2005 Maserati Cambiocorsa Spyder
28,000 Lifetime California Car - IMMACULATE
$110,000+ New - Loaded with Desirable Options
Striking Color Combination, Factory Custom Interior, Navi, Hi-Fi System & More!
All Factory Books, Records, Maintenance History, Totally Clean CarFax
Ferrari F430 4.2 Liter Engine / Cabiocorsa F1 Gearbox
NOTE: Our listings not only describe this particular car but also some history of the make/model, considerations in buying a classic car and facts about our firm. However, we continually hear from out of state / out of country buyers (many of our clients) that they prefer the level of detail that we provide. However, if you are not prepared to read the full listing, please read the OVERVIEW below along with viewing the PHOTOGRAPHS at the bottom. If you'd prefer, please call us at 925-846-1451 and we'll gladly discuss the Maserati and answer any questions over the telephone, including our ‽Buy it Now” policy. And, yes, the Maserati can be purchased prior to the end of the eBay auction.
PLEASE NOTE: EACH TIME WE LIST A VEHICLE ON EBAY WE RECEIVE COMMENTS THAT THERE ARE NO PHOTOS OF THE INTERIOR, ENGINE, UNDERCARRIAGE, ETC. OF THE CAR. THERE ARE CLOSE TO 100 PHOTOS OF ALL AREAS OF THIS MASERATI, BUT WHEN YOU REACH WHAT APPEARS TO BE THE LAST PHOTO, YOU WILL NEED TO SCROLL DOWN ON eBay TO VIEW THE REMAINING PHOTOS. IF YOU ARE STILL UNABLE TO SEE THEM, PLEASE CALL US AT 925-846-1451 AND WE WILL PROVIDE A DIRECT LINK. NOTE: IT IS A VIOLATION OF eBay POLICY FOR US TO LIST THE URL ON THE eBay LISTING. PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE ADDITIONAL PHOTOS OF ANY PART OF THE MASERATI. ALL OF OUR PHOTOS ARE TAKEN IN NATURAL LIGHT AND WE DO NOT ‽PHOTO-SHOP” OR TOUCH-UP THE PHOTOS IN ANY WAY.
This car is offered at a realistic price and, unlike bidding on cars in an auction environment, you will have the benefit of extensive information and history on the car prior to making a buying decision. Equally as important is the fact that Classic Cars Ltd. has been in business for 25+ years and enjoys an excellent national / international relationship with over 980 positive eBay feedback responses.
Please keep in mind that we will gladly...
1. Answer any questions over the telephone and take the time to guide prospective customers through the buying process (925-846-1451).
2. Assist with locating a quality, suitable transporter at very competitive prices.
3. Provide proof that we are licensed, bonded (for the financial transaction), fully insured, and operate from an established showroom environment.
4. Provide feedback from previous buyers, and specific references for vehicle purchases in your area (we also ask that you view our detailed eBay feedback by clicking on the number to the right of the eBay user name)
5. Offer additional information including specific photographs or clarification of any part of our description of the vehicle
Thank you again, please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Paul R. Wankle, Pres.
Classic Cars Ltd.
HISTORY - THIS PARTICULAR MASERATI CAMBIOCORSA / SUMMARY
We do not believe it is an exaggeration to say that this Maserati is arguably one of the finest examples available in the USA todayThe Cambiocorsa is in truly exceptional condition and, with just over 28,000 California well maintained, documented miles, has been treated to the finest care by its mature, owner/ collector. The Maserati is finished in an absolutely striking color combination of "Argento Luna” (Silver Moon) with "Cudio Sella” (Leather Saddle) leather interior, as delivered by the factory. Both the exterior and interior show extremely well due the high level of care that this Maserati has received since it was new. The documented repair history, including a totally clean CarFax report that chronologically documents the mileage, suggest a commitment to keep the Maserati in superb overall condition at all times and, frankly, it runs and drives as if it just came off of the Maserati production line.
Unlike some examples with very low mileage that will require maintenance / service, or have been stored / unused for extended periods of time, this example has what many Maserati aficionado's consider the "ideal mileage.” With only 28,180 well-maintained miles, it has been used regularly, but sparingly, to ensure excellent operation at all times.
In addition to the strong mechanical condition of this car, it is in beautiful cosmetic condition. This car has been meticulously maintained in original specification just as it was produced by the Maserati factory.
