2004 Mercedes SL500
One Owner SL500 Convertible / Hardtop - 44,052 Original California Miles
Finished in "Brilliant Silver" / Ash Leather
Well Maintained Local Example - Totally Clean CarFax
Navigation, Hands Free Communication System, Xenon Headlights
NOTE: Our listings are rather lengthy. They not only describe this particular car but also some history of the make/model, considerations in buying a classic car and facts about our firm. However, we continually hear from out of state / out of country buyers (many of our clients) that they prefer the level of detail that we provide. However, if you are not prepared to read the full listing, please review the OVERVIEW below along with the PHOTOGRAPHS at the bottom. If you'd prefer, please call us at 925-846-1451 and we'll gladly discuss the SL500 and answer any questions over the telephone, including our "Buy it Now" policy. Yes, the SL500 can be purchased prior to the end of the eBay auction.
PLEASE NOTE: EACH TIME WE LIST A VEHICLE ON eBay WE RECEIVE COMMENTS THAT THERE ARE NO PHOTOS OF THE INTERIOR, ENGINE, UNDERCARRIAGE, ETC. OF THE CAR. THERE ARE CLOSE TO 100 PHOTOS OF ALL AREAS OF THIS CORVETTE, BUT WHEN YOU REACH WHAT APPEARS TO BE THE LAST PHOTO, YOU WILL NEED TO SCROLL DOWN ON eBay TO VIEW THE REMAINING PHOTOS. IF YOU ARE STILL UNABLE TO SEE THEM, PLEASE CALL US AT 925-846-1451 AND WE WILL PROVIDE A DIRECT LINK. NOTE: IT IS A VIOLATION OF eBay POLICY FOR US TO LIST THE URL ON THE eBay LISTING. PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE ADDITIONAL PHOTOS OF ANY PART OF THE SL500.
Please keep in mind that we will gladly...
1. Answer any questions over the telephone and take the time to guide prospective customers through the buying process (925-846-1451).
2. Assist with locating a quality, suitable transporter at very competitive prices.
3. Provide proof that we are licensed, bonded (for the financial transaction), fully insured, and operate from an established showroom environment.
4. Provide feedback from previous buyers, and specific references for vehicle purchases in your area (we also ask that you view our detailed eBay feedback by clicking on the number to the right of the eBay user name)
5. Offer additional information including specific photographs or clarification of any part of our description of the vehicle
Thank you again, please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Paul R. Wankle, Pres.
Classic Cars Ltd.
OVERVIEW-THIS PARTICULAR 2004 MERCEDES-BENZ SL500 ROADSTER
We are regularly asked to locate very well maintained, "honest” examples of the desirable Mercedes SL cars. Frankly, many of the Mercedes cars on the market today are not vehicles that we would consider worthy of consideration for our customers that are searching for high quality, pre-owned, low mileage Mercedes SL convertibles. More often than not, the available SL cars have high mileage, have not received the necessary maintenance, and have not been serviced by a Mercedes Benz dealer or qualified technicians. That is certainly not the case with this particular SL. This is a truly lovely SL 500 that has been well cared for by its one and only local California owner.
This SL500 hardtop/roadster is elegant and sophisticated while providing truly wonderful, sporty performance, and handling. With just over only 44K miles and a lifetime in California, it is in truly excellent condition, both cosmetically and mechanically. It is ready to be driven and enjoyed by its new owner. Major features include:
- 5.0 Liter V8 engine
- 7 speed automatic transmission with manual shift mode
- Power retractable hardtop
- Beautiful "Brilliant Silver" paint
- "Ash” leather interior
- Command navigation / audio system
- 8 speaker Bose sound system
- Dual zone automatic climate control
- 12-way adjustable heated seats with pneumatic lumbar support
- Striking light burl wood trim
- Bi-Xenon automatic headlamps with washers
- 18 inch 5 spoke alloy wheels
- 100% Clean CARFAX including maintenance history by Mercedes and qualified local German repair specialists
The SL 500 is in beautiful condition both inside and out and reflects the care that the car has received mechanically and cosmetically. The classic "Bright silver” paint remains high gloss, and free from any indication of accident damage, or repairs. The only notable cosmetic imperfections are to the lower front spoiler area that has the normal scrapes from parking, and steep driveway access.
