1969 Dodge Charger R/T
Original Restored- Numbers Matching Including Engine & Transmission
1969 Charger R/T 440 c.i. / 375 hp`& TorqueFlight
Numbers Matching Including Engine & Transmission, Trim Code Correct, Power Windows, P/S/, P/B, Period American Rally Wheels,
100% Stock Configuration
Includes Maintenance History, Take-Off & Spare Parts
Long Time Mopar Collector / Owner - Clear California Title
NOTE: Our listings sometimes get rather lengthy. However, we continually hear from out of state / out of country buyers (many of our clients) that they prefer the level of detail that we provide. However, if you are not prepared to read multiple pages of description, we ask that you review the ‽Overview” on the car along with viewing the photos. Also, if you'd prefer, please call us at 925-846-1451 and we'll gladly discuss the Charger and answer any questions over the telephone, including about our Buy it Now policies. Yes, the Charger R/T can be purchased prior to the end of the eBay auction. Again, please give us a call for details.
ALSO, PLEASE NOTE: EACH TIME WE LIST A VEHICLE ON EBAY WE RECEIVE COMMENTS THAT THERE ARE NO PHOTOS OF THE INTERIOR, ENGINE, UNDERCARRIAGE, ETC. OF THE CAR. THERE ARE 100 PHOTOS OF ALL AREAS OF THE CAR BUT, WHEN YOU REACH WHAT APPEARS TO BE THE LAST PHOTO, YOU WILL NEED TO SCROLL TO VIEW THE REMAINING PHOTOS. IF YOU ARE STILL UNABLE TO SEE THE PHOTOS, PLEASE CALL US AND WE WILL PROVIDE A LINK FOR THE PHOTOS (IT IS A VIOLATION OF EBAY POLICY TO LIST THE URL ON THE EBAY LISTING).
All of our photos are taken in natural light and we do not ‽Photo-Shop” our photos. The cosmetic quality of this 1969 Charger (both inside & out) is excellent, and the photos accurately reflect the condition of this spectacular & desirable late 60's Mopar Muscle Car.
The "madness” of various auctions continues around the country. We often times see a wide range of collectible cars / special interest cars sell for inflated amounts in the ‽heat of the moment.” This Charger R/T is offered at a realistic price considering the cars quality & history and, unlike bidding on cars in an auction environment, you will have the benefit of extensive information & history on the car prior to making a buying decision. Should you have an interest in a pre-purchase inspection, we encourage a thorough examination of the Charger R/T.
Equally as important is the fact that Classic Cars Ltd. has been in business for 25+ years and enjoys an excellent national / international relationship with close to 1,000 lifetime positive eBay feedback items. We can provide references in addition to those left by customers at Yahoo Reviews, Classic Cars Ltd. Pleasanton, CA. (Please enter this information in Google to read our reviews)
CLASSIC CARS LTD.
OVERVIEW OF THE 1969 Charger R/T
The 1969 Dodge Charger presented perhaps the widest array of choices in the history of the nameplate. There was a base model, an available SE (for "Special Edition") option that heaped on more luxuries and a hot-performing R/T version. Engine choices covered a wide range including Chrysler's trusty 225-cid Slant Six, but also included five V-8s, including the highest horsepower examples, the 440 c.i. and the 426cid "Street Hemi." Depending on the model, available transmissions were three- and four-speed manuals, plus the excellent three-speed TorqueFlite automatic.
Given all these choices, it's perhaps ironic that the car came in just one body style, a two-door hardtop. The 1969 Dodge Charger was an update of the completely restyled '68 model, which meant it was built on a 117-inch wheelbase with Chrysler's familiar torsion-bar suspension up front and leaf springs in the back. New styling touches for base and R/T Chargers included a vertical center divider in the grille and horizontal taillights.