The Maserati is a heavily optioned example that includes the following additional factory added options costing over $7,000.00 and bringing the total cost of the Maserati to $110,221.00 (not including tax, license and other fees). NOTE: Original laminated window Sticker included. Options, in addition to the standard equipment include:
- GPS Navigation
- Powered Hi-Fi System
- Heated Front Seats
- Special Color Coordinated Seat Piping
- Blue Gauge Cluster to Match Exterior
- Color Coordinated Roll Bar
- Special Carpet
- CD Changer
- Color Coordinated Piping on Dash, Door Panels
- Soft Top Panel Finishing
- Additional Custom Stitching
The ownership history documents the delivery of the Maserati to The Auto Gallery, Woodland Hills, CA and its first owner in Southern California on 12/03/04. The car was first registered in Newbury Park, CA and was owned by the first owner until 2014 when it had accumulated approximately 16,000 miles. During his ownership, the car was serviced by The Auto Gallery, Woodland Hills, CA with considerable documented preventative maintenance and service history being shown on the Carfax report.
The cars subsequent owner, also in Southern California, continued to care for the car and added just over 8,000 miles of the odometer in 2 years with continued servicing by The Auto Gallery. The warranty booklet shows stamps for the Pre-Delivery Inspection along with service /maintenance stamps supporting service at 18,787 miles, 21,905 miles, and 24,271 miles(just 4K~ miles ago).
The Carfax report shows a totally clean history and consistent mileage progression leading to the cars current, low mileage. It reflects a recent history of passing California's stringent smog inspections. The registration was just renewed so, for California buyers, the registration is valid until 6/10/19. Of course, the Maserati carries a clean unencumbered title.
In a word… striking. Cars this original are literally impossible to duplicate and this car remains totally stock in virtually every respect. Not only is the car properly configured, it retains factory original paint, no history, or signs of current or previous accident damage, rust of other significant flaws. In fact the sides and front and rear areas of the car are virtually free from any door dings, scrapes, or noticeable rock chips.
With the exception of normal wear, replacement items, the Maserati retains the majority of its original components including Maserati factory wheels and the following:
- Unused tools (refer to photos)
- Unused jack
- Complete books & manuals / Maserati Leather Case
- All additional Maserati brochures, instruction book, Maserati operation CD
- Original keys (2 sets)
- Maserati car cover in Maserati logo bag
- Thick Maserati Book entitled "Maserati 100” - A century of History, The official Book
- Original Window Sticker
- Maserati Logo Floor mats
- Maserati Sunshade
This particular Maserati Cambiocorsa runs and drives extremely well and is solid, rattle free, and mechanically strong. It starts immediately easily, has high oil pressure when cold and warm, does not overheat, The Maserati is a pleasure to drive with the F1 Cambiocorsa gearbox with paddle shifts that can be used in Normal or Sport Modes. The car pulls strongly through all gears and has excellent, linear power and when put into the Sport mode, the suspensions settings change, the shift points ‽improve”, and the fund begins! The Ferrari F430 engine provides more than ample power for this relatively small Maserati and it is truly a joy to drive. With 0-60 mph times in the mid-4 second range and 180~ mph top speed, it truly falls in the exotic car performance category.
As expected, the brakes are excellent, and the steering and chassis are tight and precise. The air conditioning blows cold and heater and controls are fully functional. The electrical system including the fully power top is functional.
The interior is correct, unmodified, and in exceptional condition throughout. The seat upholstery and dashboard are totally original and in lovely condition with no defects that detract from the beauty of the interior. The carpets are in excellent condition and covered with color coordinated Maserati log mats. The instruments and controls are in excellent condition, as is the center console, all of which appear are in original but incredibly well preserved condition. The steering wheel is a stock Maserati item with a Maserati logo. Navigation is fitted as one of many options (refer to the extensive option list above).
The engine compartment, trunk, and front compartment are all immaculate. They remain correct in appearance. The engine is totally clean, free from leaks and originally configured. The factory air-box remains in place with factory wrinkle finish and set off by Maserati letting. The front and rear of the engine bay and trunk show absolutely no sing of damage.
This is the first Maserati Cambiocorsa that we have had the pleasure of driving and we are extremely impressed, not only with its performance and Italian luxury appointments, but the overall quality. The car is tight, well-constructed and this particular example comes with literally every document that was part of the car when it was delivered new. Of course, for enthusiasts, it's all about the 4.2 all aluminum engine and Cambiocorsa F1 gearbox. The sound is intoxicating and the performance simply superb.
