muscle Car.
The "madness” of various auctions continues around the country. We often times see a wide range of collectible cars / special interest cars sell for inflated amounts in the ‽heat of the moment.” This Camaro is offered at a realistic price considering the cars quality & history and, unlike bidding on cars in an auction environment, you will have the benefit of extensive information & history on the car prior to making a buying decision. Should you have an interest in a pre-purchase inspection, we encourage a thorough examination of the Camaro.
Equally as important is the fact that Classic Cars Ltd. has been in business for 25+ years and enjoys an excellent national / international relationship with close to 1,000 lifetime positive eBay feedback items. We can provide references in addition to those left by customers at Yahoo Reviews, Classic Cars Ltd. Pleasanton, CA. (Please enter this information in Google to read our reviews)
CLASSIC CARS LTD.
OVERVIEW OF THE 1967 CAMARO RS/SS 4-SPEED CONVERTIBLE
Before we begin with a rather lengthy history of this particular RS/SS, we want to point out a few important significant differences between this '67 Camaro and others that may be offered in the market today (Additional details regarding the Camaro can be found later in the listing).
This desirable, first generation Camaro has a unique combination of features that separates it from other examples available in today's marketplace. Not only is it a rare 4-speed, one of an estimated 10% of Camaro's produced for 1967. When the Camaro was introduced on September 26, 1966, as a 1967 model, the 396c.i was not offered making this example one of approximately 1,138 "big blocks” produced of close to 20,000 Camaro convertibles for 1967. Adding to the cars uniqueness is the combination of the 4-speed, 396c.i. engine, convertible, and desirable Bolero color.
In considering a correct RS/SS, big block 4-speed Camaro, we believe we feel it is essential that the Trim Tag and VIN Tag be clearly decoded to ensure no surprises. The "tags” decode as follows:
Line 1: 04 = April (Build Month) D = 4th Week (Build Week) E = Black (Interior Color)
Line 2: 67 (Model Year) 12667 = Convertible, Deluxe Interior, NOR = Norwood Production Plant, 113983 (Fisher Body)
Line 3: 765 = Black Dlx Buckets w/o Headrests, R= Bolero Red, 2 = Black Fabric Top
Line 4: Group 1 Data: ED = Power Top & Tinted Windows
Group 2 Data: 2LG = 4-Speed Floor Manual Transmission & Center Console
Group 3 Data: 3SKL = Rally Sport, Interior Décor Group, & Style Trim Group
Line 5: Group 4 Data: 4N = 325 HP / 396CID
5Y = Deluxe Seat Belts
VIN # DECODING
12467 = Chevy Camaro V8 Convertible - 2 Door 1967
7 = 1967
N = Norwood Assembly Plant Sequential Production Unit Number 213830
To clarify, some of the items that are part of the various packages listed above as part of the trim tag and currently on the Camaro RS/SS include:
- Super Sport (SS) with 396c.i. / 325 hp Engine (RPO #L35)
- 4-Speed GM Muncie transmission with Hurst era shifter (RPO M20)
- Factory RS Package (RPO Z22)
- Factory SS package (RPO
- Factory console
- Gauge panel with fully functional gauges
- Posi-traction differential (RPO C80)
- Factory power steering (RPO N40)
- Power front disc brakes (RPO J52)
- Factory Deluxe interior with proper white stripping trim
- Factory "as produced” Bolero red with white SS "nose bumble bee” stripe
- Front & rear bumper guards (RPO
- Stainless steel wheel trim
- Dual side logo Chevy log mirrors
- Rally wheels
- Redline tires
The Camaro also comes with excellent restoration, maintenance and recent service history and includes:
- Clear California Tile
- Original Factory, Properly Dated Owner's Manual
- Original 1967 Custom Feature Optional Accessory Booklet
- Brochure - 1967 Camaro Illustrated Facts
- Chevrolet Camaro SS & Z/28 1966 - 1973 (including Road Tests, Comparisons, Data
- Camaro Restoration Handbook
- Big Book of Camaro Data 1967 - 1973
- Chilton General Motors Repair Manual
- Black (recreation) license plates "RSSS396”
We regularly see Chevy's that have been modified, abused and mistreated over the years and have been "driven hard and put away wet.” Not only is this car a completely fresh frame off restoration the car has been sorted mechanically and needs nothing to be used, enjoyed and shown at car events. This Camaro RS/SS will be extremely well received at any cruise-in, tour, and, at a car show has considerable potential for gathering more than its share of awards / trophies.