Although the 440 was used in many applications, the Magnum 440 cid version under the '69 R/T's long hood featured a Carter AVS four-barrel carburetor, a more aggressive camshaft, revised cylinder heads and freer-flowing exhaust manifolds to better feed the eager dual exhausts. The standard transmission on the R/T was Chrysler's heavy-duty A727 TorqueFlite three-speed automatic. The 440/TorqueFlite combination offered enough juice to propel an R/T down New York National Speedway's strip in 13.94 seconds at 102 MPH. Breaking into the 13s with a trap speed over the century mark is no mean feat for a stock four-barrel 440 car.
This car retains its original 440c.i. numbers matching engine and transmission and many other original components (photos of key ID plates contained in listing). Details regarding the cars build, engine, transmission and casting numbers are listed below.
2 Door Sport Hardtop
L98: 440 / 375 HP 1- 4BBL, 8 Cylinder
Location Produced: Dodge Main, Hamtramck, MI, USA
128096: Production Sequence Number
E86: 440 cid 4 barrel V8 (High Performance) 375 hp
D32: Heavy Duty Automatic Transmission
R4: Bright Red Exterior
GX5: Trim: Unknown, Unknown Color
X9: Black Interior / Door Frames
904: Build Date: September 04
VIN # DECODING
XS = 1968-1969 Charger R/T X = Charger, S = R/T
29 = Body Style = Two Door Charger
L = 440 ci V-8, 375 hp
9 = Model Year (1969)
B = Assembly Location (Hamtrack, MI)
128096 = Production Sequence
The engine / transmission numbers on the Charger R/T match and many other ancillary components are also original or NOS replacements. with details as follows:
- Engine Pad #'s = D = High Performance (440cid / 375hp), 69 = Year Produced B = Oversized bearings (Refer to photo)
- Casting Number = 2536430 / 440cid RB 1966-1972 440 (Refer to photo)
- Transmission # = Stamped with VIN # XS29L9B128096 (Refer to photo)
Highlights of the 1969 Dodge Charger R/T include:
- Factory "As produced” ‽Bright Red” / Black interior (no vinyl top)
- Factory Produced R/T
- 440cid / 375 hp (#'s Match)
- Produced with oversized bearings
- TorqueFlight Transmission (Matching #'s)
- Factory Power windows
- Factory Power Steering
- Factory Power Disc Brakes
- In-dash gauges
- Upgraded front & rear sway bars (Hotchkis) / suspension
- Spin Tech mufflers
- Dual side mirrors
- Period American Racing Wheels
- BFGoodrich Radial T/A tires
The Charger R/T also comes with excellent restoration, maintenance and recent service history and includes:
- Clear California Tile
- Extensive documentation of repairs, restoration, and maintenance
- Spare parts including the original carburetor and too many other parts to leist
We regularly see Charger's that have been modified, abused and mistreated over the years and have been "driven hard and put away wet.” Not only is this car stock in virtually every respect, it has been sorted mechanically and needs nothing to be used, enjoyed and shown at car events. Cosmetically, the car is absolutely beautiful and every indication is that it retains its original sheet metal; factory issued orange paint (Color code R4) and black interior. This rare Charger R/T 440cid will be extremely well received at any cruise-in, tour, and, at a car show has considerable potential for gathering more than its share of awards / trophies.
CONDITION SUMMARY - 1969 CHARGER R/T 440cid
This desirable 1969 Dodge Charge R/T represents a wonderful blend of originality and restored. Unlike so many muscle cars of the era, the car has remained in virtually stock configuration and retains its original, 440cid engine. Considerable effort was made to ensure that the Charger was restored cosmetically and mechanically with the goal of retaining the cars original appearance and mechanical configuration. The timeless proportions of the sought after Coke Bottle designed” Charger are not only inherently "attractive, but, unlike lower quality restorations, this car has excellent panel fit, including doors, hood, and trunk gaps. Doors close solidly, and lock, and the large body panels are straight, and damage free. The paint is excellent, laid evenly with no signs of partial repainting since the car received a complete respray in its original color. There are no significant imperfections that detract from the cars appearance. Exterior trim is equally as good with bright chrome, and exterior aluminum trim. Perhaps most important, the cars frame, undercarriage and body do not show rust that is so prevalent on cars from the Midwest, East Coast and other ‽rust zones” around the world.
