1994 Acura NSX
Spectacular 1994 NSX
Very Tasteful Upgrades / Modifications
Fanatically Well Maintained / Serviced
HISTORY - ACURA NSX
What some observers considered to be Acura's "Ferrari-fighter" went on sale in summer 1990, accompanied by considerable fanfare. Part of that fanfare had to do with price, because this new entrant from Honda's luxury division was the most expensive Japanese-brand car on the U.S. market. Because of its instant popularity, early NSXs were sold for amounts well above the suggested sticker price.
An all-out mid-engine sports car, the new NSX 2-passenger coupe had a body and suspension made of aluminum. The engine was transversely mounted in "mid-ship”, between the seats and ahead of the rear axle. The engine itself was an all aluminum 3.0-liter V6 with dual overhead cams, and variable valve timing. All of the initial NSX coupes had 5-speed manual transmissions, and the V6 produced 270 horsepower. Later in the production of the NSX a 4-speed automatic transmission was introduced that resulted in a reduction of horsepower (around 252 hp).
The NSX could accelerate to 60 mph in a swift 5.6 seconds, according to its maker, and run a quarter-mile in 13.7 seconds. Acura intended to offer no more than 3000 cars per year in the U.S. market. Chassis features included a fully independent suspension, antilock all-disc brakes, traction control, Yokohama A-022 tires (205/50ZR15 in front and 225/50ZR16 in the rear) on forged aluminum wheels. Standard equipment included a driver's airbag, leather upholstery, air conditioning, 4 speaker Acura/Bose stereo system power windows, power locks, a tilt steering wheel, and automatic climate control.
A few changes in the early years of production of the NSX included:
* New passenger side airbag and seatbelt pre-tensioners were installed.
* Center council was redesigned and an integral cup holder was installed.
* Tire size increased with up front tires being increased to 215/45ZR 15”, and rear tires to 8.5 inches wide with245/40ZR 17” rubber.
* 1994 introduced standard leather upholstery, now available in tan as well as black or white.
THIS PARTICULAR 1994 ACURA NSX
This Acura NSX is, frankly, a simply magnificent example. We can not imagine a better pre-owned NSX of this vintage (or even a considerably newer NSX, for that matter) from both a cosmetic perspective, and when it comes to the service and ongoing maintenance that this car has received. Additionally, the NSX is painted one of the more desirable colors, Berlina Black, with an absolutely striking tan leather interior.
The NSX is offered with a completely clean Car Fax report that reflects the extensive dealer maintenance that the car has received. Also, repair receipts for the service history as outline will be included with the vehicle as will all of the original manuals, books, and documents.
Finally, the Acura underwent a thorough pre-inspection evaluation at 90,392 miles, fewer than 1,500 miles ago. At that time, the Acura vehicle Care Clinic inspection resulted in absolutely no ‽Requires Attention” ratings (included with extensive documentation & orginal delivery documents) The major operating systems including, but not limited to, the engine, transmission, brakes, steering, fuel system, etc. were found to have absolutely no issues. The NSX was given a totally clean bill of health with 95% remaining on all four tires.
BODY / PAINT / INTERIOR
The quality of the paint and body on this NSX is exceptional. The car was repainted not because of any accident damage or major flaws, but as a result of the owner's interest in maintaining the cars of appearance to the highest possible standard. The bumper/front end of the NSX had some minor road chips/nicks and it was decided to repaint the entire car to make the overall quality far above even the most well cared for NSX.
When the car was repainted, it was professionally completed using the finest materials and receiving proper and thorough preparation. The following is a summary of some of the items that have been completed on the car within the last few years:
2001 Black Glasurite complete re-spray (paint code included) in factory original color
2007 Litronic lighting system installed (bright, similar to new BMW's)
2007 - All bulbs replaced including parking & brake lights
2005 - All 3 windows received professional window tint (very high quality)
An inspection of the car's body reveals virtually no significant damage and not even the typical dings, paint chips, scratches and other flaws that one would normally find on a vehicle of this age. This is due, in part, to the car's significant cosmetic upgrading in 2001, coupled with its high level of care and maintenance.
