1996 Acura NSX
58,889 Mile Top - Finished in Rare "Grand Prix White" / Tan Leather
Totally Stock Example - No Mechanical or Suspension Modifications
Service History by Acura Since New - New Tires / Wheels
PLEASE NOTE: EACH TIME WE LIST A VEHICLE ON eBay WE RECEIVE COMMENTS THAT THERE ARE NO PHOTOS OF THE INTERIOR, ENGINE, UNDERCARRIAGE, ETC. OF THE CAR. THERE ARE CLOSE TO 100 PHOTOS OF ALL AREAS OF THE "NSX" BUT, WHEN YOU REACH WHAT APPEARS TO BE THE LAST PHOTO, YOU WILL NEED TO SCROLL DOWN ON eBay TO VIEW THE REMAINING PHOTOS. IF YOU ARE STILL UNABLE TO SEE THEM, PLEASE CALL US AT 925-846-1451 AND WE WILL PROVIDE A DIRECT LINK. NOTE: IT IS A VIOLATION OF EBAY POLICY FOR US TO LIST THE URL ON THE eBay LISTING
CLASSIC CARS LTD.
(925) 846 1451
INTRODUCTION TO CLASSIC CARS LTD. eBay AUCTIONS
Thank you for visiting our eBay auction. We appreciate your interest in the NSX and feel that it is important that we provide some basic information relative to our business philosophy and utilization of eBay to offer our collectible & classic vehicles to a worldwide audience.
For close to 20 years, Classic Cars Ltd. has operated a "brick & mortar" showroom located in Pleasanton, CA. just outside of San Francisco California. We have sold hundreds of unique, classic and collectible vehicles and regularly deal with buyer's that have not had the experience of purchasing a large (both physically, and monetarily!) item on eBay, or through an Internet source. Our eBay feedback is 100% positive on vehicle sales from customers around the globe and is a reflection of our commitment to accurate, complete, and thorough vehicle descriptions.
While we have had comments about the length of our narrative on each vehicle, most serious buyers appreciate the detailed photographs and descriptions and believe that "more is better." However, if you are looking for a brief summary of the vehicle, please view the photographs and scroll to the very bottom of the listing where you will find a summary of the car for sale including; Make, model, mileage, specifications, etc.
Please keep in mind that we will gladly...
1. Answer any questions over the telephone and take the time to guide prospective customers through the buying process (925-846-1451).
2. Assist with locating a quality, suitable transporter at very competitive prices.
3. Provide proof that we are licensed, bonded (for the financial transaction), fully insured, and operate from an established showroom environment.
4. Provide feedback from previous buyers, and specific references for vehicle purchases in your area (we also ask that you view our detailed eBay feedback by clicking on the number to the right of the eBay user name)
5. Offer additional information including specific photographs or clarification of any part of our description of the vehicle
Thank you again, please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Cheers and Happy "eBaying"!
Paul R. Wankle, Pres.
Classic Cars Ltd.
THE ACURA NSX - HISTORY
The mid-engined NSX appeared on the supercar market in 1991 and has continued in production for over ten years. Honda had been dominating Formula One racing and decided to continue that domination in the showrooms. In over a decade the NSX has not changed much. Its styling appears to be derived for the mid-engined Lotus Esprit of the 1970's, with its flat but angular styling cues. In February of 1989 Acura introduced a new sports car at the Chicago Auto Show, the NS-X. Its introduction is significant, being the first supercar from a Japanese automobile manufacturer. The name NS-X represented ‽New Sportscar eXperimental.”
The design and materials used on the NSX was revolutionary and introduced many industry 'firsts' for the production car market. It was the first production car to use titanium connecting rods, six in total. The body and chassis was comprised of aluminum, weighing just over 460 pounds, much less than steel but with equal strength. The aluminum body housed many advanced technologies such as PGM-FI, Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control (VTEC), and a direct ignition system. The 3-liter DOHC V-6 engine was mounted mid-ship and matted to a five-speed manual gearbox. With 270 horsepower and 210 foot-pounds of torque, zero-to-sixty was accomplished in under six seconds.