The engine compartment, undercarriage and trunk are immaculate and highly detailed with many original components or NOS parts. throughout with all of the factory markings, tags etc. This car has been gone through from front to back & top to bottom...New fuel tank, lines, hoses, brakes, rotors, calipers, brake lines, hoses, filters, gaskets, bushings, lights, interior, and too much to list, all done to a high standard and focus on maintaining the integrity and original appearance of the Charger R/T.
MECHANICAL DETAILS / BUILD
Considerable care was taken to maintain the car true to its original build specifications down to and including the TorqueFlight and #'s matching 440 cid / 375 hp ‽big block” engine and factory supplied #'s matching transmission. The engine is retains virtually all of its original factory trim including the proper ‽440” air cleaner, and other ancillary parts. While the 4bbl carburetor has been upgraded with an Edelbrock Performer Series Carburetor, the original carburetor for the car is included along with a number of spare parts. The engine compartment is highly detailed, painted in factory proper BBright Red -(Code R4), and free from grease, and oil. The engine shows recently replaced items including a new alternator and voltage regulator as part of ongoing maintenance and care.
While the repair history / maintenance file is too extensive to list in detail a summary of recent work is as follows:
- New alternator / voltage regulator
- Oil service (within 200 miles)
- Complete cooling system flush replace coolant (< 300 miles)
- New front brake pads and calipers (<300 miles)
- New oil pump (<300 miles)
- Complete oil service (< 400 miles ago)
- Complete oil service / lube (< 500 miles ago)
- New 3-core radiator & new hoses, fan blade & water pump (<1,000 miles ago)
- 4-wheel Wheel alignment
- Complete transmission rebuild, new front yoke and u-joints (<2,000 miles)
- New plug wires, coil
- New Alpine stereo system, speakers
- Replace rear view mirror with Mopar unit
- Complete oil / lube
- New spark plugs / tune-up (<2,500 miles)
- Replace headlight switch, check all lighting and charging system - 100% (<1,300 miles)
- Clean fuel tank and all connections, new fuel sending unit
- Complete dash restoration including replacement of correct dash cluster, gauges and repair
- New carpet and insulation
- New oil & water pressure switch
- Oil service (<3,000 miles)
- New starter relay
- New battery
- Hotchkis sport suspension Sway Bars
- Hotchkis Tuned Shocks
- New Edelbrock Performer Series Carburetor (Original carburetor included)
- Replacement CSCQ circuit board
- Complete custom exhaust system - (<3,500 miles)
Please note that we have not listed all of the items but provide this summary to give the interested new owner an idea of the care this Charger R/T has been treated to by its very particular owner.
At the front of this Charger, a black grill surrounded by aluminum / stainless trim, with fully functional hidden headlights and the ‽Charger R/T” that is a hint that this #'s matching Charger R/T is fitted with a high horsepower 440 c.i. V8. Below the bumper are stock driving lights and on top of the hood, working lights that are illuminated when the turn signals are activated. Above that grille, a stock hood leads the eye to like-new glass that's bordered by straight trim, and proper aluminum wipers. At the sides of the hood, sculpted fenders include tasteful fender trim and the wheels wells are filled up with period American Racing wheels mounted with BF Goodrich Radial T/A matching tires. The rear left fender sports a quick fill, stock gas cap emblazoned with ‽Fuel.” And at back are the classic Charger taillights and blacked out center section with a red R/T for all to see who attempt to mix it up with this Charger R/T. The Californian personalized plate is the final touch displaying "69CHGRT.”