The interior is equally as nice and reflects minimal wear having been driven by a female owner. As a result, the car does not show the damage to the driver's side bolster that we see on so many Mercedes SL cars. In fact, the entire interior shows very minimal to no signs of wear on the seats, carpeting, dash, instruments, and other interior components. In typical Mercedes fashion, the electrical system is fully functional and there are no warning lights or needs. The extensive photographs reflect the car's condition including the body, paint, engine compartment, interior, rear compartment and underside.
The Mercedes has been well maintained and includes a file documenting its repair history along with a clean Carfax report that also documents the service history. Initially, the Mercedes was serviced by the delivering dealer, Claridge's Ltd., Fremont, CA. and subsequently by qualified German specialty mechanics. The car has never been abused, and always garaged when not in use. The computer(s) show the car to be free from any "codes" and repairs are well documented on the totally clean CarFax report along with invoices that will go to the new owner with the Mercedes. While the length of maintenance performed over the course of 14~ years is too extensive to list item by item, the following summary will provide the prospective buyer with the level of care the Mercedes has received.
4/16/04 / 37 miles - Delivered to the
9/21/05 / 7,132 miles - A-Service Performed
8/25/07 / 11,743 miles - B- Service Incl. brake fluid change and warranty items
8/13/09 / 15,565 miles - A-Service & new brakes / rotors
7/1/10 / 17,238 miles - New cam sensor
3/2/10 / 16,435 miles - Smog - passed
7/1/10 / 18,835 miles - New shift assembly / reprogram
10/11/11 / 21,368 miles - A-Service, R&R valve cover gaskets
2/24/12 / 23,060 miles - New battery & smog - passed
2/26/13 / miles not noted - A-service, check all systems
11/21/13 / 29,563 miles - A-Service, check all belts / systems
12/18/14 / 30,262 miles - A-Service, replace rear strut assembly, new engine mounts, replace power steering
hoses/new fluid, reline front brakes, OBD scan
3/16/15 / 33,265 miles - Replace valve cover gaskets, rear engine oil main seal., install new seal plate
12/4/15 / 35,504 miles - New battery
7/17/17 / 40,481 miles - Replace hydraulic suspension pump / refill
12/20/17 / 42,354 miles - Smog- passed
8/21/18 / 43,123 miles - Replace faulty alarm siren
11/12/18 / 44,025 miles - Complete oil service including brake fluid change, air filter, and cabin filter
The service records accompany the Mercedes as do the original delivery books, manuals, factory window sticker and delivery invoice ($98,500.00 new)
DETAILS-THIS PARTICULAR 2004 MERCEDES-BENZ SL500
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) WDBSK75F66F118194
Paint code: 744 - Bright Silver
Interior code: 208 - Ash Leather
Production Date: 12/12/03
OPTIONS INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- 048 - Navigation CD Collection
- 051 - Hands free communication system with VCS
- 614 - Xenon headlights
- Engine 5.0 L V8
- 302 horsepower
- Drive type: rear wheel drive
- Transmission: 7-speed shiftable automatic
- Speed-proportional power steering
- Cruise control
- Multi-link front and rear suspension
- Four-wheel independent suspension
- 18" 5-spoke multi-piece alloy wheels
- Excellent matching front / rear Michelin Pilot Sport factory recommended tire with excellent tread
SAFETY AND SECURITY
- High Strength Steel Reinforced Cabin with Front and Rear Crumple Zones
- Supplemental Restraint System with Occupant Sensor
- Dual Two-Stage Front Airbags, Head-Thorax Side Impact Airbags and Driver's Knee Air Bag
- Bi-Xenon Automatic Headlamps with Twilight Sensor and High Pressure - Washers and auto delay off
- Anti-Theft Alarm with Engine Immobilizer
- Tire Pressure monitoring System
- Automatic Pop-Up Rollover Bar
- Integrated Seatbelts including Emergency Retractors and Force Limiters
