1965 Rambler Marlin
Beautiful, Rare, and Northern California Rambler Marlin
When's the Last Time You've Seen One? One of 10,327 Produced!
100% Stock ‽Survivor” with One Quality Re-Spray - Beautiful Interior / Exterior
Limited Owner Lifetime Northern California Car
Wow Them at the Next Car Show!!
PLEASE NOTE: EACH TIME WE LIST A VEHICLE ON eBay WE RECEIVE COMMENTS THAT THERE ARE NO PHOTOS OF THE INTERIOR, ENGINE, UNDERCARRIAGE, ETC. OF THE CAR. THERE ARE CLOSE TO 100 PHOTOS OF ALL AREAS OF THE MARLIN BUT, WHEN YOU REACH WHAT APPEARS TO BE THE LAST PHOTO, YOU WILL NEED TO SCROLL DOWN ON eBay TO VIEW THE REMAINING PHOTOS. IF YOU ARE STILL UNABLE TO SEE THEM, PLEASE CALL US AT 925-846-1451 AND WE WILL PROVIDE A DIRECT LINK. NOTE: IT IS A VIOLATION OF eBay POLICY FOR US TO LIST THE URL ON THE eBay LISTING
CLASSIC CARS LTD.
(925) 846 1451
INTRODUCTION TO CLASSIC CARS LTD. eBay AUCTIONS
Thank you for visiting our eBay auction. We appreciate your interest in the Marlin and feel that it is important that we provide some basic information relative to our business philosophy and utilization of eBay to offer our collectible & classic vehicles to a worldwide audience.
For 25+ years, Classic Cars Ltd. has operated a "brick & mortar" showroom located in Pleasanton, CA. just outside of San Francisco California. We have sold hundreds of unique, classic and collectible vehicles and regularly deal with buyers who have not had the experience of purchasing a large (both physically and monetarily!) item on eBay, or through an Internet source. Our lifetime eBay feedback is 100% positive on over 965 transactions from customers around the globe and is a reflection of our commitment to accurate, complete, and thorough vehicle descriptions.
While we have had comments about the length of our narrative on each vehicle, most serious buyers appreciate the detailed photographs and descriptions and believe that "more is better." However, if you are looking for a brief summary of the vehicle, please view the photographs and scroll to the very bottom of the listing where you will find a summary of the car for sale including; Make, model, mileage, specifications, etc.
Please keep in mind that we will gladly...
1. Answer any questions over the telephone and take the time to guide prospective customers through the buying process (925-846-1451).
2. Assist with locating a quality, suitable transporter at very competitive prices.
3. Provide proof that we are licensed, bonded (for the financial transaction), fully insured, and operate from an established showroom environment.
4. Provide feedback from previous buyers, and specific references for vehicle purchases in your area (we also ask that you view our detailed eBay feedback by clicking on the number to the right of the eBay user name)
5. Offer additional information including specific photographs or clarification of any part of our description of the vehicle
Thank you again, please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Paul R. Wankle, Pres.
Classic Cars Ltd.
THIS PARTICULAR 1965 RAMBLER MARLIN
Features of this particular car:
- Very Solid Rust Free Body with a History of Lifetime California Ownership
- Bulletproof 3.8 Liter Engine
- 3 Speed Automatic transmission
- Stock & Very Rare Wheel Covers
- Unmodified Interior in Excellent Condition
- Factory installed & fully functional radio
- Tidy Engine Compartment
- Trunk is Solid & Immaculate
Note: This is an example where ‽A photo is worth 100 words.” Please review the photos carefully to get a feel for the quality of this rare and special 60's piece of history!
We haven't seen a Marlin in many, many, years and, we must say, have really enjoyed having this example in our showroom and driving around Pleasanton. Since we opened Classic Cars Ltd. over 25 years ago, we have seen and had the pleasure of driving everything from exotics to classics, to highly unique cars of all types. We can't remember getting more thumbs up and positive comments when we drive, and stop in this one!! The combination of the cars uniqueness, 60's styling, and overall condition attracts more attention than those red cars with the "Prancing Horse” emblems.
This example has been adult owned, restored as necessary with proper period materials for a lovely appearance. The care that the Marlin received is obvious, and cared for, and it shows. Not only is it cosmetically excellent but it represents a car that can be used and enjoyed for any number of reasons ranging from cruising to local cruises and collector car shows. We imagine the folks in the Midwest (especially Wisconsin!) will have a keen interest in this one since most of the cars in that region rusted away years ago.