The Charger R/T's deluxe interior codes factory correct and has the center arm rest and space for a 3rd passenger in the middle when the arm rest is in he up position. The entire interior is in beautiful condition having been completely restored to stock configuration. The seats are solid, look fantastic and have been completely restored. A modern AM/FM CD-Player is fitted in the stock radio opening in the dash. Seat belts are fitted for the front and rear passengers although the clumsy roof mounted shoulder harnesses have been removed. A familiar look steering wheel includes a Dodge centerpiece. Behind the passengers, a rear seat leads to a solid trunk that's been correctly restored with a proper mat, an spare tire/wheel.
Mechanically, the car is incredibly strong and represents the best Mopar produce that we have driven in many, many years. The cars
'big block”, 375 horsepower 440 c.i. certainly does not disappoint delivers the kind of performance and torque that is unique to the big V8's of the 1960's and 1970's.
Everything on this vehicle works properly, down to the in-dash clock. The Charger R/T runs incredibly well, starts immediately under all conditions and does not smoke, or leak excessive fluids. The engine and transmission are in excellent running order. All lights wipers, horn, signals etc. function as designed including the head light doors open and close quickly as they should. The car hits the street 100% and has NO mechanical issues!
The recent California safety inspection, completed within the past 50 miles, resulted in a clean ‽Bill of Health.” Comments from the mechanic, a muscle car specialist and enthusiast, included: It is refreshing to see a properly restored, big-block Mopar that has remains in virtually stock condition.” As a 1969 model year, the Charger R/T is exempt from California smog, and is likely exempt from smog inspections in virtually every U.S. state and country. Of course, the car comes with a clear California title / registration and, for California buyers; the registration is valid until October, 2018.
In addition to being a beautifully restored car, this car will appeal to the muscle car / Charger R/T enthusiasts who have one thing on their minds…..performance. In the most positive sense, this car epitomizes the no frills, higher performance 60's muscle cars that were not weighted down with heavy unnecessary options.
FIRST GENERATION 1967 CHARGER R/T HISTORY
In 1964, GM gave the go-ahead for their very own ‽Pony Car” to directly compete with the Mustang. Two years later, and the Dodge Charger R/T was ready for purchase.
From its start, the Charger R/T was available in hardtop or convertible, three different option packages with nearly 80 different factory options, and 40 dealer accessories, and four different options.
MISCELLANEOUS GENERAL INFORMATION
- We have a number of additional, detailed photographs but are only able to show 100~ on our listings. We ran out of space on this one, but have several other photos. Please let us know if we can provide additional detailed photos of any part of the Charger R/T.
- We have been shipping vehicles for years and have established excellent contacts that are not only high quality but very price competitive. We do not use brokers, terminal shipping or other discount methods. Call us or email for a quote directly to your home or office. We are often able to obtain quality enclosed transportation (the kind of travel this car deserves) for the cost of open shipping.
- As with virtually all collector/specialty vehicles, we find that parts and resources are readily available for this (and most every vehicle), thanks in large part to the Internet!
- In addition to the purchase price of the vehicle, California buyers will be subject to sales tax, documentation fee, DMV transfer fees and license/registration. Out-of-state buyers will be responsible for the purchase price of the vehicle and any local taxes/fees will be the purchaser's responsibility to pay in their respective state. IMPORTANT NOTE: If the vehicle is delivered or driven in California and driven on California roads, sales-tax, license registration and transfer fees will be assessed per California law.
- We encourage telephone calls to discuss this vehicle in greater detail. Also, if you would prefer that we call you to answer any questions about the vehicle; shipping alternatives, etc. please e-mail us with your telephone number and will gladly get back in touch with you.
- As with any collectible vehicle of this vintage we are unable to provide a warranty or guarantee of condition. However, we make every effort to accurately represent our vehicles, and highlight both positive items as well as areas that require attention. We ask that prospective buyers consider our eBay history/feedback, standing in the community, length of time in business, and other factors when purchasing a collectible vehicle from Classic Cars Ltd.