SPECIFICATIONS / GENERAL INFORMATION
Drivetrain layout Front engine, RWD
Engine type V-8, alum block and heads
Valvetrain DOHC, 4 valves/cyl
Displacement 259.6 cu in / 4254cc
Compression ratio 11.1:1
Redline 7500 rpm
ABOUT CLASSIC CARS LTD.
- Classic Cars Ltd. has been in the same, small, California town for over 25 years. We operate a small, highly specialized "brick & mortar", indoor showroom, with a focus on the sale, consignment, and purchase of sports, high performance and specialty vehicles of all types. We have a particular interest in sports cars and unique vehicles.
- The majority of our vehicles come from local, private owners and collectors, and many were sold new in California. We appreciate that rust free cars, with excellent documentation and history are especially attractive to our buyers both locally, and around the country. As a result, we do not purchase our collectible cars from "distressed" sales, such as wholesale auctions, salvage sales, or lien sales. We do not sell vehicles with salvage titles, or those that have a history of significant accident damage or repair.
- We have sold hundreds of unique, classic and collectible vehicles and regularly deal with buyers that have not had the experience of purchasing a large (both physically and monetarily) item on eBay, or through an Internet source. Our eBay feedback is 100% positive on all vehicle sales from customers around the globe and is a reflection of our commitment to accurate, complete, and thorough vehicle descriptions.
- We have been shipping vehicles for years and have established excellent contacts that are not only high quality but very price competitive. We do not use brokers, terminal shipping or other discount methods. Call us or email for a quote directly to your home or office. We are often able to obtain quality enclosed transportation (the kind of travel this car deserves) for the cost of open shipping.
- Please review our feedback on eBay (user name Never22Many) representing over 980+ positive transactions to buyers all over the United States / World.
- We are fully insured, bonded, and licensed for collector car sales all over the United States/World.
- Classic Cars Ltd. carries a $50,000 Surety bond to cover financial transactions
- We frequently sell vehicles to out of State / out of country buyers, and will be glad to provide references for buyers in your area.
MISCELLANEOUS GENERAL INFORMATION- As with virtually all collector/specialty vehicles, we find that parts and resources are readily available for this (and most every vehicle), thanks in large part to the Internet.
- In addition to the purchase price of the vehicle, California buyers will be subject to sales tax, a documentation fee, DMV transfer fees and license / registration. Out-of-state buyers will be responsible for the purchase price of the vehicle and any local taxes/fees will be the purchaser's responsibility to pay in their respective state. IMPORTANT NOTE: If the vehicle is delivered or driven in California and driven on California roads, sales-tax, license/registration and transfer fees will be assessed per California law.
- While we encourage telephone calls to discuss this vehicle in greater detail. Also, if you would prefer that we call you to answer any questions about the vehicle; shipping alternatives, etc. please e-mail us with your telephone number and will gladly get back in touch with you.
- We encourage inspections of this Maserati by serious, qualified individuals or professional inspectors. Please call at 925-846-1451 to arrange a convenient time.
- As an exotic sports car, we are unable to provide a warranty or guarantee of condition. However, we make every effort to accurately represent our vehicles, and highlight both positive items as well as areas that require attention. We ask that prospective buyers consider our eBay history/feedback, standing in the community, length of time in business, and other factors when purchasing a collectible vehicle from Classic Cars Ltd.
- Minor cosmetic issues/flaws may be present on every vehicle (regardless of cost) including small chips, nicks, scratches, etc. that can be seen on even the best restoration, or even a relatively new, used "pre-owned" vehicle.
- The information contained in this description is believed to be accurate but, in some instances, has been provided by the car's owner, previous owners, or outside sources. As a result, we are unable to guarantee the accuracy of the information. We encourage verification of "numbers" and significant data prior to the purchase of any collector vehicle that you are considering.
Classic Cars Ltd.
|Body Type / Style:||Coupe
|Interior Color:||Silver Blue|
|4-Wheel Disc Brakes|
California Lic & Reg
Car Cover Included
Clear Title Included
Correct Fact. Colors
Exceptional Paint Quality
Factory Air Conditioning
Factory Center Console
Front & Rear Sway Bars
Heated Front Seats
Local California "Survivor"
Matching Numbers Engine
| ||Matching Numbers Transmission|
Meets All USA Standards
No Rust CA. Body
Original California Car
Original Owners Manual
Original Warranty Booklet
Parking Distance Control
Runs / Drives Very Well
Please email for more photos...