CONDITION SUMMARY - 1967 CAMARO SS/RS ‽BIG BLOCK” 4-SPEED
This 1967 Camaro SS/RS 396 c.i. was restored to a very high level and remains in virtually "as restored” condition. The timeless proportions of the 1st generation Camaro are not only inherently attractive, but, unlike lower quality restorations, this car has nice panel fit, including doors, hood, and trunk gaps. Everything fits and lines up great and doors open and shut nicely. The paint is exceptional, laid totally flat and free from orange peel and virtually any significant imperfections in no way detract from the cars appearance. Exterior trim is equally as good with bright, pit free chrome, and exterior aluminum trim. Perhaps most important, the car shows no signs of rust anywhere on the body, suspension, frame, or undercarriage.
The engine compartment and undercarriage is immaculate and highly detailed throughout with all of the factory markings, tags etc. This car has been gone through from front to back & top to bottom...New fuel tank, lines, hoses, brakes, rotors, calipers, brake lines, hoses, filters, gaskets, bushings, lights, interior, and too much to list, all done to a high standard and focus on maintaining the integrity and original appearance of the Camaro RS?SS.
MECHANICAL DETAILS / BUILD
Considerable care was taken to maintain the car true to its original build specifications down to and including the original Muncie 4-speed transmission and period correct 396c.i. / 325 hp "big block” engine. The engine is properly fitted with chrome, open-element air cleaner, a color-keyed intake, and a correct Quadrajet 4-barrel carburetor. At the sides of that factory 396 intake, factory heads hang polished valve covers over correct 396 exhaust manifolds. At the back of the heads, an upgraded, but discreetly concealed MSD electronic ignition distributor for improved spark through improved cables. The ancillary components are highest quality, including GM-branded hoses, a refinished brake booster and a fresh, Delco-topped battery cover, and a correctly shrouded radiator. And an evenly sprayed and correct combination of Chevy Orange skin and Satin Black framing is carefully interrupted by a variety of correct decals.
When it comes to the Drive-train and suspension it is appropriate that the 396c.i engine is mated to a GM Muncie, 4-speed floor mounted factory proper transmission and a posi-traction rear. The suspension components have been recently improved event further and feature (< 1,000 miles) the following:
- New suspension including Eaton Detroit rear Monoleaf springs (Chevy blueprint design)
- Power front disc braking system including master cylinder, pads/shoes, wheel cylinders, stainless brake lines/kit (completely gone through to meet the stringent safety requirements of the owner)
- Factory spec-power steering
- New shocks all around
- New OE coil springs and rear leaf springs, shackles, etc.
- New alternator & fan clutch
- New alternator
- Proper Gardner dual exhaust system
- New correct style transversely mounted muffler
- Proper and correctly mounted fuel tank
- Chevy Rally wheels & D70-14” BF Goodrich Redline tires
- Dent free trim rings with correct rallye caps
- Restored and detailed undercarriage, trunk, engine compartment (refer to detailed photos)
Receipts for all above work are included along with original owner's manual, repair books, technical books, and informational periodicals pertaining to the 1967 Camaro RS/SS
At the front of this RS/SS, a black Rally Sport grille centers bright ‽SS 396” lettering between a fresh header emblem, '67-exclusive parking lamps and a fully guarded bumper. Above that grille, a louvered hood leads the eye to like-new glass that's bordered by straight trim, and a pliable, damage soft top roof. At the sides of the hood, sculpted fenders and dent-free rocker guards combine with a polished mirror, traditional door handles and an array of correct emblems to add final details to a striking, high quality Bolero factory correct paint. And at rear, are housed stock Rally Sport-exclusive taillights and subtle rear spoiler, black illuminate Camaro-branded trunk, an ‽SS” branded fuel cap and a second guarded bumper.