- Please keep in mind that minor cosmetic issues/flaws may be present on every vehicle (regardless of cost) including small chips, nicks, scratches, etc. that can be seen on even the best restoration, or even a relatively new, used "pre-owned" vehicle. Also, ownership of a collectible / specialty vehicle is more enjoyable if the owner is familiar with the "realities" of these unique cars. Unlike more modern day vehicles, these cars require regular, ongoing care/maintenance and some mechanical knowledge, patience, and understanding can make the experience considerably more pleasant. That said, collector / "specialty" car owners will tell you (emphatically) that they love their cars and wouldn't trade them for anything!!
- The information contained in this description is believed to be accurate but, in some instances, has been provided by the cars owner / owners or outside sources. As a result, we are unable to guarantee the accuracy of the information. We encourage verification of ‽numbers” and significant data prior to the purchase of any collector vehicle that you are considering.
1969 DODGE CHARGER R/T SPECIFICATIONS
• 1969 Dodge Charger 500 R/T
• Wheelbase: 117.0 in.
• Weight: 3671 lb.
• Price: $4641
• Engine: OHV V-8
• Displacement: 440 cid
• Fuel system: 1 x 4 bbl.
• Compression ratio: 10.25:1
• Horsepower @ rpm: 375 @ 5000
• Torque @ rpm: 490 @ 4000
• Representative performance
• 0-60 mph: 6.0 sec.
• 1/4 mile: 13.90 sec. @ 104.0 mph
PURCHASING A COLLECTOR VEHICLE - THINGS TO CONSIDER
- As always, we recommend that you carefully review the seller's background of any collector car being sold over the Internet. We believe that it is important to ask yourself a number of questions including, but not limited to:
- How long have they been in business?
- How much experience do they have with collector cars?
- How many positive collector car vehicle sales have completed (positive eBay feedback)?
- How detailed/complete is the description of the vehicle?
- Do the photos show details of the interior, exterior, top, chrome, etc. or are they simply "Glamour Shots" taken from a distance?
- Does the seller have a Surety Bond to protect the financial transaction?
- What about insurance, licensing by the state, and a local business license?
- Does the seller (if a business) have any DMV (Motor Vehicle) complaints and/or other history of legal action, grievances?
- Does the seller enjoy a favorable local and national/international reputation?
- Can the seller assist with funding sources, transport and out of state/country sales?
ABOUT CLASSIC CARS LTD.
- Classic Cars Ltd. has been in the same, small, California town for over 25 years. We operate a small "brick & mortar", indoor showroom, and specialize in the sale, consignment, and purchase of sports, high performance and specialty vehicles of all types. We have a particular interest in sports cars and unique vehicles.
- The majority of our vehicles come from local, private owners and collectors, and many were sold new in California. We appreciate that rust free cars, with excellent documentation and history are especially attractive to our buyers both locally, and around the country. As a result, we do not purchase our collectible cars from "distressed" sales, such as wholesale auctions, salvage sales, or lien sales. We do not sell vehicles with salvage titles, or those that have a history of significant accident damage or repair.
- Please review our feedback on eBay (user name Never22Many) representing over 975 positive transactions to buyers all over the United States / World.
- We are fully insured, bonded, and licensed for collector car sales all over the United States/World.
- Classic Cars Ltd. carries a $50,000 Surety bond to cover financial transactions
- We frequently sell vehicles to out of State / out of country buyers, and will be glad to provide references for buyers in your area.
Classic Cars Ltd.
|Body Type / Style:||Coupe
|Exterior Color:||Factory "Bright Red"|
California Lic & Reg
Dual Side Mirrors
Exempt from CA Smog
Front & Rear Sway Bars
Front Disc Brakes
Matching Numbers Engine
Matching Numbers Transmission
Original Correct Dodge Emblems
| ||Original Correct Dodge Emblems|
Original Jack & Tools
Original Sheet Metal
Rear Seat Belts
Runs / Drives Very Well
Seat Belts (Frt. & Rear)
Engine Casting #
#'s Match Block Stamp
Transmission #'s Match
ADDITIONAL PHOTOS ON REQUEST