Production was slow, but for good reason. Each vehicle was hand assembled by a team of technicians, with an average of about 20 examples being produced per day. During its introductory year only 1940 examples were produced. Sales continued to be strong through the 1990's and into the next millennium. By 2004, over 8000 examples were being produced each year.
Since its inception, minor aesthetic styling changes have occurred, most notably the pop-up halogen headlights have been replaced with fixed high-intensity-discharge (HID) beams. The rear wing has been changed since its introduction and various other parts of the body have been slightly modified to improve the drag coefficient. These small changes have increased the top speed from 167 to 175 mph.
Throughout the years; various mechanical components have been updated such as the suspension and the size of the tires. The larger-diameter wheels and tires did more for its appearance than it did for performance. In 1995 a Sequential Sportshift automatic transmission, inspired by Formula One racing, was offered as optional equipment. That was the same year that the NSX-T, the NSX but with a removable roof, was introduced.
The NSX's 270 horsepower engine was powerful and the excellent weight-distribution of the vehicle offered superb handling. Power was sent to the rear wheels courtesy of a six-speed manual gearbox.
From the beginning the NSX has been involved in racing. In its first year on the track it captured the Manufacturer's and Driver's Championship in the International Motor Sports Association (IMSA) GTP Lights series. This accomplishment was repeated in 1992 and 1993. In 1997 and NSX captured the SCCA World Challenge Championship.
The price tag and styling is borderline 'Supercar' while the horsepower and performance approaches some of the other great supercars such as Lamborghini and Ferrari. The entire package speaks for itself, with over 10 years in production and very little changes being implemented through the years. Though it does not produce the high horsepower numbers, it does have the highest per-liter output of any naturally aspirated V6 production road-going car in the world. Focusing on weight distribution, low weight, down-force, aerodynamics, suspension and technology rather than large engines has made this vehicle a technological and stylish marvel even to this day.
By Daniel Vaughan
In a 1996 comparison of the Porsche 911 and the Acura NSX-T a major road test magazine's final summary remarks were: "As a fully satisfying drop-top, the Porsche's manners and style are hard to beat. It's one of the few cars that has its own heritage. The Acura, on the other hand, offers a unique combination of driving precision, high-tech engineering, and open-air thrills. Ultimately, the manual transmission version of either car is more compelling to us; however, if we had to choose one, we'd take the brilliant composure of NSX-T over the 911's charm, history, and cachet."
1996 Acura NSX Specifications
1996 NSX Engine & Performance Specifications
- 2,977 cc 3 liters 6 V mid transverse engine with 90 mm bore, 78 mm stroke, 10.2 compression ratio, light alloy block, light alloy head, double overhead cam, variable valve timing/camshaft and four valves per cylinder
- Premium unleaded fuel
- Multi-point injection fuel system
- Main 70 liter fuel tank
- Power: 201 kW, 270 HP @ 7,100 rpm; 210 ft. lb. @ 5,300 rpm
- - 1996 NSX Braking & Suspension Specs -
- Four disc brakes including four ventilated discs
- Electronic traction control via engine management
- Alarm System
- Rear mechanical limited slip differential
- Inflatable alloy rim engine compartment spare wheel
- Wishbone front and rear suspension with stabilizer bar independent with coil springs
1996 NSX Lights & Exterior Specs
- Front and rear body color impact absorbing bumpers
- Coefficient of drag: 0.32
- Driver and passenger power body color door mirrors
- External dimensions: overall length (mm): 4,425, overall width (mm): 1,811, overall height (mm): 1,171, wheelbase (mm): 2,530, front track (mm): 1,509, rear track (mm): 1,529 and curb to curb turning circle (mm): 11,613
- Projector beam lens halogen bulb twin concealed headlights
- Luxury trim leather on gear shift knob
- Gloss paint , black paint , pearl paint
- Fixed rear window
- Front body color lip spoiler, trunk/hatch black wing spoiler
- Tinted glass
- Weights: gross vehicle weight rating (kg) 1,592, curb weight (kg) 1,425
- Two-speed windshield wipers with W/S wiper mist setting and variable intermittent wipe
