1977 Porsche 911S
ONE Owner Local Northern California Delivered 911S
Totally Rebuilt ($12K+) (Within 14K~ Miles) 2.7 Liter
5 Speed Porsche - Repair History Since New & Delivery Documents!
Finished in Rare Factory Issued Talbot Yellow with Tan Leather
A truly Beautiful, All Original 911
NOTE: Our listings are rather lengthy. They not only describe this particular car but also some history of the make & model, some considerations in buying a classic cars, and facts about our firm. We continually hear from out-of-state / out-of- country buyers (many of our clients) that they prefer the level of detail that we provide. However, if you are not prepared to read the full listing, please scan the DETAILS below along with viewing the PHOTOGRAPHS at the bottom. If you'd prefer, please call us at 925-846-1451 and we'll gladly discuss the Porsche and answer any questions over the telephone, including our ‽Buy it Now” policy. Yes, the Porsche can be purchased prior to the end of the eBay auction.
PLEASE NOTE: EACH TIME WE LIST A VEHICLE ON eBay WE RECEIVE COMMENTS THAT THERE ARE NO PHOTOS OF THE INTERIOR, ENGINE, UNDERCARRIAGE, ETC. OF THE CAR. THERE ARE CLOSE TO 100 PHOTOS OF ALL AREAS OF THIS PORSCHE, BUT WHEN YOU REACH WHAT APPEARS TO BE THE LAST PHOTO, YOU WILL NEED TO SCROLL DOWN ON eBay TO VIEW THE REMAINING PHOTOS. IF YOU ARE STILL UNABLE TO SEE THEM, PLEASE CALL US AT 925-846-1451 AND WE WILL PROVIDE A DIRECT LINK. NOTE: IT IS A VIOLATION OF eBay POLICY FOR US TO LIST THE URL ON THE eBay LISTING. PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE ADDITIONAL PHOTOS OF ANY PART OF THE PORSCHE. ALL OF OUR PHOTOS ARE TAKEN IN NATURAL LIGHT AND WE DO NOT ‽PHOTO-SHOP” OR TOUCH-UP THE PHOTOS IN ANY WAY.
This car is offered at a realistic price and, unlike bidding on cars in a fast faced, live auction environment, you will have the benefit of extensive information and history on the car prior to making a buying decision. Equally as important is the fact that Classic Cars Ltd. has been in business for 25 years and enjoys an excellent national / international relationship with over 975+ positive eBay feedback responses.
Please keep in mind that we will gladly...
1. Answer any questions over the telephone and take the time to guide prospective customers through the buying process (925-846-1451).
2. Assist with locating a quality, suitable transporter at very competitive prices.
3. Provide proof that we are licensed, bonded (for the financial transaction), fully insured, and operate from an established showroom environment.
4. Provide feedback from previous buyers, and specific references for vehicle purchases in your area (we also ask that you view our detailed eBay feedback by clicking on the number to the right of the eBay user name).
5. Offer additional information including specific photographs or clarification of any part of our description of the vehicle.
Thank you again, please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Paul R. Wankle, Pres.
Classic Cars Ltd.
DETAILS / HISTORY - "THIS 1977 PORSCHE 911SC TARGA
In 1965 Porsche began the 911 model line that has become an icon among sports cars. The 911's continued to improve and offer a wonderful combination of performance, comfort and reliability. By the late 1970's ongoing refinements and increase in engine displacement made them great cars to drive while retaining the classic Porsche look.