The Camaro's deluxe interior codes factory correct and is an upgrade from the basic, entry level interior of the day. The black seats with white trim are a lovely accent to the cars Bolero red exterior and black convertible top. The seats are solid, look fantastic and have been completely restored. A Delco push-button radio is in place with a modern AM/FM CD-Player nicely concealed with the glove box. A correct optional console houses a simple chrome shifter behind small accessory gauges. The seat, dash and console trifecta is completely surrounded by fade-free carpet, Fisher-branded lap belts and deluxe door panels. A familiar steering wheel includes satin spokes, and a Chevrolet centerpiece. Behind the passengers, a rear seat leads to a solid trunk that's been correctly restored with a proper mat, jack, and deck-lid decals.
Mechanically, the car is very strong and runs and drives very well. The undercarriage is clean and details include original factory markings and tags on selected components. The car's ‽big block”, high horsepower 396 c.i certainly does not disappoint delivers the kind of performance and torque that is unique to the big V8's of the 1960's and 1970's.
Everything on this vehicle works properly the Camaro runs great. The engine and transmission are in excellent running order. All lights wipers, horn, signals etc. function as designed including the head light doors open and close quickly as they should. The car hits the street 110% and has NO mechanical issues!
The recent California safety inspection, completed within the past 50 miles, resulted in a clean ‽Bill of Health.” Comments from the mechanic, a muscle car specialist and enthusiast, included: It's refreshing to see a properly restored, big-block convertible that has remains in virtually stock condition.” As a 1967 model year, the Camaro is exempt from California smog, and is likely exempt from smog inspections in virtually every U.S. state and country. Of course, the car comes with a clear California title / registration and, for California buyers; the registration is valid until September, 2018.
In addition to being a beautifully restored car, this car will appeal to the muscle car / Camaro enthusiasts who have one thing on their minds…..performance. In the most positive sense, this car epitomizes the no frills, higher performance 60's muscle cars that were not weighted down with heavy unnecessary options.
FIRST GENERATION 1967 CAMARO RS/SS HISTORY
In 1964, GM gave the go-ahead for their very own ‽Pony Car” to directly compete with the Mustang. Two years later, and the Chevrolet Camaro was ready for purchase.
From its start, the Camaro was available in hardtop or convertible, three different option packages with nearly 80 different factory options, and 40 dealer accessories, and four different options.
It was first marketed as a ‽road machine” and promised buyers ‽wide stance stability, and big car power,” but in reality, it was more of a ‽Junior Corvette” that gave the family man with a hunkering for a real sports car the opportunity to buy one with four seats.
The sought after RS package included numerous cosmetic changes including a blacked-out grill with hidden headlights, revised parking and taillights, upgraded interior trim, and RS badging.
The SS package contained a modified 350 V8 with a mid-year available 396 producing 325 hp. The ‽big block” also included simulated air intakes on the hood, special bumble bee striping, and a blacked-out grill. Those buyers seeking the highest optioned examples of high performance trim, and convenience features could order the Camaro as an RS/SS.
MISCELLANEOUS GENERAL INFORMATION
- We have a number of additional, detailed photographs but are only able to show 100~ on our listings. Please let us know if we can provide additional detailed photos of any part of the Camaro.
- We have been shipping vehicles for years and have established excellent contacts that are not only high quality but very price competitive. We do not use brokers, terminal shipping or other discount methods. Call us or email for a quote directly to your home or office. We are often able to obtain quality enclosed transportation (the kind of travel this car deserves) for the cost of open shipping.
- As with virtually all collector/specialty vehicles, we find that parts and resources are readily available for this (and most every vehicle), thanks in large part to the Internet!
- In addition to the purchase price of the vehicle, California buyers will be subject to sales tax, documentation fee, DMV transfer fees and license/registration. Out-of-state buyers will be responsible for the purchase price of the vehicle and any local taxes/fees will be the purchaser's responsibility to pay in their respective state. IMPORTANT NOTE: If the vehicle is delivered or driven in California and driven on California roads, sales-tax, license registration and transfer fees will be assessed per California law.