- 1996 NSX Interior Features & Specifications
- CFC free liquid air conditioning with climate control
- Power + diversity antenna
- Peripheral anti-theft protection
- Front illuminated ashtray
- Audio anti-theft protection: code
- Stereo Bose audio system with AM/FM
- Cargo area light
- Cargo capacity: rear seat up; to lower window (liters): all seats in place (liters): 142
- Front seats illuminated cigar lighter
- Digital clock
- Floor full console with open storage box
- Courtesy lights with two switches
- Steering wheel mounted cruise control
- Front seats cup holders
- Door ajar warning
- Floor covering: carpet in passenger compartment and carpet in load area
- Driver and passenger front airbag
- Sports seat
- 3-point reel front seat belts on driver seat and passenger seat with pre-tensioners and grabbers
- Front seat center armrest with integral box
- Lockable illuminated glove compartment with lid
- Head restraints on front seats
- Internal dimensions: front headroom (mm): 922, front hip room (mm): 1,367, front leg room (mm): 1,125, front shoulder room (mm): 1,334 and interior volume (liters): 1,385
- Low fuel level warning
- Key power locks with internal switch operates from passenger door
- Vehicle speed proportional power steering
- Front power windows with door mounted switches and one one-touch
- Rear view mirror
- Mechanical remote fuel filler door release
- Electric remote trunk/hatch release
- Seating: two seats
- Leather seat upholstery with additional leather
- Four speakers
- Leather covered steering wheel
- Ventilation system with digital controls, variable fan speeds and recirculation setting
Price New (as tested) = $85,310.00~
IMPROVEMENTS / UPGRADES FOR THE 1995 (CARRIED THROUGH TO 1996 MODELS) INCLUDED:
Changes for 1995
- Added Targa top version: the NSX-T
- Only Targa's were available in 1995 in the US; coupes were unavailable.
- Roofs now all body colored
- New color: Midnight Pearl
- Not Available in '95: Grand Prix White
- Black interior changed from interior code E to code J. It's a little lighter.. a dark charcoal color
- Different Exhaust Tips
- Optional "Sportshift” ("Tiptronic-style" shifting for Automatics)
- Power Steering becomes standard for Manuals as well as Automatics
- Changed gearing of 2nd gear in Manual Transmission
- Modified airflow to brakes to improve cooling
- Traction Control Light no longer shines green when activated, still shines yellow when inactive
- Limited Slip Differential Changes on manual transmission cars. Went from Torque Control Differential to a Torque Reactive Differential - when combined with Throttle-By-Wire, increases speeds out of a corner by 10%. Automatic cars keep old differential.
- Bumper reinforcements were changed to extruded aluminum instead of the stamped steel
- Reinforcements for Targa top, including: The base of the B pillar where it joins the rocker panel, larger rear bulkhead crossbar, thicker trunk leading edge panel, a redesigned and thicker-walled rear roof section, a redesigned front roof rail section, additional rib in the center rear bulkhead section, a completely redesigned and thicker upper A-pillar. There's also a redesigned and thicker upper dashboard cross member and a redesigned front lower floor section. The extruded aluminum side sills were extensively reinforced - wall thickness of the vertical center web of the 5-sided extrusion went from 2mm to 6mm.
Changes for 1996
- Grand Prix White available again
- Coupes were available again, though from this point on they were special-order only
THIS PARTICULAR 1996 ACURA "T" NSX
This desirable Targa roof Acura NSX is an absolutely striking example. The NSX is finished in one of the more rare and desirable colors, Grand Prix White, Color Code #22) with lovely tan leather interior.
The NSX has a completely clean Car Fax report that chronologically documents the cars mileage of just over 59,000 miles. The report also reflects that the NSX is free from any previous reported accident or structural damage, odometer rollback, manufacturers recall, airbag deployment or total loss. The NSX is given a considerable credit of over $1,500.00 on Car Fax due to its low mileage. Additionally, the Car Fax report documents the cars chronological mileage and shows it as "Low Mileage"! The car has 77.457 miles at this writing. We should note that many of the Acura NSX's that we see have very high mileage due to the reliability and strength of the Honda designed drive-line. To find a car that has been used minimally (fewer than 5,000 miles per year) is very unusual.