This 1977 Porsche 911S Targa represents a very well-cared, rare one owner example of a desirable 70's 911 S Porsche Targa. The combination of the cars California lineage, one owner, and excellent maintenance history separate this from many of the high mileage Porsche's with unknown ownership history and lack of documentation. Consider the following features that separate this car from so many other Porsche's:
- Delivered new to nearby Ely Porsche, Hayward, CA (just 20 minutes from our location) on 12/20/76
- Original "pink slip" in original owner's name (Had blue California personalized plates that were retained by the previous owner
- One owner's name stamped in Warranty Booklet - " Warranty Booklet stamped as follows in accordance with, or exceeding, Porsche recommended schedule (all service done at Ely Porsche, delivering dealer through 45,422K miles, then Porsche specialist):
- Delivery Inspection @ 27 miles - 12/20/76
- Oil Service @ 1,492 miles - 1/7/77
- Maintenance Service @1,492 miles - 1/17/77
- Oil Service @ 7,580 miles - 6/1/77
- Oil service / vehicle maintenance & emissions service @ 15,061 miles - 11/9/77
- Vehicle maintenance / minor & emission service @ 22,459 miles - 4/7/78
- Vehicle maintenance / oil service / emissions service @ 30,131 - 2/11/78
- Minor service @ 37,462 miles - 37,462 miles
- Oil service, vehicle maintenance, emissions @ 45,422 miles - 2/5/79
- Oil change, vehicle maintenance, emissions @ 59,132 miles - 8/2/79
- Complete service / maintenance @ 67,255 miles - 12/4/79
- Original Owner's Manual
- Original Porsche logo case for materials
- Radio brochures
- Alpine Digital FM/AM Cassette Owner' s Manual (Radio installed when car was a few years old and still in place and functional)
- Manual Alpine amplifier (installed years ago and remains in car)
- Alpine warranty cards (never used)
- Best of all, the original LARGE AT&T permanently mounted (with cord!) phone remains in place with the original ‽curly” antenna. Appears to have been installed when the car was new or a few years later
- And more…. (please refer to photos to get a better idea of the volume of materials)
- Alpine authorized dealer listing
This 911 S is a unique example which will appeal to the enthusiast or collector, who has an interest in a rust free California car with lovely cosmetics, an excellent documented one owner history. The Porsche is finished in rare, factory correct Talbot Yellow and retains the majority of its original paint, interior, trim and other components.
OVERALL COSMETIC / MECHANICAL CONDITION
From a cosmetic perspective, this car rates very high as the photos support. The "Talbot Yellow” paint is not only the factory correct color but is the condition of the paint is excellent. Perhaps most important, the body is very straight with no current damage or indication of previous damage or repairs. Both front and rear bumper areas are in excellent condition. The Targa top is in very nice original condition with all seals in place and in unusually good condition due to remaining on the car for the majority of its life. The top is in excellent structural condition and includes the two release handles to install and "lock” it properly. It seals very well, does not leak, and has excellent rubber trim all around. All side and rear glass is excellent, and factory original. The Porsche factory Fuchs wheels are in exceptional condition with no curb rash, or damage. The Porsche is fitted with a set of excellent matching tires with considerable tread.
The tan leather interior is in incredible condition, not only for its age, but for a car just several years old. It does not show signs of wear in areas that we typically see, specifically the driver's side seat bolster, carpet, and door panels. The front and rear seats are free from damage, firm and seats and trim are in very good condition as is the carpet that is finished in a light shade of color coordinated brown. The car retains a virtually stock interior including gauges, seats, door panels and other components. Many of the 911's that we see have major damage to the dash as a result of prolonged sun exposure/. This dash is finished in color coordinated tan, and is very good with only a few hardly noticeable imperfections. The front luggage compartment is also totally original, clean and, most important, removal of the front carpet (refer to photos) reveals a damage free front compartment.
The engine compartment is also all original and has not been overly detailed as is often times the case. It too retains its original configuration, and shows no signs of rear end damage. It reflects the ongoing maintenance by knowledgeable, professional mechanics and, most important, having been rebuilt within the past 12k~ miles. The underside of the car is not detailed but remains "California” clean and reflective of a clean, rust free California car. Actually, the entire car is rust free and shows absolutely no signs of accident damage. Our inspection and that of an independent source suggests that the car is free from previous or current body, undercarriage, or underside damage and retains its original body panels.
This 911S has never been neglected and the low mileage and superb original condition makes it an investment quality example that is certain to continue to appreciate. However, the car is certainly a usable, drivable classic that would make a spectacular first time Porsche, or addition to a collection of Porsche cars. We can't think of a more appropriate adage than ‽A car can be restored over and over again but it's only original once.”
Of course, the 911 has a clear, transferrable California title. The current odometer reading reflects 138,571 but, under California law the mileage is reported as ‽Exempt” due to the vehicle being over 10 years of age.
While the maintenance history is too extensive to list in detail, a few notes are important. The Porsche was originally service by Porsche (see above summary) with the original Warranty booklet contains stamps for major and minor services. Subsequently, the car was taken to Porsche specialists only and received ongoing care. Since 2004, for the last 14+ years, the car has been serviced by a local Porsche repair facility who has been serving Porsche's in our area for 25+ years. The records summarize repairs from 5/10/04 through 12/13/17 and included the ‽hard copy” receipt for the complete engine rebuild that was performed at 124,810 miles (13,761 miles ago) at a cost of $12,790.33. Additional service over the course of 14 years included regular maintenance and addressing even the smallest issues. A complete line by line list of the repairs/maintenance with a chronological history is available upon request.