- We encourage telephone calls to discuss this vehicle in greater detail. Also, if you would prefer that we call you to answer any questions about the vehicle; shipping alternatives, etc. please e-mail us with your telephone number and will gladly get back in touch with you.
- As with any collectible vehicle of this vintage we are unable to provide a warranty or guarantee of condition. However, we make every effort to accurately represent our vehicles, and highlight both positive items as well as areas that require attention. We ask that prospective buyers consider our eBay history/feedback, standing in the community, length of time in business, and other factors when purchasing a collectible vehicle from Classic Cars Ltd.
- Please keep in mind that minor cosmetic issues/flaws may be present on every vehicle (regardless of cost) including small chips, nicks, scratches, etc. that can be seen on even the best restoration, or even a relatively new, used "pre-owned" vehicle. Also, ownership of a collectible / specialty vehicle is more enjoyable if the owner is familiar with the "realities" of these unique cars. Unlike more modern day vehicles, these cars require regular, ongoing care/maintenance and some mechanical knowledge, patience, and understanding can make the experience considerably more pleasant. That said, collector / "specialty" car owners will tell you (emphatically) that they love their cars and wouldn't trade them for anything!!
- The information contained in this description is believed to be accurate but, in some instances, has been provided by the car's owner / owners or outside sources. As a result, we are unable to guarantee the accuracy of the information. We encourage verification of ‽numbers” and significant data prior to the purchase of any collector vehicle that you are considering.
PURCHASING A COLLECTOR VEHICLE - THINGS TO CONSIDER
- As always, we recommend that you carefully review the seller's background of any collector car being sold over the Internet. We believe that it is important to ask yourself a number of questions including, but not limited to:
- How long have they been in business?
- How much experience do they have with collector cars?
- How many positive collector car vehicle sales have completed (positive eBay feedback)?
- How detailed/complete is the description of the vehicle?
- Do the photos show details of the interior, exterior, top, chrome, etc. or are they simply "Glamour Shots" taken from a distance?
- Does the seller have a Surety Bond to protect the financial transaction?
- What about insurance, licensing by the state, and a local business license?
- Does the seller (if a business) have any DMV (Motor Vehicle) complaints and/or other history of legal action, grievances?
- Does the seller enjoy a favorable local and national/international reputation?
- Can the seller assist with funding sources, transport and out of state/country sales?
ABOUT CLASSIC CARS LTD.
- Classic Cars Ltd. has been in the same, small, California town for over 25 years. We operate a small "brick & mortar", indoor showroom, and specialize in the sale, consignment, and purchase of sports, high performance and specialty vehicles of all types. We have a particular interest in sports cars and unique vehicles.
- The majority of our vehicles come from local, private owners and collectors, and many were sold new in California. We appreciate that rust free cars, with excellent documentation and history are especially attractive to our buyers both locally, and around the country. As a result, we do not purchase our collectible cars from "distressed" sales, such as wholesale auctions, salvage sales, or lien sales. We do not sell vehicles with salvage titles, or those that have a history of significant accident damage or repair.
- Please review our feedback on eBay (user name Never22Many) representing over 975 positive transactions to buyers all over the United States / World.
- We are fully insured, bonded, and licensed for collector car sales all over the United States/World.
- Classic Cars Ltd. carries a $50,000 Surety bond to cover financial transactions
- We frequently sell vehicles to out of State / out of country buyers, and will be glad to provide references for buyers in your area.
Classic Cars Ltd.
|Body Type / Style:||Coupe
|Exterior Color:||Bolero Red|
|Interior Color:||Deluxe Black|
California Lic & Reg
Convertible Boot Cover
Dual Side Mirrors
Exempt From Smog in California
Factory Bucket Seats
Factory Power Top
Factory Seat Belts
Front Disc Brakes
Front Sway Bar
Highly Detailed Trunk
| ||Interior Light|
Muncie 4 Speed-M20
New Interior (seats)
Original Owners Manual
Period AM Radio
Rally Sport / Super Sport
Runs / Drives Very Well
Trim Code Matching Car
NO rust, just residue from mat