Within the past 2 weeks, the NSX was taken in and received a comprehensive inspection and mechanical evaluation. The car was inspected at 58,889 miles (fewer than 100 miles ago) and given a ‽Clean Bill of Health” both for the required California safety inspection along with overall mechanical strength. It was recommended that tires be changed as a result of age and we opted for a completely new set of wheels (Light weight alloy Tenhin ENK finished in Gun Metal gray with polished lips) / (17” x 8” front / 17” x 9” rear) (Quality Yokohama'S Drive- (Rear) 255/40/17” (Front) 215/40/17” that we believe compliment the cars color combination beautifully. Additionally, the tires are proper size for the later model NSX models and provide slightly wider width and improved handling. The stock NSX wheels can be negotiated as part of the sale or can be re-mounted to the car. Please note that the price of the car does not include both sets of wheels.
One of the benefits of a well maintained newer vehicle that is service by the dealer is documentation of the service history on the Car Fax report. This car not only shows a chronological progression of mileage to its current low level of 58,xxx but was serviced by Acura dealers since its delivery on 12/10/96. Service at Acura authorized dealerships was frequent and in compliance with the Acura NSX maintenance schedule. The following service history is part of the Car Fax history:
Delivered New: 12/10/1996
Title Issued: 1/6/1996
Emissions (Passed): 1997 / 1998
13,170 Miles: 4 wheel alignment / new tires mounted & balanced (Acura dealer)
15,401 Miles: Recommended / scheduled maintenance performed including:
- Drivability / performance checked
- Engine powertrain & computer module checked
- Air filter replaced
- Tires rotated & balanced
- Rear brakes serviced
- Steering and suspension lubricated
- Oil service and all fluids checked / filled
- Complete oil service
- Tires mounted & balanced
- Recommended maintenance performed
- Complete maintenance inspection
- Computer (s) checked
- Steering lubricated/ checked
- Tires rotated / balanced
- Front & rear brakes replaced
- Complete oil & lubrication service
- 2 Tires mounted and balanced
- Oil service
- Computer (s) checked
- Catalytic converter replaced
3/30/2001 - Front spoiler replaced
- Recommended NSX service performed
- Engine power train computer module checked
- Transmission fluid change
- Air filter changed
- Spark plugs changed
- Engine valve adjustment
- Tire rotation & balancing
- Rear brakes serviced
- Steering / suspension lubricated
- Oil service
- Two tires mounted & balanced
- Oil service
- De-carbon service completed
- Throttle body cleaned & serviced
- Drive belts replaced
- Complete detail
- Oil service
- Steering damper replaced
- Four wheel alignment
- Pre-inspection /pre-sale delivery performed by dealer
- Recommended dealer service performed
- Tires balanced
- Interior light bulbs replaced
- Rear brake pads replaced
- Oil service
48,067 Miles - Oil & filter
- Emission system checked (passed smog)
- Passed new stringent California emission test
- Multiple oil / filter services by most recent vehicle owner / engineer
Note the vehicles owner reports that the timing belt was changed despite the Acura maintenance requirement of a change at 90,000 miles. Also, additional regular maintenance was performed at Los Gatos Acura.
BODY / PAINT / INTERIOR
The quality of the paint and body on this NSX is excellent. There is no evidence of significant previous or current accident damage and the photos accurately depict the beauty of the lines and color combination of the Acura NSX. The cars original paint and that has held up very well. As a result of minor lower front bumper scratches the front bumper cover was apparently re-painted but it look excellent and matches very well. There are no rock chips or damage on the hood or front bumper.
An inspection of the car's body reveals no significant damage and hardly a minor paint chips, scratches and other flaws that one would normally find on a vehicle of this age. Any very minor imperfections are consistent with the vintage of a limited use, specialty vehicle. We have photographed every part of the car but many of the minor flaws are too slight to show up in the photographs. In any event, any issues to not detract from the overall appearance of the NSX. The doors and sides are free from noticeable (if any!) door dings and the front and rear bumpers do not show any "bumper rash" that is often seen on high mileage examples or that have been used as more regular "drivers."