The quality of the interior is equally as good as that of the exterior body and paint. As the photographs reflect, outside of the normal fine patina of leather on the seats, there are no rips, tears or other damage and the driver's side seat bolster shows only the most minor ‽rubbing” on the left side. The remainder of the interior is excellent and all of the gauges, switches and controls are fully functional as one would expect from a reliable, dependable Acura automobile.
The NSX is equipped with factory coordinated, logo floor mats and the door panels, dash, and headliner reflect the level of care /use on would expect from it executive owner.
To say that this car has been extremely well maintained would be an understatement. The owner of the NSX is a long standing customer of Classic Cars Ltd. that we have enjoyed working on the sale of a number of his collector/specialty vehicles. He is interested in acquiring only the finest examples of sports and high-performance cars for his personal use and, historically, puts very few miles on the cars during his time of ownership. However, during the time that he owns these cars he is absolutely fanatical about ongoing maintenance employing a” no expense spared” approach to each and every vehicle.
While interested in performance, Mr. T's vehicles are never raced (tracked), abused, or taken for granted. The modifications or upgrades that are performed are of the highest quality, professionally installed, and tastefully completed.
Also, note that the engine bay has not be cleaned up for the sale or photographs. It has been maintained in this condition at all times by its particular owner.
Consider the following extensive list of upgrades and features on this NSX:
2007 - Front type R strut braces
2007 - Front & rear Alex Zarnardi sway bars
2004 - Bilstien shocks 7 springs on al 4 corners
2006 - New brakes & slotted rotors (All 4)
2005 - 4 New Eagle F1 tires
2006 - Comptech rear stabilizer bar
2004 - SSR Gunmetal color wheels ($375 EACH)
12-2006 Complete dealer service including: timing belt, new pulley belt, water pump, water pump seal, new coolant, fresh transmission fluid, new CV joints, & more! (Total cost $4212.71, receipt included)
12-2006 Added S.O.S. Big bore throttle body, Hi-Flow Intake, S.O.S chip mod, HIP mod, new spark plugs, tune-up (25 hp increase)
4-2007 Comptech headers added (Installed by dealer) (Adds approximately 20~ hp)
4-2007 Titec GT Lightweight exhaust (Saves 25 lbs. & adds 15~ horsepower)
(Total modifications bring the car up to approximately 335 horsepower with a weight reduction of over 75 lbs.) It is estimated that this NSX will do 0-60 mph in 5 seconds!
Passed California's new, stringent Dynamometer smog test (as configured) within 90 days
Pre-purchase completed in 2006 and TOTALLY clean. (Available)
Synthetic oil changes performed every 3,000 miles using Mobile 1 oil and dealer oil filters (extra filters included with sale)
New performance clutch assembly installed at 88,000 miles (barely broken in!) The NSX has been driven by a one driver ‽mature” owner.
Valves adjusted at 86,000 Miles (serviced by dealer)
Smartena modification performed
This NSX is a "no surprises” example of the one of the finest ovrall, high performance touring sports cars available in the marketplace today. It is a truly exceptional car and is being offered at a fraction of its original (and many believe very reasonable) MSRP price.
MISCELLANEOUS GENERAL INFORMATION
* We have had very good success utilizing UShip.com in locating transporters (especially for relatively short distances), and recommend giving them a try. For long distance enclosed transport we recommend Showtime Motorsports (enclosed transport only) for competitive national moves.
* As with virtually all collector/specialty vehicles, we find that parts and resources are readily available for this (and most every vehicle), thanks in large part to the Internet!
* In addition to the purchase price of the vehicle, California buyers will be subject to sales tax, documentation fee, DMV transfer fees and license/registration. Out-of-state buyers will be responsible for the purchase price of the vehicle and any local taxes/fees will be the purchaser's responsibility to pay in their respective state.