INCLUDED WITH THE PORSCHE
- Original factory Owner's manual & case
- Factory spare and jack
- Factory gloves & plastic tarp
- Receipts for repairs
The 9111S runs and drives very well. It starts immediately when cold and equally as well once it is fully warmed up. The engine does not hesitate, has excellent power, and it runs smoothly as it is shifted up and down through the syncromesh gears of the totally rebuilt transmission. There is no unusual noise in the drive-line including the rear end, engine, brakes, and other components. We can say without hesitation that this is one of the best driving late 870's 911's that we have owned due, in large part, to the maintenance and complete rebuild of the engine. clutch and related components withing fewer than 15,000 miles.
The Porsche does not pull to the left or right, or exhibit any drivability issues. Porsche enthusiasts will notice that the instrumentation is correct, and original. All of the lights and electrical system are fully functional.
The Porsche runs at normal operating temperature with no indication of overheating. The other gauges are fully functional (speedometer, tachometer, oil pressure, etc.) as are the lights and horn. The car is well sorted, usable at highway speeds and, personally, we would not hesitate to take it on a long (and enjoyable) journey.
• 2.7 Liter flat 6 cylinder "boxer” engine
• Fuel injected
• Overhead camshaft engine with timing chain
• Dry sump engine oil system w/ separate oil tank
• Air cooled
• Air Flow Control fuel injection w/ electric pump
• 5-speed manual transmission
• 4 wheel disc brakes all around w/ power assist
• Unitized chassis construction
• Independent suspension all around w/ torsion bars for each wheel
• Front and rear stabilizer bars
• 16-inch 205 x 16” factory Fuchs forged alloy wheels
• Like new tires
• Newer battery
• Factory correct / original color of Petrol Blue Metallic
• No rust California car
• No reports of accidents or any indication of previous or current body, undercarriage or suspension damage
• Very straight body and exterior trim
• Precision "German quality” fit of all body panels
• Excellent original glass all around
• Front bumper area and lower valence are very good
• Both black rear bumperettes and exterior trim in beautiful condition
• Dual factory outside rear view mirrors
• Color coordinated tan leather interior with black trim
• Excellent front leather front seats showing virtually no wear
• Excellent interior finished in beautiful black leather with matching original Targa top
• Rear jump seats w/ folding backs
• Factory 3-point front seat belts
• Factory 2-point rear seat belts
• Color coordinated factory brown carpet in very good condition
• Tan leather interior with factory seats
• Totally clear gauges
• Very nice color coordinated door panels
• Factory leather steering wheel is excellent
• Both doors and front rear compartment lids open/close solidly with perfect gaps
• Vintage radio and AT&T permanently mounted telephone & original antenna
• Front compartment is clean and has excellent stain free / no damage carpet
• Original spare, jack and other factory items
• Passed the California required safety inspection for working wipers, turn signals, lights, brakes, etc.
• Clear California title and current California registration valid until December, 2018 for California buyers.
DETAILED SPECIFICATIONS OF THE 1977 PORSCHE 911 TARGA
• Rear-engine, rear-wheel-drive, 2+2-passenger, 2-door coupe
• 2700 cc flat 6 engine
• Length 168.9”
• Wheelbase 89.4”
• Width 65”
• Height 52”
• Turning circle 35.9"
• Curb weight 2756 lb.
• Top speed 150~ mph
• Fuel capacity 22.5 US gal, premium unleaded
PURCHASING A COLLECTOR VEHICLE - THINGS TO CONSIDER
As always, we recommend that you carefully review the seller's background for any collector car being sold over the Internet. It is important to ask yourself a number of questions including, but not limited to:
- How long have they been in business?
- How much experience do they have with collector cars?
- How many positive collector car vehicle sales have they completed (positive eBay feedback)?
- How detailed/complete is the description of the vehicle?
- Do the photos show details of the interior, exterior, top, chrome, etc. or are they simply "glamour shots" taken from a distance?
- Does the seller have a Surety Bond to protect the financial transaction?
- What about insurance, licensing by the state, and a local business license?
- Does the seller (if a business) have any DMV (Motor Vehicle) complaints and/or other history of legal action, grievances?
- Does the seller enjoy a favorable local and national/international reputation?
- Can the seller assist with funding sources, transport and out of state/country sales?
ABOUT CLASSIC CARS LTD.