The quality of the interior is equally as good as that of the exterior body and paint. As the photographs reflect, outside of the normal fine patina of leather on the seats, there are no rips, tears or other damage and the driver's side seat bolster is free from tears and rips that can be so common on this model. The lack of wear and tear is due, in part to the relatively small stature of the car's owner and driver and only signs of fine "patina” show on the lovely leather interior. The remainder of the interior is truly exceptional and all of the gauges, switches and controls are fully functional as one would expect from a reliable, dependable Acura automobile.
The NSX is equipped with factory coordinated logo floor mats and the door panels, dash, and headliner reflect the level of care /use one would expect from a careful enthusiast owner / driver. There are no dash cracks or damage to the interior.
The car is fitted with the "T" top that was introduced in mid-1995 and is considered desirable by NSX prospective buyers/owners.
Frankly, the old adage "A photo is worth 10 words applies to both the interior and exterior of the NSX."
As is true with virtually all of our cars, the NSX comes to us from a local San Francisco Bay area customer. The owner is a true sports car enthusiast and while he thoroughly enjoyed his ownership of the NSX for over 4 years, his acquisition of other cars on his ‽Bucket List” necessitated the sale of the NSX
We have always enjoyed driving the NSX and this car is no exception. The car does everything right and the documented maintenance history is likely to make it a reliable, affordable example for years to come.
Frankly, from a mechanical perspective we cannot fault the NSX. The car has excellent performance, shifts smoothly (many road tests indicated this is one of the best transmissions in any exotic) and accelerates smoothly and without fuss. As expected from a Honda (Acura) the car is tight, well-engineered and effortless to drive. It stops straight and true, steers well with power assisted steering and, of course, is free from any leakage or undercarriage oil / grease (please refer to the photographs)
Based on the totally stock condition of the NSX there are no indications of the car ever being raced (tracked), abused, or driven by anyone other than responsible mature individuals. Also, please note that the engine bay (and front "trunk" area have not be cleaned up for the sale or photographs. They have been maintained in this excellent condition by the cars previous owners.
Outside of the upgraded wheels / tires discussed mentioned earlier, the only change is the addition of a larger rear support in the engine bay to add additional strength to the cars structure. While the original is not shown it is included should the owner want to go 100% stock. Also, the choice of wheels can be discussed / negotiated as part of the sale price of the NSX.
This NSX is a "no surprises" example of the one of the finest overall, high performance touring sports cars available in the marketplace today. It is a truly lovely example and is being offered at a fraction of its original (and many believe very reasonable) MSRP price.
LICENSE / REGISTRATION / INSPECTION
- Currently licensed & registered in California (Clear title)
- Passed recent California safety inspection (proper lights, turn signals, etc.)
MISCELLANEOUS GENERAL INFORMATION
• We have a number of additional, detailed photographs but are only able to show 100~ on our listings. Please let us know if we can provide additional detailed photos of any part of the NSX-T.
• We have been shipping vehicles for years and have established excellent contacts that are not only high quality but very price competitive. We do not use brokers, terminal shipping or other discount methods. Call us or email for a quote directly to your home or office. We are often able to obtain quality enclosed transportation (the kind of travel this car deserves) for the cost of open shipping.
• As with virtually all collector/specialty vehicles, we find that parts and resources are readily available for this (and most every vehicle), thanks in large part to the Internet!
• In addition to the purchase price of the vehicle, California buyers will be subject
• to sales tax, documentation fee, DMV transfer fees and license/registration. Out-of-state buyers will be responsible for the purchase price of the vehicle and any local taxes/fees will be the purchaser's responsibility to pay in their respective state. IMPORTANT NOTE: If the vehicle is delivered or driven in California and driven on California roads, sales-tax, license registration and transfer fees will be assessed per California law.
• While we encourage telephone calls to discuss this vehicle in greater detail we will not respond to inquiries asking "What is the reserve". Also, if you would prefer that we call you to answer any questions about the vehicle; shipping alternatives, etc. please e-mail us with your telephone number and will gladly get back in touch with you.