CONDITION SUMMARY - 1965 RAMBLER MARLIN 2 DOOR SPORT COUPE
The Marlin represents a very clean example of a California car that had been under the care of the previous owner for 10 years. The car is a desirable 2 door, 1965 Marlin and is striking in its factory produced Classic white with black interior. While the car has had some significant cosmetic improvements, it remains in virtually 100% stock configuration.
Mechanically, the car is strong and drives really well. The undercarriage is dry and there are no major leaks in the engine or drive-line. The Marlin retains stock drive-line including the engine, transmission, rear end, and other major mechanical components. The Marlin is fitted with power steering and brakes.
The Marlin passed the California required safety inspection and has functional lighting systems. It is smog exempt as a 1965 model year (any vehicle older than 1975 does not require a smog inspection in California).
EXTERIOR PAINT / BODY
- Beautiful factory correct color in high quality, trim removed silver metallic
- Beautiful, damage free body with excellent door, hood and trunk gaps
- Correct exterior trim
- "California clean" chassis and other suspension components
- Very nice panel gaps / fit
- Straight, damage free undercarriage - no indications of repairs / damage or replacement
- Excellent exterior trim
- Driver's side factory mirror with ‽R” (Rambler)
- Beautiful chrome bumpers
- Excellent glass & trim (all windows roll up easily, no damage to windshield)
- Functional locks including trunk
- Very nice upholstery (front & back)
- Totally stock interior
- No seat belts required in California since in 1965 they were not required (hard to believe, but true)
- Factory AM radio that works fine with ‽Realistic” rear speakers / improved ‽sound system”
- Excellent carpet
- Solid dash with two minor cracks
- Very good headliner
ENGINE & TRUNK
The engine bay is very today and totally unmodified / stock. The Marlin delivers very nice performance from its factory engine and the automatic transmission shifts beautifully. The car does not smoke, leak significant fluids, or exhibit any drivability issues. The car steers straight, stops straight and well, and has a properly adjusted e-brake. It is a very comfortable car to drive and we have driven it on the highway over 100 miles and it is a joy to drive.
The trunk is very clean and fitted with the original mat. The original spare is present but missing a spare tire that will need to be sourced by the cars new owner. There are no signs of damage to any part of the inner trunk, supports, or other areas.
The new owner will receive the following:
- A 1960's dealer advertising, full color brochure
- An original owner's manual
- Clear California title
HISTORY - 1965 RAMBLER MARLIN HARDTOP COUPE
The Marlin was one of the unique group of cars introduced in the 1960's in favor of the demand for sporty, fastback cars. Many think that it resembles the Dodge Charger of the era and collectors are beginning to show a keen interest in the Marlin due to its unique styling characteristics. The 1965 Rambler Marlin was essentially a re-roofed version of the intermediate Rambler Classic, yielding "3+3" seating. Styling, created by Richard A. Teague, was first seen on a handsome 1964 show car, the Tarpon, based on the smaller Rambler American platform (which would have made it a 2+2).
Many thought the sweeping fastback looked great, and it had the benefit of offering more room than other sporty coupes / sedans of the period.
Automotive journalists sited the following as benefits of the Marlin:
- Good performance
- Historical uniqueness and potential for future collectability
- Plush interior
- Reasonable prices considering the skyrocketing cost of other collectibles
- Comfortable seating / excellent ride
LICENSE / REGISTRATION / INSPECTION
- Currently licensed & registered in California (Clear title) until 1/29/19 for CA buyers
- The Marlin is exempt from California smog inspection based on its age
- Recently passed the California safety inspection (proper lights, turn signals, etc.
MISCELLANEOUS GENERAL INFORMATION
- We have a number of additional, detailed photographs but are only able to show 75+ on our listings. Please let us know if we can provide additional detailed photos of any part of the Marlin.
- We have been shipping vehicles for years and have established excellent contacts that are not only high quality but very price competitive. We do not use brokers, terminal shipping or other discount methods. Call us or email for a quote directly to your home or office using an open or enclosed transporter
- As with virtually all collector/specialty vehicles, we find that parts and resources are readily available for this (and most every vehicle), thanks in large part to the Internet!