IMPORTANT NOTE: if the vehicle is delivered or driven in California and driven on California roads, sales-tax, license registration and transfer fees will be assessed per California law.
* While we encourage telephone calls to discuss this vehicle in greater detail we will not respond to inquiries asking ‽What is the reserve”. Also, if you would prefer that we call you to answer any questions about the vehicle; shipping alternatives, etc. please e-mail us with your telephone number and will gladly get back in touch with you.
* As with any collectible vehicle of this vintage we are unable to provide a warranty or guarantee of condition. However, we make every effort to accurately represent our vehicles, and highlight both positive items as well as areas that require attention. We ask that prospective buyers consider our EBay history/feedback, standing in the community, length of time in business, and other factors when purchasing a collectible vehicle from Classic Cars Ltd.
* Please keep in mind that, as with any used vehicle, minor cosmetic issues/flaws may be present that add to the ‽patina” of the car and are a part of even the best restoration, or even a relatively new, used ‽pre-owned” vehicle. Also, ownership of a vintage British (or any other type vehicle, for that matter) is more enjoyable if the owner is familiar with the ‽realities” of these unique cars. Unlike more modern day vehicles, these cars require regular, ongoing care/maintenance and some mechanical knowledge, patience, and understanding can make the experience considerably more pleasant. That said, collector / ‽specialty” car owners will tell you (emphatically) that they love their cars and wouldn't trade them for anything!!
PURCHASING A COLLECTOR VEHICLE - THINGS TO CONSIDER
As always, we recommend that you carefully review the seller's background of any collector car being sold over the Internet. We believe that it is important to ask yourself a number of questions including, but not limited to:
- How long have they been in business?
- How much experience do they have with collector cars?
- How many positive collector car vehicle sales have completed (positive EBay feedback)?
- How detailed/complete is the description of the vehicle?
- Do the photos show details of the interior, exterior, top, chrome, etc. or are they simply "Glamour Shots" taken from a distance?
- Does the seller have a Surety Bond to protect the financial transaction?
- What about insurance, licensing by the state, and a local business license?
- Does the seller (if a business) have any DMV (Motor Vehicle) complaints and/or other history of legal action, grievances?
- Does the seller enjoy a favorable local and national/international reputation?
- Can the seller assist with funding sources, transport and out of state/country sales?
ABOUT CLASSIC CARS LTD.
* Classic Cars Ltd. has been in the same, small, California town for over 15 is years. We operate a small "brick & mortar”, indoor showroom, and specialize in the sale, consignment, and purchase of sports, high performance and specialty vehicles of all types. We have a particular interest in sports cars and unique vehicles.
* The majority of our vehicles come from local, private owners and collectors, and many were sold new in California. We appreciate that rust free cars, with excellent documentation and history are especially attractive to our buyers both locally, and around the country. As a result, we do not purchase our collectible cars from "distressed" sales, such as wholesale auctions, salvage sales, or lien sales. We do not sell vehicles with salvage titles, or those that have a history of significant accident damage or repair.
* Please review our feedback on eBay (user name Never22Many) representing over 400 positive transactions to buyers all over the United States / World.
* We are fully insured, bonded, and licensed for collector car sales all over the United States/World.
* Classic Cars Ltd. carries a $50,000 Surety bond to cover financial transactions
* We enjoy excellent relationships with a number of transport companies and, as a result, can often times obtain preferred pricing for vehicle shipping. Please give us a call and we will be glad to refer you to suitable transport companies. Needless to say, we would recommend a quality, enclosed transporter that is experience with moving high quality, collectible cars.
* We frequently sell vehicles to out of State / out of country buyers, and will be glad to provide references for buyers in your area.
Classic Cars Ltd.
|Body Type / Style:||Sports Car
|Transmission: ||5 Speed Manual
Alloy Valve Covers
Fog / Driving Lights
Original Jack & Tools
| ||Original Owners Manual|
Power Driver's Seat
Stainless Steel Exhaust System
Sway Bars (Front & Rear)