- 4-wheel Electronic disc Braking System with Anti-lock and Brake Assist
- Electronic Stability Program with Automatic Slip Control
- Daytime running lights
- Front fog/driving lights
- Power adjustable headrests
- Self-leveling headlights
- Emergency interior trunk release
- Classic silver paint in excellent condition
- Power retractable hardtop
- Turn signals in mirrors
- Side mirrors both power and heated
- Reverse tilt passenger mirror provides curb view when vehicle in reverse
- Variable intermittent rain sensing wipers
- "German" precision fit of all body panels
- Ash leather interior
- Heated 12-way adjustable seats
- Power adjustable lumbar support in seats
- Electric adjustable tilt and telescoping steering column w/ 3 position memory
- Burl walnut wood trim
- Dual illuminating vanity mirrors
- Super plush floor mats
- Sunshade/windscreens behind seats
- 3-zone automatic climate control w/ charcoal filter
- Auto dimming rear and side mirrors
- Remote power door locks
- 2 one-touch power windows
- DVD command navigation system
- Keyless GO vehicle entry and starting system
- Rear defogger
- Front console with storage
- Front cup holders
- Front door pockets
- Remote trunk release
- Luggage net in trunk
- Rear luggage belts
- Universal remote transmitter (for garage door, security system, etc.)
- No damage or flaws in upholstery or carpet
- Analog gages; all function as normal
- Width: 71.5 in.
- Height: 51.0 in.
- Length: 178.5 in.
- Front track: 61.8 in.
- Rear track: 61.1 in.
- Wheel base: 100.8 in.
- Turning circle: 36.2 ft.
- Cargo capacity, all seats in place: 11.2 cu.ft.
- Front head room: 37.7 in.
- Front leg room: 42.9 in.
- Front shoulder room: 54.0 in.
- Drag Coefficient: 0.30
- Curb weight: 4564 lb.
- Fuel tank capacity: 21.1 gal.
- Range in miles (Hwy): 379.8 mi.
HISTORY-MERCEDES BENZ SL-CLASS
The Mercedes-Benz SL-Class is a grand touring car manufactured by Mercedes since 1954. The designation SL derives from the German Sportlich-Leicht. The original idea was suggested by American importer Max Hoffman, who perceived a market for a toned-down Gran Prix car tailored to affluent performance enthusiasts in the booming post-war American market, which remains the primary market for the vehicles. The fifth generation SL (Mercedes-Benz R230 platform) was in production between 2002 and 2008.
- Current California registration and clear California title
- Passed the California required safety inspection for working wipers, turn signals, lights, brakes, tires, etc.
- Remote key w/ panic button
- Clean CARFAX
PURCHASING A COLLECTOR VEHICLE - THINGS TO CONSIDER
As always, we recommend that you carefully review the seller's background for any collector car being sold over the Internet. It is important to ask yourself a number of questions including, but not limited to:
- How long have they been in business?
- How much experience do they have with collector cars?
- How many positive collector car vehicle sales have they completed (positive eBay feedback)?
- How detailed/complete is the description of the vehicle?
- Do the photos show details of the interior, exterior, top, chrome, etc. or are they simply "glamour shots" taken from a distance?
- Does the seller have a Surety Bond to protect the financial transaction?
- What about insurance, licensing by the state, and a local business license?
- Does the seller (if a business) have any DMV (Motor Vehicle) complaints and/or other history of legal action, grievances?
- Does the seller enjoy a favorable local and national/international reputation?
- Can the seller assist with funding sources, transport and out of state/country sales?
ABOUT CLASSIC CARS LTD.
- Classic Cars Ltd. has been in the same, small, California town for over 25 years. We operate a small "brick & mortar", indoor showroom, and specialize in the sale, consignment, and purchase of sports, high performance and specialty vehicles of all types. We have a particular interest in sports cars and unique vehicles.