• As with any collectible vehicle of this vintage we are unable to provide a warranty or guarantee of condition. However, we make every effort to accurately represent our vehicles, and highlight both positive items as well as areas that require attention. We ask that prospective buyers consider our eBay history/feedback, standing in the community, length of time in business, and other factors when purchasing a collectible vehicle from Classic Cars Ltd.
• Please keep in mind that minor cosmetic issues/flaws may be present on every vehicle (regardless of cost) including small chips, nicks, scratches, etc. that can be seen on even the best restoration, or even a relatively new, used "pre-owned" vehicle. Also, ownership of a collectible / specialty vehicle is more enjoyable if the owner is familiar with the "realities" of these unique cars. Unlike more modern day vehicles, these cars require regular, ongoing care/maintenance and some mechanical knowledge, patience, and understanding can make the experience considerably more pleasant. That said, collector / "specialty" car owners will tell you (emphatically) that they love their cars and wouldn't trade them for anything!!
• The information contained in this description is believed to be accurate but, in some instances, has been provided by the car's owner / owners or outside sources. As a result, we are unable to guarantee the accuracy of the information. We encourage verification of "numbers" and significant data prior to the purchase of any collector vehicle that you are considering.
PURCHASING A COLLECTOR VEHICLE - THINGS TO CONSIDER
• As always, we recommend that you carefully review the seller's background of any collector car being sold over the Internet. We believe that it is important to ask yourself a number of questions including, but not limited to:
• How long have they been in business?
• How much experience do they have with collector cars?
• How many positive collector car vehicle sales have completed (positive eBay feedback)?
• How detailed/complete is the description of the vehicle?
• Do the photos show details of the interior, exterior, top, chrome, etc. or are they simply "Glamour Shots" taken from a distance?
• Does the seller have a Surety Bond to protect the financial transaction?
• What about insurance, licensing by the state, and a local business license?
• Does the seller (if a business) have any DMV (Motor Vehicle) complaints and/or other history of legal action, grievances?
• Does the seller enjoy a favorable local and national/international reputation?
• Can the seller assist with funding sources, transport and out of state/country sales?
ABOUT CLASSIC CARS LTD.
• Classic Cars Ltd. has been in the same, small, California town for over to 20 years. We operate a small "brick & mortar", indoor showroom, and specialize in the sale, consignment, and purchase of sports, high performance and specialty vehicles of all types. We have a particular interest in sports cars and unique vehicles.
• The majority of our vehicles come from local, private owners and collectors, and many were sold new in California. We appreciate that rust free cars, with excellent documentation and history are especially attractive to our buyers both locally, and around the country. As a result, we do not purchase our collectible cars from "distressed" sales, such as wholesale auctions, salvage sales, or lien sales. We do not sell vehicles with salvage titles, or those that have a history of significant accident damage or repair.
• Please review our feedback on eBay (user name Never22Many) representing over 675+ positive transactions to buyers all over the United States / World.
• We are fully insured, bonded, and licensed for collector car sales all over the United States/World.
• Classic Cars Ltd. carries a $50,000 Surety bond to cover financial transactions
• We enjoy excellent relationships with a number of transport companies and, as a result, can often times obtain preferred pricing for vehicle shipping. Please give us a call and we will be glad to refer you to suitable transport companies. Needless to say, we would recommend a quality, enclosed transporter that is experience with moving high quality, collectible cars.
• We frequently sell vehicles to out of State / out of country buyers, and will be glad to provide references for buyers in your area.
Classic Cars Ltd.
|Body Type / Style:||Targa
|Exterior Color:||Grand PrixWhite|
|Interior Color:||Tan Leather|
|Transmission: ||5 Speed Manual
California Lic & Reg
Dual Side Mirrors
Factory Air Conditioning
Factory Bucket Seats
Factory Center Console
Factory Seat Belts
| ||Matching Numbers Engine|
Matching Numbers Transmission
Meets All USA Standards
New Yokohama Tires
Original Jack & Tools
Sway Bars (Front & Rear)
Sorry for the Dirty Tires!
Original Wheels Sold Separately or?
All NEW Wheels / Tires <100 Mi.