- In addition to the purchase price of the vehicle, California buyers will be subject to sales tax, documentation fee, DMV transfer fees and license/registration. Out-of-state buyers will be responsible for the purchase price of the vehicle and any local taxes/fees will be the purchaser's responsibility to pay in their respective state. IMPORTANT NOTE: If the vehicle is delivered or driven in California and driven on California roads, sales-tax, license registration and transfer fees will be assessed per California law.
- We encourage telephone calls to discuss this vehicle in greater detail and will be glad to call you to answer any questions about the vehicle; shipping alternatives, etc. please e-mail us with your telephone number and will gladly get back in touch with you.
- As with any collectible vehicle of this vintage we are unable to provide a warranty or guarantee of condition. However, we make every effort to accurately represent our vehicles, and highlight both positive items as well as areas that require attention. We ask that prospective buyers consider our eBay history/feedback, standing in the community, length of time in business, and other factors when purchasing a collectible vehicle from Classic Cars Ltd.
- Please keep in mind that minor cosmetic issues/flaws may be present on every vehicle (regardless of cost) including small chips, nicks, scratches, etc. that can be seen on even the best restoration, or even a relatively new, used "pre-owned" vehicle. Also, ownership of a collectible / specialty vehicle is more enjoyable if the owner is familiar with the "realities" of these unique cars. Unlike more modern day vehicles, these cars require regular, ongoing care/maintenance and some mechanical knowledge, patience, and understanding can make the experience considerably more pleasant. That said, collector / specialty car owners will tell you (emphatically) that they love their cars and wouldn't trade them for anything!!
- The information contained in this description is believed to be accurate but, in some instances, has been provided by the car's owner / owners or outside sources. As a result, we are unable to guarantee the accuracy of the information. We encourage verification of "numbers" and significant data prior to the purchase of any collector vehicle that you are considering.
PURCHASING A COLLECTOR VEHICLE - THINGS TO CONSIDER
As always, we recommend that you carefully review the seller's background of any collector car being sold over the Internet. We believe that it is important to ask yourself a number of questions including, but not limited to:
- How long have they been in business?
- How much experience do they have with collector cars?
- How many positive collector car vehicle sales have completed (positive eBay feedback)?
- How detailed/complete is the description of the vehicle?
- Do the photos show details of the interior, exterior, top, chrome, etc. or are they simply "Glamour Shots" taken from a distance?
- Does the seller have a Surety Bond to protect the financial transaction?
- What about insurance, licensing by the state, and a local business license?
- Does the seller (if a business) have any DMV (Motor Vehicle) complaints and/or other history of legal action, grievances?
- Does the seller enjoy a favorable local and national/international reputation?
- Can the seller assist with funding sources, transport and out of state/country sales?
ABOUT CLASSIC CARS LTD.
- Classic Cars Ltd. has been in the same, small, California town for over 25 years. We operate a small "brick & mortar", indoor showroom, and specialize in the sale, consignment, and purchase of sports, high performance and specialty vehicles of all types. We have a particular interest in sports cars and unique vehicles.
- The majority of our vehicles come from local, private owners and collectors, and many were sold new in California. We appreciate that rust free cars, with excellent documentation and history are especially attractive to our buyers both locally, and around the country. As a result, we do not purchase our collectible cars from "distressed" sales, such as wholesale auctions, salvage sales, or lien sales. We do not sell vehicles with salvage titles, or those that have a history of significant accident damage or repair.
- Please review our feedback on eBay (user name Never22Many) representing over 965~ positive transactions to buyers all over the United States / World.
- We are fully insured, bonded, and licensed for collector car sales all over the United States/World.
- Classic Cars Ltd. carries a $50,000 Surety bond to cover financial transactions
- We frequently sell vehicles to out of State / out of country buyers, and will be glad to provide references for buyers in your area.
Classic Cars Ltd.
|Body Type / Style:||Coupe
|Interior Color:||White & Black|
|California Lic & Reg|
Clear Title Included
Exempt From Smog in California
Factory AM Radio
Heater / Defroster
Local California "Survivor"
| ||Local California "Survivor"|
No Rust CA. Body
Original Sheet Metal
Runs / Drives Very Well
113,331 Original California Miles
Like New Carpet
Excellent Sun Visors