- Classic Cars Ltd. has been in the same, small, California town for 25 years. We operate a small "brick & mortar", indoor showroom, and specialize in the sale, consignment, and purchase of sports, high performance and specialty vehicles of all types. We have a particular interest in sports cars and unique vehicles.
- The majority of our vehicles come from local, private owners and collectors, and many were sold new in California. We appreciate that rust free cars, with excellent documentation and history are especially attractive to our buyers both locally, and around the country. As a result, we do not purchase our collectible cars from "distressed" sales, such as wholesale auctions, salvage sales, or lien sales. We do not sell vehicles with salvage titles, or those that have a history of significant accident damage or repair.
- We have sold hundreds of unique, classic and collectible vehicles and regularly deal with buyers that have not had the experience of purchasing a large (both physically and monetarily) item on eBay, or through an Internet source. Our eBay feedback is 100% positive on all vehicle sales from customers around the globe and is a reflection of our commitment to accurate, complete, and thorough vehicle descriptions.
- We have been shipping vehicles for years and have established excellent contacts that are not only high quality but very price competitive. We do not use brokers, terminal shipping or other discount methods. Call us or email for a quote directly to your home or office. We are often able to obtain quality enclosed transportation (the kind of travel this car deserves) for the cost of open shipping.
- Please review our feedback on eBay (user name Never22Many) representing over 975+ positive transactions to buyers all over the United States / World.
- We are fully insured, bonded, and licensed for collector car sales all over the United States/World.
- Classic Cars Ltd. carries a $50,000 Surety bond to cover financial transactions
- We frequently sell vehicles to out of State / out of country buyers, and will be glad to provide references for buyers in your area.
MISCELLANEOUS GENERAL INFORMATION
- As with virtually all collector/specialty vehicles, we find that parts and resources are readily available for this (and most every vehicle), thanks in large part to the Internet.
- In addition to the purchase price of the vehicle, California buyers will be subject to sales tax, a documentation fee, DMV transfer fees and license/registration. Out-of-state buyers will be responsible for the purchase price of the vehicle and any local taxes/fees will be the purchaser's responsibility to pay in their respective state. IMPORTANT NOTE: If the vehicle is delivered or driven in California and driven on California roads, sales-tax, license/registration and transfer fees will be assessed per California law.
- While we encourage telephone calls to discuss this vehicle, we appreciate phone calls so that we may answer all questions from serious buyers including those relative to shipping alternatives, vehicle condition, maintenance, and pricing.
- We encourage inspections of this Porsche by serious, qualified individuals or professional inspectors. Please call at 925-846-1451 to arrange a convenient time.
- As with any collectible vehicle of this vintage we are unable to provide a warranty or guarantee of condition. However, we make every effort to accurately represent our vehicles, and highlight both positive items as well as areas that require attention. We ask that prospective buyers consider our eBay history/feedback, standing in the community, length of time in business, and other factors when purchasing a collectible vehicle from Classic Cars Ltd.
- Minor cosmetic issues/flaws may be present on every vehicle (regardless of cost) including small chips, nicks, scratches, etc. that can be seen on even the best restoration, or even a relatively new, used "pre-owned" vehicle. Also, ownership of a collectible / specialty vehicle is more enjoyable if the owner is familiar with the "realities" of these unique cars. Unlike more modern day vehicles, these cars require regular, ongoing care/maintenance and some mechanical knowledge, patience, and understanding can make the experience considerably more pleasant. That said, collector / "specialty" car owners will tell you (emphatically) that they love their cars and wouldn't trade them for anything!!
- The information contained in this description is believed to be accurate but, in some instances, has been provided by the car's owner / owners or outside sources. As a result, we are unable to guarantee the accuracy of the information. We encourage verification of information, serial numbers and any other significant data prior to the purchase of any collector vehicle that you are considering.
Classic Cars Ltd.
|Body Type / Style:||Targa
|Exterior Color:||Talbot Yellow|
|4-Wheel Disc Brakes|
California Lic & Reg
Exempt From Smog in California
Factory Bucket Seats
Factory Original Spare / Tools
Fold Down Rear Seat
Front Sway Bar
No Rust CA. Body
Original Jack & Tools
| ||Original Jack & Tools|
Original Owners Manual
Original Porsche Gauges
Original Sheet Metal
Period AM Radio
Rear Seat Belts
Rear Storage Area
Records Since New!
Runs / Drives Very Well
Spare Tire & Jack
ORIGINAL AT&T Phone!!
"Old School" - Installed YEARS Ago
WE have additonal photos..please inquire!