- The majority of our vehicles come from local, private owners and collectors, and many were sold new in California. We appreciate that rust free cars, with excellent documentation and history are especially attractive to our buyers both locally, and around the country. As a result, we do not purchase our collectible cars from "distressed" sales, such as wholesale auctions, salvage sales, or lien sales. We do not sell vehicles with salvage titles, or those that have a history of significant accident damage or repair.
- We have sold hundreds of unique, classic and collectible vehicles and regularly deal with buyers that have not had the experience of purchasing a large (both physically and monetarily) item on eBay, or through an Internet source. Our eBay feedback is 100% positive on all vehicle sales from customers around the globe and is a reflection of our commitment to accurate, complete, and thorough vehicle descriptions.
- We have been shipping vehicles for years and have established excellent contacts that are not only high quality but very price competitive. We do not use brokers, terminal shipping or other discount methods. Call us or email for a quote directly to your home or office. We are often able to obtain quality enclosed transportation (the kind of travel this car deserves) for the cost of open shipping.
- Please review our feedback on eBay (user name Never22Many) representing over 970+ positive transactions to buyers all over the United States / World.
- We are fully insured, bonded, and licensed for collector car sales all over the United States/World.
- Classic Cars Ltd. carries a $50,000 Surety bond to cover financial transactions
- We frequently sell vehicles to out of State / out of country buyers, and will be glad to provide references for buyers in your area.
MISCELLANEOUS GENERAL INFORMATION
- As with virtually all collector/specialty vehicles, we find that parts and resources are readily available for this (and most every vehicle), thanks in large part to the Internet.
- In addition to the purchase price of the vehicle, California buyers will be subject to sales tax, a documentation fee, DMV transfer fees and license/registration. Out-of-state buyers will be responsible for the purchase price of the vehicle and any local taxes/fees will be the purchaser's responsibility to pay in their respective state. IMPORTANT NOTE: If the vehicle is delivered or driven in California and driven on California roads, sales-tax, license/registration and transfer fees will be assessed per California law.
- We encourage telephone calls to discuss this vehicle in greater detail. If you would prefer that we call you to answer any questions about the vehicle; shipping alternatives, etc. please e-mail us with your telephone number and will gladly get back in touch with you.
- We encourage inspections of this SL500 by serious, qualified individuals or professional inspectors. Please call at 925-846-1451 to arrange a convenient time.
- We can offer a variety of warranties for this particular Mercedes, upon request. We make every effort to accurately represent our vehicles, and highlight both positive items as well as areas that require attention. We ask that prospective buyers consider our eBay history/feedback, standing in the community, length of time in business, and other factors when purchasing a collectible vehicle from Classic Cars Ltd.
- Minor cosmetic issues/flaws may be present on every vehicle (regardless of cost) including small chips, nicks, scratches, etc. that can be seen on even the best restoration, or even a relatively new, used "pre-owned" vehicle. Also, ownership of a collectible / specialty vehicle is more enjoyable if the owner is familiar with the "realities" of these unique cars. Unlike more modern day vehicles, these cars require regular, ongoing care/maintenance and some mechanical knowledge, patience, and understanding can make the experience considerably more pleasant. That said, collector / "specialty" car owners will tell you (emphatically) that they love their cars and wouldn't trade them for anything!!
- The information contained in this description is believed to be accurate but, in some instances, has been provided by the car's owner / owners or outside sources. As a result, we are unable to guarantee the accuracy of the information. We encourage verification of "numbers" and significant data prior to the purchase of any collector vehicle that you are considering.
Classic Cars Ltd.
|Body Type / Style:||Convertible / Hardtop
|Exterior Color:||Brilliant Silver|
|Interior Color:||Ash Leather|
|4-Wheel Disc Brakes|
California Lic & Reg
Dual Side Mirrors
Factory AM/FM Pwr. Ant.
Factory Original Spare / Tools
Factory Power Top
Finished / Carpeted Trunk
No Rust CA. Body
| ||One Owner|
Original California Car
Original Jack & Tools
Space Saver Spare / Jack